Fat Ronaldo to Chelsea ?

Ronaldo talks PSG, City

(AFP) Friday 19 September 2008

Print

Email to a friend

Former AC Milan and Real Madrid striker Ronaldo, one of Brazil's most decorated footballers, wants to play for French side Paris Saint-Germain, according to press reports. In an interview with French sports daily L'Equipe, the three-time FIFA World Player of the Year stressed his willingness to play in the capital.

"I love Paris. I have a flat and often go there," said the 31-year-old, who is without a professional club but is currently training with Flamengo in his homeland. "PSG are in the process of building something good. They have recruited good players and constructed a team capable of winning the title."

The most prolific goalscorer in the history of the FIFA World Cupâ„¢, with 15 goals, Ronaldo is recovering in Rio De Janeiro following knee surgery in February.

Despite Manchester City earlier denying reports linking him with a move to Eastlands, Ronaldo again mused about hooking up with countryman Robinho in the English Premier league. "Yes, it's a big possibility," he said. "We are in the middle of talks. We'll see."

That went counter to a statement from City on Tuesday that said they had been interested in signing Ronaldo but after speaking to his agent had decided not to pursue his signature.

Weight issue

In the interview Ronaldo said he was confident of a successful comeback, but admitted he was going through a difficult recuperation period. "This is a challenge I cannot totally control," he admitted.

"This time I cannot have power over everything. It's not like before when I was on the pitch and knew I could score a goal at any moment. Now it's different. I control nothing."

Speaking about criticism leveled at his weight problem, Ronaldo said: "It's normal that people say I'm overweight. There's no surprises there. I've stayed here (in Rio) for five months without my trainer so there's nothing illogical in having gained a few pounds."

PSG, long served by Brazilian players such as Ronaldinho, Rai and Ricardo Gomes, beat Turkish team Kayserispor 2-1 in their UEFA Cup first round, first leg on Thursday.

He was actually ridiculous at one point.

His PSV/Barca and early Inter days were outstanding.

Not exactly poor at Madrid either.

Or Milan! He averaged something like a goal every 2 games at Milan while being riddled with injuries.

I don't know if it's in either video DB, but he scores one goal for Barca from about 30 yards that's simply out of order.

He was the original speedster, trickster, link-up man, finisher......

The list goes on.

Legend.

I don't know if it's in either video DB, but he scores one goal for Barca from about 30 yards that's simply out of order.

He was the original speedster, trickster, link-up man, finisher......

The list goes on.

Legend.

Yeah it is... The other team were holding his shirt and kicking him, and still couldn't get the ball of him.

As you said legend (tu)

Walter if your reading this thread looking for ideas, take a risk on Ronaldo :rangers::craphead: