Funniest Thing You've Seen A Player Getting Away With?

Dazzler

What's the funniest or strangest thing you have seen a player getting away with?

One off my first European nights was against Sparta prague. Mikhailichenko got put on his backside down by the bye line at the broomloan rd end by the left back. No foul was given and play headed towards the Copland rd. Mikhailichenko jogged up level with the left back, punched him, and kept on jogging. Allot of folk missed it as they were following play. I thought it was hillarious.

Another was against St Mirren when Chic Charnley ran between Nigel Spackman and the ref. Spackman stuck his leg out and tripped Charnley up who ended face first on the turf. At this point the ref turned round to see Charnley rolling on his back complaining and moaning. Pretty sure the whole main stand saw that one, apart from the stand side linesman.

Any others?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't really "getting away with it", but I remember a game at Tynecastle in 2009 or 2010 and while the ball was up the other end, our end started singing "Shagger, geez the sash. Shagger, shagger, geez the sash" to McGregor.

Without turning round, he put his hands behind his back and crossed them, as if to say "sorry, my hands are tied". :lol:

That was, of course, before he turned his back on us and refused us a critically required transfer fee in favour of enhancing his signing-on fee elsewhere, rendering him a fucking scumbag.

Loved Goram hitting the ball off DiCanio when he wasn't looking, twice !!

Or Gazza playing one twos of opposing players for quick free kicks. Also pretty sure he deliberately smacked a guy square in the nuts with the ball once. If anybody could Gazza could. ?

It's not quite getting away with as he didn't do anything wrong but Albertz winning a penalty and knocking Lambert's teeth out simultaneously is fucking hilarious!

Lambert got away with what should have been a red card. Teeth knocked out or not.