***Jelavic watch 2012***

G.E.C.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jelavic scores 12 league goals a season I will be surprised. 10 at a push I reckon. Its nothing to do with bitterness I just think he will struggle playing in an average team in a league that is a higher standard than his capabilities.

12 from February to May is way off IMO. 3-5 league goals more realistic.

I like Jela, but as much as I think he can cut it in the EPL I just don't know if he'll do it at a club like Everton. They've never been a club for creating or scoring a shit load of goals, and I just think it would've been better for both parties (Jela & RFC) if he had held out until the summer, where a decent Euros may just have got himself a better move.

Good idea for a thread, contrary to some fannies' opinions :craphead:

Wish the big man all the best, feel pretty sad that he's not with us anymore. Was watching his youtube vids earlier as well, some great goals :(

Gotta feeling he'll do just fine down there, he's a class act. Shame about his form for us this season though.

Good player but PRSO was better and Nacho SCORED when they had to in big games.

Jelavic was for me not a converted rangers man like both above.

That was only through the time he came we had other issues .

He will struggle at Everton and wont have the impact he had in the spl.

As goodwillie he is so overated and i cant believe i was bothered he didnt come to ibrox

going down with blackburn to the championship and steve kean .

Between 3 & 5 this season! (tu)

Starts that is!! :D

I just wonder about Moyes quote after signing him:-

"Obviously we don't know how Nikica will do - there is no manager in the country who can guarantee when he brings in a player he will work, whether you pay £50m or £5m," Moyes admitted."I hope we are getting a centre-forward at the right age who can do numerous things but importantly scores a few goals."He has already succeeded in Scotland, which has a British style, so hopefully he doesn't have any problem settling in. "I hope he hits the ground running - we need it - but if not he is here for the long term and we'll be gentle with him and give him time to settle in."

Sounds like he has a fair few doubts to be honest. An awful lot of negative talk from a manager who's apparently been trying to sign the guy for 2 or 3 years....and for a player who was top scorer in Scotland.

As someone else said....I think he should have been content with staying as a big fish in the small pond until the summer (hopefully helping us win the league), seeing what he could do in a major tourny before deciding whether to move or not.