S/t Waiting List - Important Information

govanblue

You can choose any seat you want mate provided it's not taken already.

(tu)

Thanks. I thought so but I wasn't sure if certain seats were reserved for ticket sales only!

It's my first ST this year! I'm buzzing I really can't wait for the general sale!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have read I don't think signing up for the new sales waiting list online gives you any advantage over any other person come the day of general sales does it? It just says they will email you when the day of general sale will happen. I took it as more a way of gauging the interest in season tickets rather than it benefitting someone over another be it a bear standing in a que at the ticket office, on the phone or online. Unless someone knows different?

From what i have read I don't think signing up for the new sales waiting list online gives you any advantage over any other person come the day of general sales does it? It just says they will email you when the day of general sale will happen. I took it as more a way of gauging the interest in season tickets rather than it benefitting someone over another be it a bear standing in a que at the ticket office, on the phone or online. Unless someone knows different?

Hmmm. Maybe. But if that were the case, it would seem to be a pretty pointless (and slightly disingenuous) waste of time and effort for an already overworked Ticket Office.

I'm sure there must be some benefit - for example, maybe the email will have a link allowing you access to buy a day before the general release?

I'll try to find out. (tu)

Hmmm. Maybe. But if that were the case, it would seem to be a pretty pointless (and slightly disingenuous) waste of time and effort for an already overworked Ticket Office.

I'm sure there must be some benefit - for example, maybe the email will have a link allowing you access to buy a day before the general release?

Cool, would really appreciate that mate, thanks. I've done it anyway for 4 season tickets just in case and it would be great if it did offer early access. I'm just desperate to get the ST's so would be good to know if the best plan of action is to que at ticket office, phone or book online. Had tried numerous times to get through by phone myself to officially clarify it but had no joy the last few days.

I'm getting my ticket in BR. When go back up next year and we play the scum will I be given a seat elsewhere or would I have to pay for a seat somewhere else in the stadium? I am just thinking in advance because I might just be as well to get my ticket for CR!

I'm getting my ticket in BR. When go back up next year and we play the scum will I be given a seat elsewhere or would I have to pay for a seat somewhere else in the stadium? I am just thinking in advance because I might just be as well to get my ticket for CR!

I'm not sure, but I thought the BR tickets excluded OF matches. That would mean you'd be left to your own devices to scramble for tickets. I think it's only the singing section bit in the BF that gets tickets elsewhere for OF games. Hopefully someone in the BR can confirm or deny that.

Last time a BR ST got 1 out of the 2 home games v Them somewhere else in the stadium. That way RFC could accommodate all BR ST for both games. If you got the 1st game , you missed the 2nd game and vice-versa. You still needed to pay that one game extra if I recollect.

Done. GF or GR for me :)

Me to :) anyone manage to find out if registering interest will make a difference to getting a season ticket? Still undecided what to do come the public sale. Although I got one for the Motherwell game, bit worried that the website struggled with the influx of visitors and considering just queing (I don't fancy a 5am start though). What's everyone else's plan? :)

I've spoken to the Ticket Office about the waiting list, and it's not good news. :(

Because of technical limitations, and more importantly, time limitations, you will not get any real advantage by being on the waiting list. :(

So you're just going to have to queue up on General Sale Day like every one else.

Also, very important: The advice from the TO is to buy your S/T through the WEBSITE and NOT through the 0871 call-centre.

The call-centre staff & technology can't cope with the flood of simultaneous callers, and you will find yourself having to listen to the whole menu then the "I'm sorry, all our lines are busy" message, before being disconnected, and charged about £2 for the call.

Last time, many members didn't realise the cost, and pressed redial "dozens of times", costing them as much as £50 !! :( - Don't make that mistake!!

Use the Online Web Sales site instead. You'll still face long queues and may even get disconnected, but at least all the waiting time won't be costing you stupid money!

(Plus you'll be able to see detailed seating plans, to help you pick the best seat for you)

post-55390-0-35571100-1435935847_thumb.j

- Or alternatively, just queue up in person at the Portacabin.

Top Tip:

Make Sure you're set up and properly registered on the online website in advance of Sale Day - and that your password works,

https://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Profile/Registration.aspx

and make sure you know how to find the season ticket sales page.

http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productSeason.aspx

Thanks for the info govanblue.

I naively thought I'd get an email from the club and just log on to buy a seat ahead of a full public sale! Still excited though :D

I did too.

I think in the ideal world, that's what they'd like too.

But as you know, these are exceptional times.

