Ibrox rugby award

gunnybear1

RANGERS have won Best Rugby Event at this year's Rugby Expo Awards.

The Light Blues, in partnership with Glasgow 2014, secured the Best Rugby Event prize at a star-studded dinner at Twickenham – in recognition of the hard work and endeavour of everyone at the Club who helped create a truly world class showpiece.

Rangers Football Club was proud to host the Rugby 7s tournament during this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and the Ibrox event won the major honour at the prestigious Rugby Expo Awards last night.

Over 170,000 fans were in attendance at Ibrox over two days of top class international rugby – a record for the sport - and there was an electric atmosphere at the Stadium which was unparalleled in Rugby 7s and even rivalled the atmosphere at Murrayfield for Six Nations matches.

Rangers Chief Executive Graham Wallace commented: “Rangers Football Club is delighted to receive such a prestigious award and we thank the Rugby Expo Awards panel for this honour.

“Ibrox was transformed into the perfect venue for international rugby and feedback from spectators, games officials, media commentators, VIP guests and the athletes themselves has been outstanding with praise for the way we delivered the four sessions – with over 170,000 spectators safely managed in and out over the two days.

“From a club perspective, we know what a great atmosphere Ibrox can generate, and to experience this for the sport of seven a-side rugby was fantastic.

“A tremendous amount of work over many months from a huge number of Club staff went in to the detailed planning and operational delivery of such a successful event and everyone played their part to ensure we hosted an event to be proud of.

“We delivered a truly outstanding event and everyone should feel justifiably proud."

Kom op Sud-Afrika!!

Hahaha... Kom op?

nee fok man, wie het jy daai vertel? (fuck sakes man, who told you to say that?) google maybe?

i'll assume you meant "come on south Africa..." and google has given you the direct translation.. grammatically poor though... either way BOKKE all the way... (i know they play in green.. I tell my friends it's duck egg blue though..)

I hope you guys get more rugby at the greatest stadium in the world though... only as a temporary substitute to the poor football for now... as i'm hoping it improves drammatically in the next few months.. mon Rangers!

And what exactly did we get out of hosting it? Beggars got their midden and the Celtic walkway at taxpayers expense, yet more people visited Ibrox over the games

Should have told the labour celtic supporting council where to go.

And maybe just maybe , one day we will have a memorial in George square for those who died in the Ibrox disaster.

And what exactly did we get out of hosting it? Beggars got their midden and the Celtic walkway at taxpayers expense, yet more people visited Ibrox over the games

Should have told the labour celtic supporting council where to go.

And maybe just maybe , one day we will have a memorial in George square for those who died in the Ibrox disaster.

I've just seen a pig fly by my window.On second thoughts it was Angela HAGgerty...