Yesterday - when will we realise

stewaj3

ok so on reflection, I'm still angry about yesterday, obviously everyone is quite rightly focusing on McCoist, but I've thought of a few other things, not in his favour, but just overall concerns.

Number one, we did seem quite fired up for yesterday, and while I personally think the red card was harsh, stevie smith only has himself to blame as he should never have went diving in like that.

Number two, we all say this, McCoist is to blame for signing inadequate players, well how about the thought that this board and all the others are at fault for standing by McCoist. I'm not getting into the king vs Ashley debate... But our club is a total joke.

Number three, it's not just scouts we need, McCoist knew all about gomis, he ruled out signing him, yet he bossed the midfield yesterday. Good thing he signed for hearts as he probably would have went backwards if he joined us.

Number four, watching the game yesterday was like watching what we should have been doing, looking at the fact they had a major change to their structure, credit to budge and the specky one they seem to have made the right calls. They also sacked a manager who did some good things in gary Locke, someone who no doubt had the clubs interests at heart.

Number five, they have triple training sessions, now this is the key difference, I bet the triple sessions aren't slave driving sessions, but hard work and good fun. The hearts players fitness cannot be question. Can't say the same for us. Nicky law got some praise for yesterday, but he still looks out of breath when he gets near his own half. Ian black just strolls through games. That's just two names.

Number six, ditch the spl rejects, pick the right players to take us forward, young players, work on them, give them a chance, like the way Locke was forced to at hearts. They might struggle for a bit, but if we mix them in with the right 5 or 6 players. It might just work. McCoist must have about 16-18 experienced players in his squad, bar lee wallace and cammy bell, none of them are good enough.

It's just some examples of things we need to change... If u were a player and you wanted to improve your career right now, would you join Rangers or hearts? I know which one I'd pick.

ok so on reflection, I'm still angry about yesterday, obviously everyone is quite rightly focusing on McCoist, but I've thought of a few other things, not in his favour, but just overall concerns.

Number one, we did seem quite fired up for yesterday, and while I personally think the red card was harsh, stevie smith only has himself to blame as he should never have went diving in like that.

Number two, we all say this, McCoist is to blame for signing inadequate players, well how about the thought that this board and all the others are at fault for standing by McCoist. I'm not getting into the king vs Ashley debate... But our club is a total joke.

Number three, it's not just scouts we need, McCoist knew all about gomis, he ruled out signing him, yet he bossed the midfield yesterday. Good thing he signed for hearts as he probably would have went backwards if he joined us.

Number four, watching the game yesterday was like watching what we should have been doing, looking at the fact they had a major change to their structure, credit to budge and the specky one they seem to have made the right calls. They also sacked a manager who did some good things in gary Locke, someone who no doubt had the clubs interests at heart.

Number five, they have triple training sessions, now this is the key difference, I bet the triple sessions aren't slave driving sessions, but hard work and good fun. The hearts players fitness cannot be question. Can't say the same for us. Nicky law got some praise for yesterday, but he still looks out of breath when he gets near his own half. Ian black just strolls through games. That's just two names.

Number six, ditch the spl rejects, pick the right players to take us forward, young players, work on them, give them a chance, like the way Locke was forced to at hearts. They might struggle for a bit, but if we mix them in with the right 5 or 6 players. It might just work. McCoist must have about 16-18 experienced players in his squad, bar lee wallace and cammy bell, none of them are good enough.

It's just some examples of things we need to change... If u were a player and you wanted to improve your career right now, would you join Rangers or hearts? I know which one I'd pick.

An intelligent, interesting, enjoyable, well-thought-out post. (tu)

Ally oot that's all that needs to be said. One man causing our problems on the park

Not so much. (td)

double/triple sessions are what they do in Spain etc.. It seems to be questioned a lot in the UK.. seems to be working for Hearts, doesnt it? Why the FUCK not implement something similar? Because football hasnt changed much in the last 30 years... doh

Hertz do have 3 training sessions.One hard training session and the other 2 are spent on game plans,tactics and dead ball scenarios.

We attend Auchenhowie for 9.00 ish,stretch and yawn for half an hour,talking about the night before.

We train for an hour and after the tea-break, we play 5-a-side footie til knocking off time at 12.00.

Hard life at Rangers????????????NOT.

I agree with you on dome of the points

1 - Agreed . We were fired up yesterday and I actually see that as a positive in the management team as we're quick to criticise when we're not. It's the players that should take the responsibility if they cross a line , not the managers.

2 - Disagree. The board should only be responsible on the financial side of things as re signing players , as in , can we afford it. If Ally identifies a player you cannot expect them , as businessmen , to overrule a footballing manager.

3 - Agree. Even at the lower levels , opposing players are identified as threats / good players . There's no doubting the lack of a scouting system is affecting us , but there are players that , even we , talk about in here of whether they're good or not.

5 - Absolutely. I often wonder what we do in training. Free kick are a major disappointment.

Tactics wise , although there are glimmers of keeping the ball down and passing it , we all to often just lump it up the park. I've always felt we lack imagination when trying to break down a semi - organised defense , hence the route 1 tactics.

4 and 6 - A bit tricky this one. It's alright saying we should have stuck with youth but I'm not sure if we , as a support , are patient enough. Hearts are different from us , in that they had no choice in throwing in their young players . We had a choice and it may be that there was a worry about getting promotion with a team full of young players and the roll on effect of that ie next season's ST sales should we have failed to do so. Having said that , I'd have expected more to have broken through than just MacLeod and Aird had Ally taken more of a chance.

Don't think we're too far apart .