Is it not the case that the club has to pay the TO for every call they take?

I know that's how most call centres work, hence why you sometimes get a discount for booking online.

Is it not the case that the club has to pay the TO for every call they take?

I know that's how most call centres work, hence why you sometimes get a discount for booking online.

I dunno about that mate. I don't really know much about call centres.

But callers do get charged a fortune, and I'm guessing the club don't make much out of the call charges - it will probably mostly go to the Call Centre, and the phone companies.

Thanks for the info GB, really appreciate it.

I've spoken to the Ticket Office about the waiting list, and it's not good news. :(

Because of technical limitations, and more importantly, time limitations, you will not get any real advantage by being on the waiting list. :(

So you're just going to have to queue up on General Sale Day like every one else.

Also, very important: The advice from the TO is to buy your S/T through the WEBSITE and NOT through the 0871 call-centre.

The call-centre staff & technology can't cope with the flood of simultaneous callers, and you will find yourself having to listen to the whole menu then the "I'm sorry, all our lines are busy" message, before being disconnected, and charged about £2 for the call.

Last time, many members didn't realise the cost, and pressed redial "dozens of times", costing them as much as £50 !! :( - Don't make that mistake!!

Use the Online Web Sales site instead. You'll still face long queues and may even get disconnected, but at least all the waiting time won't be costing you stupid money!

(Plus you'll be able to see detailed seating plans, to help you pick the best seat for you)

attachicon.gifErskine_v_Hibs_SW2.jpg

- Or alternatively, just queue up in person at the Portacabin.

Top Tip:

Make Sure you're set up and properly registered on the online website in advance of Sale Day - and that your password works,

https://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Profile/Registration.aspx

and make sure you know how to find the season ticket sales page.

http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productSeason.aspx

Cheers mate much appreciated. Was afraid this may be the case. Think I'll end up queing while trying to order online at the same time. Website can be a bit shoddy at times, sometimes not letting me sign in or struggling to cope with demand when mass tickets are being bought. I've added 2 of my mates to the friends/family part of my account to do a quick transaction, but one of my other mates can't get into his account, even going down the forgot password route. Tried even registering with another email address but says details are already on system. He'll need to phone up and get them to reset it or something. May need to take a cargo and a chair the night before :D

I dunno about that mate. I don't really know much about call centres.

But callers do get charged a fortune, and I'm guessing the club don't make much out of the call charges - it will probably mostly go to the Call Centre, and the phone companies.

See my comment above this.

Thanks for the info GB, really appreciate it.

Cheers mate much appreciated. Was afraid this may be the case. Think I'll end up queing while trying to order online at the same time. Website can be a bit shoddy at times, sometimes not letting me sign in or struggling to cope with demand when mass tickets are being bought. I've added 2 of my mates to the friends/family part of my account to do a quick transaction, but one of my other mates can't get into his account, even going down the forgot password route. Tried even registering with another email address but says details are already on system. He'll need to phone up and get them to reset it or something. May need to take a cargo and a chair the night before :D

The website can be glitchy - particularly around registration/password issues, which is why everyone should take steps to get themselves sorted now.

I've happily used the website, with great success over the last few years, and bear in mind, with the Fund activities, I'm always buying significantly more than average.

Not aiming this at you, but most people who complain about the site should recognise that a: it is no worse than most other medium-sized enterprises we do business with online. But with most other businesses, you only use their site once or twice, and have no emotional involvement with the company, so you don't notice, or really care if it's got glitches or not.

and b: Most of the problems I see people having (or read about on here) can often be traced back to their own mistakes or inexperience with complex web dealings. :P

Is it worth adding the 0141 number to this thread?

Just in case there are some who prefer phoning.

I don't know which 0141 number you mean.

The 0871 Call Centre is in Manchester. It's their job to take the telephone sales calls, whether we like it or not.

All the Club Staff in the Ibrox Portacabin will be Full-time on the sales counter dealing with the queues, and will NOT be answering any calls that come through direct on their priivate desklines. They'll just go to that person's voicemail.

If you do have to use the 0871 number - Maybe try to find a phone that gets free 0871 calls, or a phone that you don't pay the bill for ;)

There's a website called say no to 0870 and it gives alternative numbers! I've not got time to look just now but I will later and post any alternative numbers of there are any!

There's a website called say no to 0870 and it gives alternative numbers! I've not got time to look just now but I will later and post any alternative numbers of there are any!

Please don't !!!

They're not the right numbers. (td)