Ally, expects to be here for full 12 months!

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers: Ally McCoist expects to see out 12-month notice period

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has revealed he plans to see out the full 12 months of his notice period.

The Ibrox club announced on Monday that McCoist had decided to quit after three-and-a-half years in charge.

The manager refused to reveal the reasons behind his decision to resign from the Championship outfit.

But when asked if he planned to see out the full 12-month notice period set down in his one-year rolling contract, he said: "Yes. Absolutely."

The 52-year-old added: "I don't know if it's realistic or not, but I expect it to happen because it is in the boundaries of the contract, which I look to honour."

McCoist had held talks with the Rangers board during the week, where it was thought a deal could be agreed that would see the manager exit before the end of his notice, but no resolution was agreed.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist

"Have I been considering this for long? Not really. It was a very difficult decision but once I had made it, there was no turning back."

He resigned before last week's 2-0 defeat at Queen of the South and when asked ahead of his side's meeting with Livingston why he had decided to hand in his notice, McCoist said: "I would keep that private.

"I wouldn't comment at all about why I have made that decision but now that I have, I can assure the Rangers supporters - who are the most important people - that I am 100% focused on continuing the job.

"The most important thing is to say that it is business as usual. That is exactly how it has been.

"Our last game was not good enough so we are concentrating all our efforts on tomorrow against Livingston.

"Have I been considering this for long? Not really. It was a very difficult decision but once I had made it, there was no turning back.

"And I can assure everybody I am 100% committed and focused (on the job) for the remainder of my contract.

"The Rangers fans would expect nothing less than that."

I think it's more that he's playing hardball and saying he'll stick to the contract.

So is he wanting full whack?

I'd hope not.

Calm down guys.

It's just a negotiating standpoint.

He's making sure they can't get him on breach, by saying he lacks the commitment to fulfil his duties.

I'm pretty certain negotiations will be ongoing.

I agree with that to a point, but my honest take on it is that he's basicalky saying it'll take his full years salary to shift him.

How is this even possible or realistic. Why would players potentially signing respect a guy who is leaving half way through a season?

Clearly this will not happen but what if we win both cups this season win every game and start next season off unbeaten? Is McCoist just going to leave in the December when he's doing well!

It's completely unrealistic. Needs to leave now for the sake of everyone involved in Rangers.

How is this even possible or realistic. Why would players potentially signing respect a guy who is leaving half way through a season?

Clearly this will not happen but what if we win both cups this season win every game and start next season off unbeaten? Is McCoist just going to leave in the December when he's doing well!

It's completely unrealistic. Needs to leave now for the sake of everyone involved in Rangers.

You clearly haven't watched us under McCoist with your what if comments.

He won't be here for 12 months.

It's down to Llambias/Ashley to sort this out.

Meantime, this is only going to hurt results and income.

I read Ally's net worth was £5M ten years ago before he settled his divorce. All these nice little earners in inflated salaries, shares and pay offs will no doubt lift him above that now.

I fully appreciate that this unseemly charade has now become a game of brinkmanship, but if McCoist had any integrity left at all he would conclude a deal and go immediately. To remain any longer - even as a negotiating ploy - will only further damage the club. The whole situation has become farical - but then, it is pantomime season!