If / when we get a new manager, what team do you hope for...

graeme_4

I'd like to see us got back to the more 'continental' style with a 4-2-3-1. Something like...

Bell

McAusland McGregor Zaliuskas Wallace

Law Hutton

McKay McLeod Templeton

Clarke

Bit of pace, keep the ball on the deck and actually attempt to play football.

I'd like to see Gallagher, Faure and Aird in and around the first team too, supplemented with some experience like Miller.

For me Black, Daly, Boyd, McCulloch, Foster, Moshni should be no where near our side. Total clear out of old, overpaid duds required by any new man coming in.

Edit: also players in their actual position! Take note Ally.

--------------------------bell---------------------------

Faure---McGregor-zaliuskas --Wallace

----------------------------black----------------------

Law-------------------mcleod------------Templeton

-----------------Clark------------Boyd----------------------

In an ideal world I'd have a replacement for black and faure . I haven't seen enough of our youngsters to put them in our starting 11. Although I do like the look of Gallagher and his loan spell seems to be going well so he could come back and push for a start .

I think law looks a lot better when he drifts out wide .

Maybe I'm living on past glories by picking Boyd but im still hoping he'll come good

I'd like to see us got back to the more 'continental' style with a 4-2-3-1. Something like...

Bell

Law Hutton

McKay McLeod Templeton

Clarke

I'd like to see Gallagher, Faure and Aird in and around the first team too, supplemented with some experience like Miller.

For me Black, Daly, Boyd, McCulloch, Foster, Moshni should be no where near our side. Total clear out of old, overpaid duds required by any new man coming in.

Not averse to that team. But right back will remain a problem, primarily because I'm not that familiar with McAusland. And in central defence I'd go out on a limb and bin Zaliukas in favour of Mohsni. I really believe that with the right arm around his shoulder and getting him focussed, he could yet be a good player for us.

Bell

Law Hutton

McKay McLeod Templeton

Clarke

Edit: also players actual names.Take note Ally.

Football players give far less than 100% when a manager doesn't even know their names.

Bell

Law Hutton

McKay McLeod Templeton

Clarke

McAusland is so good at RB he can't get a game there for Brechin. We've seen for the last couple years Law can't play in a defensive midfield role and both wingers are far too inconsistent.

Bell

Law Hutton

McKay McLeod Templeton

Clarke

I think the team would perform a lot better in this 4-2-3-1 formation but I'd have Law where McKay is in your team. A few times recently he's been in those kinds of positions and taken full backs on. I'd probably also be happy to see Peralta back in as a defensive midfielder because I don't think we've actually seen him there since he signed.

McAusland is so good at RB he can't get a game there for Brechin. We've seen for the last couple years Law can't play in a defensive midfield role and both wingers are far too inconsistent.

Only going from what I've seen of the boy. Puts Foster to shame.

Hutton would really be holding, Law with a bit more freedom.

For me a thread like this just about sums up the size of the task any new manager would have a team full of mediocre players who just don't have the mentality or ability to be play for Rangers. The only thing that's going to make Rangers successful again is money and lots of it the out of work gaffers we are looking are not going to make many of these players better no matter how much extra training he does with them every day.

Systems don't matter, good players do..... We need a clear out, hopefully with Mike Ashley's money and am sure there is a very good scouting system at Newcastle we can use to our advantage, we can attract sone young gems that we can develop and profit from in the future

Like quite a few people have pointed out, what we have is simply not good enough. We need a clear out. Too many players who are past it, inconsistent or just plain shite despite being on ridiculously high wages. The new manager will have his work cut out.

This, would easier to name what current players would retain their place. Struggle to think more than 2/3 in current team