Funniest Thing You've Seen A Player Getting Away With?

Dazzler

When the scum had the two polish players one was the goalscorer the other was a midfielder cant really remember his name, well the midfielder was moaning to the ref, as he was doing it "Ally." was pulling his underarm hair the clown was trying to explain what was happening but the ref couldn't get what he was saying.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the scum had the two polish players one was the goalscorer the other was a midfielder cant really remember his name, well the midfielder was moaning to the ref, as he was doing it "Ally." was pulling his underarm hair the clown was trying to explain what was happening but the ref couldn't get what he was saying.

That would have been Dariusz Wdowczyk who was a left back and Dariusz Dziekanowski who was a striker. They both got transferred from Legia Warsaw at the same time in 1989.

That would have been Dariusz Wdowczyk who was a left back and Dariusz Dziekanowski who was a striker. They both got transferred from Legia Warsaw at the same time in 1989.

Funny how you remember these thing like they happened just a few years ago and you are shocked when you see how long it actually was.

It's not quite getting away with as he didn't do anything wrong but Albertz winning a penalty and knocking Lambert's teeth out simultaneously is fucking hilarious!

That is one of my greatest memories as a Rangers fan.

Dived over Lambert and smashed his teeth out, and won a penalty for it :lol:

Good times.

Funny how you remember these thing like they happened just a few years ago and you are shocked when you see how long it actually was.

That's certainly true,mate! It's like it was only a few years ago and then when you see the facts in front of you, the realisation hits that it was a quarter of a century ago. :pipe: A bit off topic but I actually met Dariusz Dziekanowski (Jacky Jackanovski) when I was in the Polish National stadium in 2013.I was sitting in the restaurant bar with my Polish mate and this guy was sitting at the table across from us looking at me and his face looked familiar but I couldn't place him.

I also couldn't figure out why he kept looking across at us, so I asked my mate who's a mad Legia fan who this guy was. When he told me it was the famous Legia player Dariusz Dziekanowski who was now a TV football commentator, it hit me why he was looking at me...I was wearing my Rangers polo top :lol:

My mate introduced me to him and he was a real nice guy and he invited me to come and watch the Polish national team train for their WCQ against Montenegro later in the week, but I had booked to go to Krakow so I thanked him all the same, gave him a few bars of Follow Follow and went on my merry way. :21:

Have a vague memory of Gazza getting away with murder in a match when John Rowbotham was the ref. I think it may have been against Aberdeen at Ibrox but not 100% on that.

I think that game was a semi at Hampden. Gazza head butted a sheep player in the chest and all sorts as you say, but he didn't get any with it entirely. Rowbotham was slated for allowing that and in his next game in charge of Ranger, against septic incidentally, he sent Gazza off for a trailing hand hitting a septic cunt who hit the ground in agony.

The biggest get off I can remember was that shite McNamara getting away with punching Mark Hately on the jaw during a game at septic pigsty. Right in the middle of the centre circle and I could even see it clearly from the Rangers end.

No compliance officers or video evidence in them days apparently.

Gregory Stevens in front of the old jungle at the piggery, they were singing at him, "Gregory Stevens, you're a wanker" he looked in to the jungle, pointed at himself and shook his head, then he pointed at a scum player, possibly Aitken, and nodded vigorously, it was hilarious and they were going mental.

Colin Jackson making a tackle in the days when anything was allowed in a tackle as long as you made contact with the ball.

I was in the old enclosure and a punt from the Aberdeen defence was coming in to Joe Harper of Aberdeen at head height just inside our half in front of Jackson and as Harper jumped with legs slightly apart Jackson swung his right boot right underneath between Harper's legs, his right foot made contact with Harper's balls and pushed him upward another foot, causing him to miss the ball which landed on Jackson's toe, and ref played on. Harper was furious, but Jackson just winked at the enclosure as Harper lay rolling around hurting. Evening Times got the picture of big Colin booting Harper up in the air, and I can still picture it now. :)

Was n't really getting away with anything but Hugh Sproat the Ayr goalie was famous for winding up and playing up to fans of both the Old Firm.

Blue jersey against cellic, green jersey against us and can remember him conducting us singing to "We are the Champions" when we won the league at Ayr in the seventies, and as the 5th goal went in for a 5-0 defeat, pointed at an imaginary watch on his wrist to us fans and made a gesture it was time to be finishing by pretending to drink a pint. A real character, sadly non-existant in sport these days.

Worst example of a player not getting away with something he should have is of course Gascoigne picking up the yellow card the ref dropped and yellow carding the ref, subsequently getting a booking, classic Gascoigne.

Albertz dived.

Nope, think you'll find that lambert slid in missed the ball and impeded albertz run, the fact albertz went down in immaterial his run was impeded therefore a penalty. Think a red for the turncoat would have been harsh mind.