Update from VB. Dingwallgate - The Pantomime Continues

Virtuoso

dame-dingwall.jpg

Written by: Admin

Wednesday, 19th February 2014

Two weeks have passed since we told the sordid tale of accusations that then Rangers Supporter's Trust Board member Mark Dingwall criminally hacked his colleague(s) email account(s).

Those who have closely followed the inner workings of the RST over the years won't be surprised to hear that to date they have still to release a statement on what is a very serious matter.

The RST Chairman, Gordon Dinnie – he of the multi-usernames on Follow Follow - fiddles while Rome burns. The deflection and cover-ups continue. The honesty, transparency and integrity so demanded of the Board of Rangers Football Club by the RST seems sadly lacking when it comes to matters of serious criminality involving their own. Keeping their loyal members informed is not priority for those running the show.

Of course Mr. Dingwall resigned from the RST subsequent to the allegations. As we said at the time, this was a very strange thing for a man proclaiming his innocence to do, don't you think?

We also stated that the solution is very simple. All Mr. Dingwall has to do is instruct his lawyer to demand a retraction and public apology from his accusers. Yes, that could be relatively costly – but if you were in the same position, wouldn't any monetary cost be secondary to proving your innocence?

We think so. In light of Mr. Dingwall taking two costly tables at the forthcoming RST Dinner, it would seem he's not short of a bob or two anyway. We do hope that following previous allegations from another RST Board member that Mr. Dingwall took almost two years to pay for tables at a similar dinner, he's had the common sense and decency to pay up-front this time.

Meanwhile the hacking claims are publicly repeated. A former RST Board Member who resigned in disgust at their inaction regards the allegations continues to accuse Mr. Dingwall on Follow Follow website. Well he did, until in time honoured fashion Mr. Dingwall silenced him by banning his account. Classy. We're informed the allegations are damning and in light of evidence incontrovertible.

(Click image below for full size)

pop3.jpg

Mr. Dingwall is fond of quoting Dr. Stuart Waiton. Here's a quote from him regards the importance of freedom of speech from the latest Rangers Standard interview;

Q. Why is Freedom of Speech important?

Dr. Waiton: It is the basis for all other major freedoms. If you do not have free speech, the very idea of free association or artistic or religious freedom have no real meaning.

Finally we note the daily childish comedy capers of Mr. Dingwall on his website as he bitches and squeals like a pantomime dame regarding those embarking on a credible democratic attempt to set up a new fans initiative involving the Supporters Direct organisation. Kudos to Robert Marshall for refusing to rise to the bait laid by Mr. Dingwall and the handful of supporters he has remaining.

Mr. Marshall repeatedly tells the initiative's detractors he has nothing but Rangers Football Club's interests at heart. Others it would seem care more about self-interest and a need to be in control. How this new initiative pans out remains to be seen – we watch and listen with interest – but at least those trying to get it off the ground seem determined not to allow one man's megalomania derail it.

These allegations have heaped more shame on the RST. At the Supporters Direct Scotland meeting in the Louden last week, even RST Treasurer Christine Somerville recently distanced the organisation from Mr. Dingwall.

There have been good people who have dedicated both time and energy to try to advance the aims of the organisation. They must be shaking their heads in dismay and disgust at what that organisation has become.

http://vanguardbears...-an-update.html

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't seem to know what to do about this and are thrashing about like a chicken wi nae heid.

If they are to save themselves at all, it will need sharp direct action to identify wrongdoing and deal with it.

It won't go away and will only grow larger over time as it festers. Any hopes it will blow over are laughable.

People aren't fooled by the old resignations trick. Politicians have been doing that for years and we didn't buy it from them either.

Is there concrete proof of the hacking? If someone has it, should it not be with the police just now? It would save all this stuff.

Well one of the exRST board members claimed Dingwalls IP had been logged accessing the email account. Dingwall replied that the IP had been altered or something like that. Makes the Sun folk sound like amateurs.

It would save all this stuff.

I think you are missing the point. If Gordon Dynasty Dinnie and the RST kept us, the members, informed then it wouldn't take VB to highlight it.

It is imperative however that until such times as the clique actually come out and be upfront about their big buddy Mark, the VB highlight this as it may save some gullible idiots like myself hard earned money.

The RST do email their email list, such as the email they would have received today. That is RM's choice, FF obviously has a different stance.

I got an RST email wanting monthly money today but I never received an email from the RST about the night only from a totally separate entity?

Talking of which, and referencing DPA, should FF be using email addresses for such activity.

Such things are there to ponder

Well one of the exRST board members claimed Dingwalls IP had been logged accessing the email account. Dingwall replied that the IP had been altered or something like that. Makes the Sun folk sound like amateurs.

So alleged skullduggery has taken place from one or other ? :ohmy:

I got an RST email wanting monthly money today but I never received an email from the RST about the night only from a totally separate entity?

Talking of which, and referencing DPA, should FF be using email addresses for such activity.

Such things are there to ponder

Something will be coming shortly.

I'm banned from follow follow

The RST have no link to follow follow

You can understand my consternation

you can be banned but still be on the pro board (the back up when the main board goes down)

I get these emails but it does state that it's because I'm still on the pro board

you can be banned but still be on the pro board (the back up when the main board goes down)

I get these emails but it does state that it's because I'm still on the pro board

I get the pro board ones separately

The pro board ones are few and far between, for me in any case.

This was a FF one for thehost.

My pro board name was different because I forgot the password for thehost one.