Abuse and Accusations

bluepeter

Ok, so once again we find ourselves bogged down in petty insults and personal abuse. We try to give leeway and not be too heavy-handed, but sadly it seems you can't behave yourselves without someone breathing down your necks, so here we are.

We are now going to adopt a zero tolerance approach to personal abuse and the terms that go with it. This will include, but not be limited to, terms like scum, taig, taig-like, retard, rhebel (or any other word with an 'h' added in for effect), arsehole, wanker, moron,...

For clarity, this will apply to all personal abuse between posters, and also extend to all current and potential board members and staff. We can all discuss their shortcomings without resorting to these insults.

Anyone dishing out abuse will have their post removed and be issued a warning. Posters who cannot heed warnings will be issued with temporary posting suspensions, anyone who still can't accept this and wants to make themselves a martyr to the cause will have their wish granted.

It's ridiculous that it has come to this, but we will be enforcing this rule and we need your help to do it. If you see any abuse, each post has a 'Report' button on it. Please use this to keep us informed, and we will deal with the abuse appropriately.

• 6 months later...

It was brought to my attention last night that some posters have been using nicknames from celtc fans, among other unacceptable names, for our manager. Fat Sally, fat tramp, McSCIAF, and other highly offensive terms. I don't care what you think of our manager, these terms are simply unacceptable. I'm not asking everyone to call him Super Ally, but just have some respect. Frankly, anyone using a name for our manager that comes from celtc fans wants to take a long, hard look at themselves.

You are, as ever, free to have whatever opinions you want of our manager - debate his managerial abilities, his dress sense, whatever you want - but do not resort to these pathetic names for him.

I've sent a few PMs out this morning to repeat offenders and I will be monitoring this. Anyone who continues to use these terms will find themselves unable to use this site.

There has been a steady increase in accusations of posters being fans of other clubs, often with absolutely no grounds other than people not liking what that poster has to say. It stifles debate and puts people off posting their opinions when any unusual or slightly controversial viewpoint is met with these allegations.

Please refrain from these accusations, we will be enforcing this rule. Repeat offenders will be dealt with by warnings, escalating to temporary suspensions and beyond if necessary.

If you genuinely think a poster shouldn't be here, we have a 'report' function, or you can PM a Mod/Admin with your concerns.