I'll say this on Scotland and qualifying for WC 2010...

Boab

George Burley got a lot of stick at the start of September, and I'll say this:

We'll qualify for South Africa under George and I'm very pleased to have a positive manager who wants the ball on the deck and wants to play attacking football.

I have every confidence the Manager and we'll be in Africa through qualifying and not cause of a friendly tournament like in Korea (tu)

(tu) was going to post something similar. I also think the last game of the group between us and Holland at Hampden could determine who finishes top. :)

As long as it doesn't end like the tally game :anguish: :angry2:

Difference is the Dutch aren't cheats :pipe:

CHRISTIAN

Don't rate or like George Burley, a poor manager.

No chance of Scotland making 2010.

Fair enough you dont like him Muff, but I find it strange you rate him a poor manager, considering what he has done.

I was actually desperate for burley to taker over when Smith left.

Burley is a spud of a man.

His continual bleating about the 'hot weather' in Macedonia gave the players a pre-made excuse for a shitty performance. He pedalled that shite all week, but kept following it with: "Oh, but it's certainly not an excuse."

Then we get humped, and surprise surprise, guess what the players blamed it on!

have you played in that heat ? It is draining and definitely affects you. The players lost half a stone cos it was so hot. :ohmy:

He's not really done that much tbh....

Ayr- pish

Colchester- pish

Ipswich- Couple of good seasons, 5th in Premiership

Derby- pish

Hearts- good start to the SPL but it would never of lasted

Southampton- pish

Average lower league manager.

Burley is a spud of a man.

His continual bleating about the 'hot weather' in Macedonia gave the players a pre-made excuse for a shitty performance. He pedalled that shite all week, but kept following it with: "Oh, but it's certainly not an excuse."

Then we get humped, and surprise surprise, guess what the players blamed it on!

have you played in that heat ? It is draining and definitely affects you. The players lost half a stone cos it was so hot. :ohmy:

I've played football and tennis in 40 degrees in Cyprus.

It is hard work, but they're professional athletes who should be taking on the liquids to cope.

That's why they should of travelled a day earlier instead of when they did.

Anyway he was probably pissed and couldn't think of anything else to say apart from the heat. I hope Norway put him in his place tomorrow.

I hope he starts James Morrison tomorrow.

He's far, far better than Brown and Commons and he's bang in form at the moment.

I'd imagine Morrison, Fletch and Brown will all start. Commons is doubtful though.

Imagine finishing 2nd and not getting into the playoff :anguish:

9 groups, 8 go into the play offs :lol: How gutted would you be?

Not as gutted as coming home from work to hear flower of scotland playing and heading up stairs to see Boab slamming your wife.

But still gutting all the same :anguish:

:lol:

He's far, far better than Brown and Commons and he's bang in form at the moment.

Personally, I'd prefer James Morrison to f*ck off!

Please dont tell me its because he was born in England

Nah, he said he'd get more of a chance playing for Scotland than England! Might be true but it doesn't make me like him. (tu)

Anyone George Burleys a waste of space, ive not seen anything positive from him as Scotland boss yet. Imagine him trying to inspire the players at half time when they're playin pish, i cant

I think we can possibly qualify but under Burley we're doing it the hard way

Nah, he said he'd get more of a chance playing for Scotland than England! Might be true but it doesn't make me like him.

So you want him to fuck off because he said a fact out loud?

Nah, he said he'd get more of a chance playing for Scotland than England! Might be true but it doesn't make me like him.

So you want him to fuck off because he said a fact out loud?

More or less. Doesn't exactly sound like a man who's always wanted to play for Scotland...indeed...he played for England through all the youth levels.

I agree with Gordon:

Aug 5 2007 GORDON WADDELL

I'VE never been a fan of the grandparent rule and James Morrison reminds me why.

When a guy about to pull on a Scotland shirt says - "I was born in England and believe I could do a job for them but it was a question of how long I wanted to wait" - he should be put on the first flight back south.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/opinion/column...78057-19573815/