From The Boardroom To The Pitch...

AlBear.

From the boardroom to the pitch, and everything inbetween.  

330 members have voted

1. 1. what's your attitude towards everything Rangers right now?

• Depressed with everything Rangers from top to bottom.
    • Pessimistic that positive changes aren't happening, or aren't happening quick enough.
    • Meh.
    • Optimistic that positive changes are happening and leading to a brighter future.
    • Happy with everything Rangers as the situation currently stands.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to be positive in times of austerity and upheaval, but one of these days I'm sure my optimism will be proved right.

We have MA and DL who appear very focussed in cutting costs, while it will be hard it should hopefully lead to longer term benefits.

9 points behind hearts is a damning sight, but it is not insurmountable. Promotion is the only option for us and that is still attainable.

Lots of players out of contract in the summer. This can be viewed either way, but for me it could prove to be the blessing in disguise. A chance for a fresh start after promotion, with the ability to attract consistently better players. We won't be paying out any fees for foreseeable future but as has been shown in the lower leagues we still have the pull to attract players above those levels.

Tbh al im finding.it hard to give a shit what's going on these days. It's one boot in the balls after another and nobody seems to.give a fuck about the fans.

Im hoping MA or another single owner takes over. This "consortium" has at times ressembled the only fools and horses episode chain gang. Its been a shambles and at times hilarious in its own right.

If this was all happening last year I'd be optimistic (Ashley, McCoist, Contracts up etc.) But we have such a gap of money to cover right now and everyones too busy fighting with each other with no direction.

I think I'd vote for 'meh'. But it seems a bit gay.

Sick is the appropriate word. Im just sick to death of everything about the Club at the moment. Sick of having the same conversation for 3 years. Sick of the football, sick of the boardroom pish, sick of some of our fans. I go to the football these days for the day out and a few pints and to support the club, cant say I get much joy out of it these days. Try to stay hopeful but every time our hopes get shattered and we take one step forward two steps back.

Was hoping Ally would leave and that would lead to improvement on the field and in attendance at Ibrox with a new manager etc. But thats turned into a complete clusterfuck just like everything at Rangers. Once again we're left in the dark. And the silence from the board on the Ally issue in the past few days has made me lose all hope in the board completely.

Im so sick of not knowing what the fucks going on, my mates know im a big Rangers fan so whenever something happens they go "Willis, whats the deal with X, Y, Z at Rangers" and for 3 years now all I or anyone else can truthfully say is "fuck knows, no one knows" All the while having to listen to and read posts by idiots who think they are omniscient when it comes to Rangers telling you one thing or another when they dont have a fucking clue.

In a nutshell, from the Boardroom to the Pitch to the Stands, the whole things a fucking shambles.

Absolutely pissed off with everything connected with the club just now.

The Neil Alexander contract row was a new low for me, it was written in his contract apparently and we tried to cheat him out of his promised wage rise.

There's No dignity left at our club anymore, we have a fucking cheek slaughtering the traitors who walked out on us when this is how we treat players who remained loyal.

Not one positive thing about the club at the moment.

You get up in the morning feeling a bit fresher, go about your day hoping for some glimmer of good news.

That glimmer is doused by the time you go back to your nest.

Next day, same pattern, repeat endlessly.

Groundhog Day.

Bit disillusioned with it all. Ive got a wee boy and while im doing my best to get him interested its like fighting a losing battle trying to keep him from premiership teams in england because we lurch from one shambolic episode to another. To be fair i was spoiled growing up during the souness revolution and the 9in a row squad but i feel im losing a bit of intrest myself as it appears everyone from players to management to board members couldnt give a fuck. Apathy is going to cost us our club eventually

Aye things could be better, but stop greeting ya bunch of fish wives.

im glad we still have a club for some to greet about and bizarrely try to kill.

Despite them all, we are still here.

Ally has been a big stumbling block but is now gone.

A new manager plus some backing in january will do wonders.

Dont give in to the doomsayers and moaning minnies. Just think back to the time we hit admin.

There will be more ups and downs but fuck it, im remaining positive til they demolish Ibrox.

The shameful thing is this gloomy climate is being deliberately exaggerated by supposed fans.

Weve been in worse positions and will undoubtedly emerge from this one and hopefully jettison the doomsayers and agenda players along the way.

Its shocking and disgusting some seem to want bad things to happen to us to force us towards another cliff.

Currently I have no confidence that we have a sustainable business plan going forward and that anyone in a position of power has any idea how to improve the situation. Would love a hint of a plan from anyone about anything at that level, which would allow us to properly create scouting and youth development plans.

We have no FD, CEO or manager (presumably), growing debts that we can never pay back and a catalogue of poor PR and poor contract management.

Currently I have no confidence that we have a sustainable business plan going forward and that anyone in a position of power has any idea how to improve the situation. Would love a hint of a plan from anyone about anything at that level, which would allow us to properly create scouting and youth development plans.

We have no FD, CEO or manager (presumably), growing debts that we can never pay back and a catalogue of poor PR and poor contract management.

How can they do that before the SFA give them their blessing ?

There could be many reasons why they arent unveiling a plan.

You can choose the worst case scenario if you wish, but there is at least equal chance things will improve.

the truth?

i'm totally depressed about the whole situation. it's one thing after the other with us. after a while you just expect more shit cause really that's all that ever happens. and there's only so much you can take. i love rangers. since the day i was born i've been surrounded by rangers in one way or another. i grew up pretending to be a rangers player while kicking a ball up and down my street. i wanted to play for rangers. i was obsessed.

back in 2012 i was scared shitless of the thought of no more rangers. after we exited admin i felt excited! we'd be visiting all sorts of teams or stadiums we haven't played or haven't played in a long time. we'd work our way up and we'd rebuild and emerge as a stronger club. just look where we are now...it seems we've learned nothing! right now i honestly feel like i'm watching our club die. i don't know what's happening with it and if we'll ever get back on track. now... i just feel like if our club was to disappear then i wouldn't blink an eye. i feel absolutely shit for even admitting that and i know i'll get a lot of hate. but i'm telling you the truth. i'm just saying i wouldn't be surprised if we went back into admin and never got out this time. i guess i'm kind of expecting it to happen.

It's depressed the life out of me, and the way some of my fellow supporters have acted have probably ruined friendships forever.

Completely with you there goat there are lifelong friends and family members who I couldn't give a fuck wether I ever seen again.