How long should McCoist get in the Championship?

Assuming he's not sacked or doesn't resign before we enter the Championship next season, how long are you prepared to give him if he's not getting it right? I think we need to be top of the league and at least 5 or 6 points clear after the first round of 9 games. If not, he has to go. We MUST get it right and be promoted to our rightful place in the Premiership at the first time of asking.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're falling far behind by christmas say 9-12 pts off the top and further decline looks likely then he needs to go as we'll need a fresh change to try and save the season but if we've maybe just had a shaky start but look odds on to win the league then it would be stupid to unsettle everything and risk it all going pear shaped with an unnecessary change.

Please God get him tae fuck the day THIS season ends.

Ibrox will be deserted after another season of McCoist's shite.

If we go through next season unbeaten, win the league by 40 points yet play poorly, do you really think that Ibrox will be deserted? I believe that the test next season will be pure and simple to win the league, even dare I say, by winning ugly.

Ok, let's assume that some other team, say Hearts, have won all their games except against us.

Going by the first 9 games, what would you say would be the minimum criteria for the manager to keep his job?

Minimum criteria??? You're obviously just looking for any excuse ..or wanting to find faults. Pathetic.

I don't see the board sacking him in any scenario unfortunately, but if we were to start falling behind, I'd hope he'd do the decent thing and walk. Somehow, I don't see that happening either. But just let's wait and see, we may actually be better in the Championship, if all the teams don't play to defend as some team members say has happened in Div1.

He has to got this season.

No iffs, no buts, no maybes and we need to start putting genuine pressure on Ally and the board to ensure it happens.Talking about it on here wont make it happen and none of this "its not the Rangers way" bolllocks because frankly I'm 50 years of age and that cobblers means fuck all to me.

Otherwise, this sort of debate will take place after every game next season rendering the debate inherent in this thread redundant.

If we go through next season unbeaten, win the league by 40 points yet play poorly, do you really think that Ibrox will be deserted? I believe that the test next season will be pure and simple to win the league, even dare I say, by winning ugly.

Whilst it is painfully tedious watching some of the ugly winning football, it serves to ingrain a winning mentality. Obviously Ally knows this. We were grateful for this under Walter when going for titles and cups. We may be grateful for it again in the coming years.

Also, some fine football was played in the early part of the season and the standard of play for much of the performance against the ginger Dundonians was more than acceptable, individual errors aside.

Ideally I wouldn't even let him near us going into the championship but it looks like he's sticking around so I'd give him just this season (next) to get us promoted to the Premiership. Just one season. Maybe not even a full season. If we're performing shite around christmas then I'd get rid of him then and there.

I held firm as long as I could but Ally has failed to improve the standard of football over two full seasons. What makes people believe we will improve under the current management team in the Championship?

I have no doubts we will win the Championship but over two years we have failed to make any tangible improvement on what was meant to be our road back to the top.

We can win ugly and win the Championship, but what is the long term plan. Win the championship and then buy a new squad to compete in the SPL top league using money we cannot afford.

We now have one full season to build a squad capable of challenging for the top title. If you believe the current management team capable of such a feat then you have a lot more faith than I, because I have no faith in the current coaching staff.

Remember folks one season to build a team worthy of the name.