Safe Standing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be higher.

Dortmund have 70 odd thousand during league games, it drops to 50odd thousand when the need to use the seats - Champions league games fir example.

(tu) just checked, 1.8 people can stand for every person seated.

All for it. A few times last season instantly as soon as the whistle went I got told to sit down by 2 grown men with no obvious standing difficulties. I get it if its a kid or an elderly person behind me but I think safe standing is a must for atmosphere more than anything.

All for it. A few times last season instantly as soon as the whistle went I got told to sit down by 2 grown men with no obvious standing difficulties. I get it if its a kid or an elderly person behind me but I think safe standing is a must for atmosphere more than anything.

If they need to stand up to see past you, the person behind them needs to stand, and the person behind them... So obviously it's going to get to the point where someone elderly/small can't see.

Agree it would make sense to bring in a standing area, it'll come down to cost though and for that reason I don't see it happening any time soon. Will be way down our list of priorities

Remember the rearranged game against hertz a few seasons back?

I was in BF1, there was plenty of empty seats and a guy 3 or 4 rows behind me was moaning coz I was standing. He only had to move along a couple of seats, I think his whole row was empty.

See where your coming from. I'm an oldie who can remember 80,000 plus crowds at the stadium.

Positives were the fuckin noise we created, the togetherness and no stewards or police could get to you to tell you to behave or stop singing a certain song! Carry outs were the norm and the wine, whisky and beer flowed.

Negatives were the punters pissing on you and random punch ups between fellow Bears. Also, leaving the stadium was a nightmare. As a wee boy i always exited down stairway 13 with my Da. You always got your arms above your head and many times my feet never touched the ground from top to bottom. Seen guys with jackets ripped off and bollocks crushed on the railings. The disaster put paid to that and seating was deemed the way forward.

However, I agree the enclosure at Ibrox is made for standing and would be appropriate with adequate controls.

I think it will come and can't see any problems with it. But the 80,000 crowds are gone I'm afraid.