The current squad would win the Championship

People might subscribe to the theory that because we aren't winning 6/7 nil every week that we would struggle in the Championship but I disagree.

The better the team, the more open they'll play which will suit us better.

Yes, McCoist has said it himself but manager will say anything to get more players.

I'm not saying I am happy with the current level of performance or that I wouldn't like us to add to the squad.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The squad will win the championship if they start playing like the players we know they are, get them playing a fast paced game like we did in the semi and we will rip teams apart. More space on the pitch will make it easier, getting the ball down and playing it on the deck is what is needed with all the players we have got.

The squad will win it if its better utilised.

Anyone who thinks a side containing Foster, jig and Mohsni in defence will win championship is deluded..

Unless massive changes occur we'll be scrapping for the play-off place..

Our defence is poor by our standards I agree but who exactly do other teams make you think we have such a poor defence for that league.

What makes you think all the championship teams are just going to come out and attack us?

They won't they will play it tight and defend the inevitable long ball that will come their way, they will also have a much higher level of fitness so we can forget the last 20 min drop off that helped us this season.

I feel we are strong enough, or rather the Championship teams are weak enough, to ensure that we will win the Championship at a canter. I agree with the OP that the increased standard next season should see us getting more chances in more open games. We do, however, need to strengthen, there are players in our team at the moment who will never be 'Rangers Class'.

Is this squad capable of winning the championship? Absolutely. Do the have the right man in charge to bring that yo fruition? I don't think so.

Even if Ally doesn't leave this summer, he needs to hire a defensive coach to drill the back four. We have been sloppy all season and due to poor finishing by the opposition strikers we haven't shipped as many goals as we should have.

We also need a striking coach to work on finishing.

Our defence is poor by our standards I agree but who exactly do other teams make you think we have such a poor defence for that league.

Hearts are a better team than us at the moment and with the ability to add some experience and i suspect Levein as manager theyll be favourites to win league..

We played Raith( bottom half) a fortnight ago and we couldn't score a goal in 120 minutes..

We struggled against ten man Falkirk earlier in season scraping through with a last minute goal..

People might subscribe to the theory that because we aren't winning 6/7 nil every week that we would struggle in the Championship but I disagree.

Yes, McCoist has said it himself but manager will say anything to get more players.

I'm not saying I am happy with the current level of performance or that I wouldn't like us to add to the squad.

Were are you getting this theory that people dont think we will win the championship because we dont win by 6 or 7 goals? Its a piss poor argument as I have never heard anyone say this? People are unhappy at the performances every week. We have part time teams out playing us most weeks and people wonder why we will struggle in a league of full time players. Ally wants more players as he is a terrible manager. His answer to everything is throw more money at it. He needs to cover his failings by adding to even more overpaid squad.

We will win the championship at a canter.

We are in poor form and fan morale is low at the moment but with the way people are talking you would think it's a European Super League we are going into.

The current championship leaders are Dundee who are captained by 36 year old Gavin Rae, have Christian Nade upfront and were managed by John Brown, a figure of constant ridicule on here in terms of coaching ability over the years, for the first three quarters of the season and people think we are going to struggle to win it? <cr>

the team we have now would finish top 6 in spfl, and will canter the league next year no probs, anyone who says otherwise has a clouded view over the management.

Just reading the europe thread got me thinking how far we need to progress to be able to compete in qualifiers never mind the actual european cups, we are miles off that at the minute.

we all bought into this at the start, we started with a bargain basement quality of footballer, we progressed, this year we added some better players, we progressed, next season is time to get rid of the hangers on in our squad and I would add an experienced centre back, and another option up front, if only to make Daly work for his shoe in place in the team.

the novelty is wearing thin in these lower leagues but we have to grin and bear it, we are moving forward as a team which imo is better than the feeling of being in decline, which if we are honest since Advocatt left (after spending a fortune) we were. (not trophy wise, player wise)

this season past was always going to be the hardest for motivation, we had the league wrapped up before a ball was kicked and as every fan can see, the performances since december have been nothing short of woeful.

next summer will be the making of our team, we will need massive investment and an overhaul of most players on the books, we have blew our chance of building a team for the spfl from youth, which should have happened last year instead of forking out money to donkeys like Kyle and Sandaza.

we are on the up, tolerance and sanity is key.

The squad of players we have are more than capable of winning the championship and have proves this with previous teams they have played. So it is something at rangers that needs changed, not the players.

I think we'll be favourites and rightly so and I think we'll have a few new players to strengthen our cause but I don't think it'll be a cake walk,

There's big rumours that Craig Levein will be the new Hearts manager next season, if they keep hold of their players now they're coming out of admin I think they'll be quite strong, despite what many think I do actually believe there is a big leap in quality from the Premiership to the Championship so I think this season will have done the Hearts boys the World of good, a few shrewd signings and they'll be genuine challengers too, which if I'm being honest, I'm quite looking forward to a genuine Challenge.

This seasons performances have been poor, two low points were Albion at Ibrox and the Ramsdens. That said on Saturday we had injuries to key players and came up against the medias lovechildren. We played them off the park for most of the game and we looked the side two divisions above. I had wanted to see us against a side such as them just to measure where we are and one thing i took was that we have nothing to fear from this SPFL.

Of course we would look to improve for next season but we will go up as Champions.

Going back to Saturday the media gave the Rangers performance no credit at all the shower of bastards.

We will walk that league

Anyone who thinks a side containing Foster, jig and Mohsni in defence will win championship is deluded..

Unless massive changes occur we'll be scrapping for the play-off place..

You talk as though the Championship were better than the Premiership and could possibly challenge La Liga.