Nancy Manager baffled by McGhee comments

Mc Ghee has whinged that Nancy disrespected them before during and after the game. What does he want from them are they supposed to bow down :hail: to them or what? McGhee has just given them reasons not to respect them ...big baby...his comments are embarrassing :rolleyes:

NANCY manager Pablo Correa says he cannot understand why Motherwell counterpart Mark McGhee has said the Lanarkshire side will "kick their teeth in" when the two sides meet tonight at Fir Park on Uefa Cup duty.

The Uruguayan refused to react to McGhee's comments after arriving in Scotland ahead of the second leg of their first round match.

McGhee used his Sunday newspaper column to hit out at the French club and their manager for showing disrespect before, during and after Nancy's 1-0 home win two weeks ago. He pledged Motherwell would respect Nancy – then try to "kick their teeth in".

Correa said last night "I don't feel there was any problem at the time. After the match we will talk about it in a calm fashion. I know the mental state of my players is good and I have nothing more to add."

McGhee claimed that Correa let out "wails of anguish" every time a Motherwell player challenged an opponent and complained to the referee about minor tackles.

But Correa said: "I don't remember being like that. I just simply want to qualify."

The Motherwell manager also used his pre-match press conference to claim that Nancy felt they only had to turn up to progress to the group stages.

But again, a rather bemused Correa denied the charge. "If that's the impression they have, it's a false impression," he said.

"I think we have to score a goal – it's important to score." http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Nancy-c...sed-.4549500.jp

The journalistic mindset in this country absolutely destroys me.

Here's a quote from Peter Martin (McGuire) that appeared in his online column of the Evening Times today -

I am really excited about this match and love the fact that McGhee has cranked it up with his "kick their teeth in" quote.

Only in Scotland would a journalist get excited by an utterly prehistoric quote like the one that McGhee came out with. If a Spanish manager said that, he'd be castigated by the press.