Best Overhead Kick Goal Ever Scored?

Bruce

I wonder who scored the first ever overhead in a professional match. I bet everybody to a man must have applauded. I would have loved to have been there.

Silvio Piola (September 29, 1913 – October 4, 1996) was an Italian footballer from Robbio Lomellina, province of Pavia. He is known as a highly prominent figure in the history of Italian football due to several records he set. Piola won the 1938 FIFA World Cup with Italy, scoring two goals in the final.

Piola is third in the all-time goalscoring records of the Italian national team. He is also the highest goalscorer in Serie A history, with 274 goals, 49 ahead of anyone else. He played 537 Serie A games, putting him 4th on the all-time list for appearances in Italy's top flight. Along with Carlo Parola, he is also considered as the "inventor" of the bicycle kick.

Best overheed I ever saw was on TV on some football highlight. Unfortunately I can't remember that game or team or player or anything but I'd guess it was in one of the European leagues such as the Spanish, Italian , German or maybe the Dutch league.

One player from 25 yars out hits an over head kick onto the bar. The ball come out at the same hight as the crossbar parallel to the ground and a teammate hit's another overheard kick from the same distance (only a few yards over) straight into the top corner of the goal. It was and will always remain the best freekick I ever saw.

If someone can find that, pm me cause I'd love to see it again.

Marco Van Basten

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PuVOEgNYA_A

how do you get the image up

I reckon he scored a better one when he was playing for milan. Anybody know it?

Aye mate. I know the one you are talking about. He scored it for Milan in the Champions League.

I can't remeber who they were playing and I can't find it on Youtube.

20 yards out, ball between 4 and 5ft in the air and somehow he manages to get under the ball and smash it in to the bottom right hand corner. Impressive stuff for someone so tall, but then Van Basten for me along with Puskas are the greatest strikers the world has ever produced.

I love Pele's in escape to victory. The first time i saw it i can remeber going out into Bellahouston park and me and my mates trying it and half of us crying after injuring ourselves trying it