Anyone in the dressing room you would like to see get a go?

Zarate

If, say, we popped Ally on gardening leave - who within the current set up would you like to see have a punt? I think you have to rule out Durrant, McDowall etc. - but put it to the vote right now Ally v Durrant and i'd be voting for Durrant - so basically i'm asking you guys if there are any players you'd like to see take a punt?

Has anyone shown that kind of ambition?

Even just the spurt you sometimes get out of a new manager might generate momentum and get us into the playoff.

Any thoughts?

Nope, no-one at all.

Open it up to applicants, pick the best one we can afford, put the dud on gardening leave

Wouldn't it be lovely to give someone the job that we don't have to pay though? Just for a little while? It gives me ball ache all these people (not you) wanting to spend money when we've none. Ally wants to do a year. OK. I don't think it'll happen, but I also don't think he can run the club - just for me, I also don't think we should be paying another wage.

In the meantime there must be someone associated with the club that can step in for a wee while?

Wouldn't it be lovely to give someone the job that we don't have to pay though? Just for a little while? It gives me ball ache all these people (not you) wanting to spend money when we've none. Ally wants to do a year. OK. I don't think it'll happen, but I also don't think he can run the club - just for me, I also don't think we should be paying another wage.

In the meantime there must be someone associated with the club that can step in for a wee while?

Anyone who does take it up though, won't do so for free, so would need to be paid anyway.

Say Jig took the reins for a while, we're not going to stop paying him, are we?

The best, and quickest way around this is to get looking for a replacement ASAP and punt McCoist when we find one

Anyone who does take it up though, won't do so for free, so would need to be paid anyway.

Say Jig took the reins for a while, we're not going to stop paying him, are we?

The best, and quickest way around this is to get looking for a replacement ASAP and punt McCoist when we find one

Aye, but we're already paying them. So you give it to McCulloch, say, he's having a go cos we need him to, cos he wants it. He takes home his wages, but he's now got many additional responsibilities. And McCoist doesn't come to the ground any more and the wage bill stays the same.

Is what i'm getting at.

EDIT: Free. Is there anyone in the world that would do it for free you think? I mean I would - you would. Is there anyone who can actually do it that would? Who fancies being a hero? Understand i'm just chucking about ideas here, frustrated and all that.

Aye, but we're already paying them. So you give it to McCulloch, say, he's having a go cos we need him to, cos he wants it. He takes home his wages, but he's now got many additional responsibilities. And McCoist doesn't come to the ground any more and the wage bill stays the same.

Is what i'm getting at.

I see your point, but the added responsibilities will bound to see us forking out more cash, it's just what we do.

Still can't think of anyone I'd want to take over though...

I see your point, but the added responsibilities will bound to see us forking out more cash, it's just what we do.

Still can't think of anyone I'd want to take over though...

Well let's say Kenny, couple of boys saying Kenny so say that happened. Surely if you said look Kenny, we're fucked. No money in January for signings, you know that. And you're already getting a good wage for playing what we want you to do is - run the club for twelve months. We can't really fanny about in that time tbh. Run the club, a hiding to nothing, no harm no foul you can only do your best in a horrible situation. We'll all back you to the hilt.

Then, if it goes good, when Ally's contract is up in twelve we could have a chat, yeah?

Surely not many could say no to that? Unless they really weren't up for it? Surely nobody could ask for more money if you said that to them? When they're already on good money?

Then that's ally fucked off, and we'll see we shall see then.

Well let's say Kenny, couple of boys saying Kenny so say that happened. Surely if you said look Kenny, we're fucked. No money in January for signings, you know that. And you're already getting a good wage for playing what we want you to do is - run the club for twelve months. We can't really fanny about in that time tbh. Run the club, a hiding to nothing, no harm no foul you can only do your best in a horrible situation. We'll all back you to the hilt.

Then, if it goes good, when Ally's contract is up in twelve we could have a chat, yeah?

Surely not many could say no to that? Unless they really weren't up for it? Surely nobody could ask for more money if you said that to them? When they're already on good money?

Then that's ally fucked off, and we'll see we shall see then.

In an ideal world, Kenny would say yes and we'd have a Garry Monk at Swansea situation, but (call me jaded if you will) I just have no confidence in it.

I'm also unsure of whose loyalties lie where, and just how those conversations would go.

It's not the worst idea I've read on the forum mate, but there's a lot of 'what ifs' about it, and I just don't see it happening

Why not Gordon Durie? He is already on the books as a coach

This is the kind of thing. Make it so Ally isn't running the club - without hiring anyone else.

There are guys. It's just like TB says, what's the gist with loyalty etc.

But the first loyalty should be to the club.