Sol Campbell..

Sol, Sol, wherever you may be,

Not long now til lunacy,

And we couldn't give a fuck,

When you're hanging from a tree,

Judas cunt with HIV.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. He sold out and deserves it right in his homosexual bollocks as far as I'm concerned

Not long now til lunacy,

Judas cunt with HIV.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. He sold out and deserves it right in his homosexual bollocks as far as I'm concerned

I like their style.

Not long now til lunacy,

Judas cunt with HIV.

You always have a lovely way of explaining things Jim. (tu):lol:

Guest Andypendek

I had the misfortune to hear a report on this on Radio 4's 'Today' programme,er, today. What a load of middle class bollocks they were talking. The point that if you ban this sort of bahaviour in football grounds it will move elsewhere seems to be ignored by these types. Would they rather a crowd gathered outside their house and behaved boorishly? In the end, these are nothing more than words and the reaction to it in England ridiculous.

I had the misfortune to hear a report on this on Radio 4's 'Today' programme,er, today. What a load of middle class bollocks they were talking. The point that if you ban this sort of bahaviour in football grounds it will move elsewhere seems to be ignored by these types. Would they rather a crowd gathered outside their house and behaved boorishly? In the end, these are nothing more than words and the reaction to it in England ridiculous.

That's where I heard it. Le Saux was saying he suffered similar for fifteen years, "getting stick" at various grounds, which didn't help his case.

They said Campbell was the "victim of racist and homoophobic chanting" and I'm sure they said it was Spurs fans, which again seems a bizarre choice of "baddie" when they've had to put up with years of "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz. Hitler's gonna gas them again!"

Spurs in dock over abuse of Sol Campbell

Portsmouth have expressed their hope that the club's firm stance against the abuse that Sol Campbell suffered from Tottenham supporters last weekend can herald a turning point in the relationship between players and English football fans.

By Jeremy Wilson

Last Updated: 10:25PM BST 03 Oct 2008

Sol Campbell has suffered abuse from Spurs fans ever since his move to Arsenal in 2001 - Spurs in dock over abuse of Sol Campbell

Target: Sol Campbell has suffered abuse from Spurs fans ever since his move to Arsenal in 2001 Photo: AP

Campbell had spoken out forcibly about the issue last December and yesterday he instructed Portsmouth to take the highly unusual step of submitting a formal complaint to the Football Association.

Portsmouth also last night called on the internet site YouTube to take down video of fans singing abusive songs about Campbell. The FA, as well as Hampshire Police, are investigating the behaviour of Spurs fans at Fratton Park on Sunday, with potential punishments ranging from a warning to forcing the club to play behind closed doors.

"It was highlighted last season by Sol and it seems nothing has been done," Portsmouth spokesman Gary Double said. "It has come around again and it was worse this time than last year – we hope this time something will be done.

"If this happened in the street, people would be arrested. He took virtually 90 minutes of personal abuse at various levels and it is totally unacceptable. It should not be part of football. Tottenham fans have received unacceptable chants themselves and that is wrong as well. It is not just about last Sunday – there is a wider point for football."

He added: "We are amazed that videos of chanting have been left on the internet. It is in poor taste and we would urge YouTube to take them down."

The FA's investigation will focus on whether Tottenham should have done more to control their fans. The police enquiries followed a complaint from a member of the public and they will focus on trying to establish evidence against individual supporters.

Supt Neil Sherrington, of Hampshire Police, said: "We want to reassure people that we are proactively pursuing the allegations made, and considering the large numbers involved in the incident, we will be closely examining the available evidence against individuals, and following the normal investigative process."

Police decided that it was not safe to take action during the match because of the high numbers of people that were involved in the chanting.

Tottenham yesterday posted a message to their fans on the club website and promised to cooperate with the Hampshire Constabulary and the FA. The statement said: "Given that we do not tolerate any form of obscene or abusive chanting/singing at White Hart Lane and have taken strong action against offenders, when we are away from home we would expect our fans to respect the stewarding policies at the stadia they are visiting,"

Tottenham also have a texting service and special email address where fans can anonymously report discriminatory language. Spurs fans were unhappy with Campbell's move to Arsenal in 2001, but strongly dispute suggestions that there is any racist element to the abuse.

"Sol Campbell can expect some sort of banter, but it should not be homophobic or racist," said Daniel Wynne, chairman of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust.

"There were some songs that should not be aimed towards him but it had nothing to do with him being black. Spurs fans applauded Jermain Defoe, our captain is black. There never has been racism and never will be. If the authorities look at this whole issue, they should also consider what is aimed at us by some supporters, such as the hissing noises to imitate gas chambers."

Q&A

Has this happened before?

It is extremely rare for the FA to investigate complaints that could lead to clubs facing disciplinary action for failing to control their own fans – especially because of abusive chanting. Recent examples have tended to occur when supporters have thrown missiles or invaded the pitch, such as the case against Millwall in 1998 (following pitch invasions during a match against Manchester City).

What are the possible punishments?

The FA could fine Tottenham or make them play a match behind closed doors. The police can also take action against individual supporters found guilty of abusive chanting, as could Tottenham.

So what will happen?

In practice the FA find it difficult to prove that a club has been negligent in controlling their supporters, particularly in an away match. The FA’s rules are different to Fifa’s and Uefa's and they would have to find evidence of a failure of responsibility by Tottenham.

Hasn’t this all been raised before?

Yes, Sol Campbell spoke out about the problem last year. However, despite receiving vocal support from the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Government, there is a feeling at Portsmouth that the problem has actually got worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...l-Football.html