This sums it all up

BridgeIsBlue

Sums everything up perfectly,absolute fucking joke of a situation we've put ourselves in.

Rangers stars only at Ibrox for big money, says Kevin Kyle

Most of Rangers' under-performing players are only at Ibrox for big-money salaries, according to former Light Blues striker Kevin Kyle.

The 33-year-old says some of his team-mates were earning over £400,000 per year while he was with the club in the bottom tier of the Scottish league.

"The majority of players who are there at Rangers are there for one reason and one reason only," said Kyle.

"And that's the money that was on offer to them."

Rangers' playing budget has been reduced in the two seasons since they played in the Scottish Third Division following financial problems.

But, although they are now second of the Championship, money problems persist and manager Ally McCoist has handed in his notice amid criticism of performances and results.

And Kyle thinks the de-motivating effect of high salaries he experienced persists at the Glasgow club.

"I look back and I regret going to Rangers as maybe it was the downfall of my career," he told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme.

"I spent six months with Rangers and, within a year of moving to Ayr, I decided to chuck it in as I just lost all interest in it.

"I'm sure there a few guys there who are fed up."

Kyle, who no longer plays professionally, believes that the quality of opponents outside the top flight would have dragged Rangers players down a level.

"My memory of Rangers is playing in front of 50,000 fans against the big teams, but this time around it is playing for Glasgow Rangers at Stirling Albion in front of a few hundred people," he said.

"That's not the dream that everybody thought it was and you lose that desire.

"For me, it was a great thing playing for Rangers, but what we were playing against every week never got me going. It didn't have that same vibe."

Kyle recalled the high spending at Ibrox during that season in Scotland's fourth tier.

"It's not the players' fault, because somebody stupid somewhere along the line offered them that money," he said.

"I go back to my situation where I went in there having been injured for 18 months and the wife said to me: 'what do you expect to get out of Rangers if they offer you a deal?'

"I said about £500-£600 per week, I would be quite happy with that as I had been out of the game and just wanted back in.

"I sat down with the manager and he asked what I was looking for and I just said a crazy figure and I almost got what I wanted.

"Looking back now, maybe he would want to do things differently. Over the course of a year, it was something about £100,000 with various bonuses."

Kyle said there were other players several times more.

"I know some of the figures some of the guys were getting and it was just stupid - it was laughable at times," he added.

"A few of the guys I used to play with, you're talking about £300,000 to £400,000 per year playing in the Third Division of Scottish football with money rising depending on appearances and bonuses."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/30524862

"I sat down with the manager and he asked what I was looking for and I just said a crazy figure and I almost got what I wanted.

"Looking back now, maybe he would want to do things differently. Over the course of a year, it was something about £100,000 with various bonuses."

For me this is the most damning statement against McCoist !!

For too long now we have had to listent to guys like Derek Johnstone and the likes defending Ally to the hilt, syaing things like "Ally has no controll over the finances or what the players are offered".

For me this is the most damning statement against McCoist !!

For too long now we have had to listent to guys like Derek Johnstone and the likes defending Ally to the hilt, syaing things like "Ally has no controll over the finances or what the players are offered".

and a guy on £750K a year is not going to blink an eye at a player wanting nearly £100K.

We appear to have paid players almost exactly what they wanted rather than have any kind of wage structure in place - thats the damning thing. Mccoist is part of a hugely flawed system.

The downfall of Kevin Kyle's career is signing for Rangers, is that the ultimate insult?

I thought Ally didn't pick the wages either?

Anyway, he's a bit of a hypocrite, he admits to not being motivated himself so the only difference between him and the other players are that they were on more money.

Fat ride.

thats the damning thing. Mccoist is part of a hugely flawed system.

I have been arguing with fellow bears and neutral outsiders about this for years now, most of them defending McCoist from the financial side of things ... "It's not Ally who makes the decision on wages, he simply tells the board which players he would like to sign and they will handle the rest". I wasnt buying any of it, from reading various books from current and ex managers, all speaking openly of the wage demands of certain players.

To simply say McCoist had little to no influence in these matters is utterly laughable.

Oh but we can't blame Ally, it's everyone else who has to take the blame.

750k reasons for taking the blame and has the motivational skills of a corpse.

Monies which should have been saved until this and next season

Absolute arse of a man, who I have no more respect for.

I have been arguing with fellow bears and neutral outsiders about this for years now, most of them defending McCoist from the financial side of things ... "It's not Ally who makes the decision on wages, he simply tells the board which players he would like to sign and they will handle the rest". I wasnt buying any of it, from reading various books from current and ex managers, all speaking openly of the wage demands of certain players.

To simply say McCoist had little to no influence in these matters is utterly laughable.

(tu)

Even if he didn't have any first hand influence on wages per say, picking out players like Law, Daly, Templeton, Boyd etc he'll know fine well they are going to command some sort of enhancing financial package that's going to attract them to leave the top divison to play for Rangers in the first, second or third divison.

It's quite bad timing for McCoist with these revelations that he was at least partly responsible for our exorbitant wage bill coming out now..

Why was he deciding the wage?

What expierence did he have to actually be doing that?

It's no wonder our wage bill is a coimplete embarrassment.

It's quite bad timing for McCoist with these revelations that he was at least partly responsible for our exorbitant wage bill coming out now..

is it really that much of a revelation? we all knew or suspected that something was rotten. That it is all coming to light and that McCoist had a hand in it all is no surprise at all.

Could have went and got someone like Rory Mcallister who would have busted a gut to play for us in the 3rd div and you could bet that whilst you maybe wouldn't always get a top quality performance you'd get 110% from a player grateful to be at the club. Couple that with guys like little who had been at the club in the top division and we would have been on right track. We fucked it signing duds like Sandaza and Kyle and we appear to have not learnt the lesson throwing money at guys like Miller.

Why was he deciding the wage?

What expierence did he have to actually be doing that?

It's no wonder our wage bill is a coimplete embarrassment.

cause he is the team manager. What else is he going to do?? Bear in mind he admitted he was in the dressing room once a fortnight on averge, so he was not motivating the team, he wasnt controlling his playing budget. What the hell WAS he doing?

As I have said pre I Ousby boy behind me at ibrox knows clerk's agent. They went in to look for around a grand a week. A contract was put in front of him for 4

5 per week and he signed it.

As for black et Al. McCoist knew what he was getting at hearts and still paid him more. He on 9 a week now???

That sums it up.