£100 To Be A Mascot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll buy your kid a strip if things are that bad for you mate. I'll even get him a happy meal and a Mcflurry, just to show him what a real dad should look like (tu)

I will chip in so he can go large at Mcdonalds. Won't Frank the wank be on parade that day ?

sounds like the scottish cup day was some sort of competition prize that your son won, i would guess thats why eveything was free and whatever.

this 100 quid number is fair enough if its going to the players bevvy kitty, i read each player will have a wee mascot infront of them as they walk out so they can bump the kitty up to 2200 quid....

at the end of the day if you think its a rip off dont pay it.

Aye, but that is for a chance for your kid to walk on to the pitch of the club they support on match day with their heroes.

This is a game with only 4 confirmed ex players at an amateur stadium with players they don't even know who they are.

Aye, but that is for a chance for your kid to walk on to the pitch of the club they support on match day with their heroes.

This is a game with only 4 confirmed ex players at an amateur stadium with players they don't even know who they are.

you asked about the cost of being a mascot, i showed you something that gave you an idea

i cant find anything online about costs of being a mascot for a charity game at an amateur ground with only 4 confirmed ex players.

in my opinion 100 quid is a rip off and ad rather spend 100 quid taking ma kid out somewhere decent for the day instead.

you dont have to pay it (tu)

That is pretty shocking. I naively assumed these things were mostly free.

I wonder how much we'll be charging the parents this season. Hopefully it's a deal we can be proud of compared to those ones. (tu)

BTW - Just to let everyone know - RangerMedia have some Free Mascot Places Available for any Rangers Ladies Game this season. PM me for details

LadiesPOTY2_zps3969ef85.jpg

you asked about the cost of being a mascot, i showed you something that gave you an idea

i cant find anything online about costs of being a mascot for a charity game at an amateur ground with only 4 confirmed ex players.

in my opinion 100 quid is a rip off and ad rather spend 100 quid taking ma kid out somewhere decent for the day instead.

you dont have to pay it (tu)

It's not even a charity game.

I'm trying to tell my bird that it's just a bunch of skint ex players trying to make a few quid by ripping off people who think that they're actually going to see an old firm legends game.

I wouldn't class 4 ex players as a legends game.

I'm trying to tell my bird that it's just a bunch of skint ex players trying to make a few quid by ripping off people who think that they're actually going to see an old firm legends game.

why you even bothered then?

if she wants to waste 100 quid on it let her or if shes making you pay then grow a set of balls and tell her its not happening cause its a shitey game in a shitey ground and you refuse to spunk money on it.

why you even bothered then?

if she wants to waste 100 quid on it let her or if shes making you pay then grow a set of balls and tell her its not happening cause its a shitey game in a shitey ground and you refuse to spunk money on it.

I just wanted other people who have done something like this with their kids, and whether it is a reasonable price or not to tell me if this is what they paid.

If it is a standard rough price, then am cool with it. But I think the price is too much for something like this. I could take my whole family on the founders trail and get a tour of Ibrox for less than what this is going to cost for one child.

That is pretty shocking. I naively assumed these things were mostly free.

I wonder how much we'll be charging the parents this season. Hopefully it's a deal we can be proud of compared to those ones. (tu)

BTW - Just to let everyone know - RangerMedia have some Free Mascot Places Available for any Rangers Ladies Game this season. PM me for details

LadiesPOTY2_zps3969ef85.jpg

Do you get to watch the ladies get changed in the changing room before kick off?

Just so you can see what the whole match day is like for the players and that :wink:

I just wanted other people who have done something like this with their kids, and whether it is a reasonable price or not to tell me if this is what they paid.

If it is a standard rough price, then am cool with it. But I think the price is too much for something like this. I could take my whole family on the founders trail and get a tour of Ibrox for less than what this is going to cost for one child.

Jesus Christ mate. If you think it's a decent price then pay it, If you don't then don't. Why do you need other people to tell you if it's a decent price or not, can't you decide for yourself? For some people 100 quid is a lot of money and for others it isn't, so it's all relative.

When your kid asks you to buy them a cone at the park, before buying it do you take a quick consensus round the park to see if anyone thinks that adding a flake for 60p is a rip off?

I thought you had to be in the teddy bears club to be an official mascot your name had to come out in the draw. Take it this games isn't being organised by rangers or Celtic and is just being organised by ex players to make a few bob.It will be hard to get a standard price from someone mate as I don't think there is any continuity with shit like this and who organises it

I thought you had to be in the teddy bears club to be an official mascot your name had to come out in the draw.

That's what I thought too. That's why I was surprised to see those prices in the newspaper articles.

Maybe some are raffled out to the Teddy Bears Club, or to competition winners etc, and maybe some of the more prestigious games are available to buy, which would be a good compromise. I dunno.

That's what I thought too. That's why I was surprised to see those prices in the newspaper articles.

Maybe some are raffled out to the Teddy Bears Club, or to competition winners etc, and maybe some of the more prestigious games are available to buy, which would be a good compromise. I dunno.

The first one doesn't mention us as a club that charges for mascots

It basically comes down to whether you are getting your 'nat king'....

You do need to be in the teddy bears club to be a mascot for Rangers. They draw names out in a raffle. As for the more prestigious games, my oldest got his name pulled out for the Scottish Cup Final, so I don't think we charge for any games.

It used to be that way anyway, but that was before all the boardroom shite started. Dunno if it's changed now.