Durie & Jim Henry Leave Rangers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst agreeing that our fitness levels have been sub-standard in recent years the individual players should be held partly responsible for their conditioning and not just Jim Henry. They should have showed the professionalism and dedication required from top class athletes.I know of one former player, who hired at his own expense a personal trainer during the off season to ensure his fitness levels were maintained.

Also the manager should have backed Henry if players were not complying with him by bollocking tbe players. Or if Henrys techniques allowed players to get fat he should have had his baws booted. Just been a total clusterfuck.

Gordon Durie absolutely deserves his status as a Rangers legend. No arguments.

I have an argument. As much as he did well for Rangers are you seriously classing him along side Greig, Cooper, Laudrup, Gascoigne etc?

In my opinion he is no where near a legend!

If one hat trick classes you as a legend we better add some others in there too! With Laudrup playing the way he did that day it would have been harder not to score a hat trick!

Got a link to that at all?

Noticed the BBC Gossip page mentioned it but couldn't find anything on the website of the newspaper they had credited the story to.

Scott Burns did the article. Thought it would be on the express website but I had a look on line and can't find it anywhere.

I read it in The Star in the tea room at work this morning.

Really, a legend? I must have missed that part of his Rangers career!

Tut, tut. Do try to stay more alert in future.

I sense more legends in the making under Mr Warburton, wouldn't want you to miss them too!

energydrinks.jpg

I have an argument. As much as he did well for Rangers are you seriously classing him along side Greig, Cooper, Laudrup, Gascoigne etc?

If one hat trick classes you as a legend we better add some others in there too! With Laudrup playing the way he did that day it would have been harder not to score a hat trick!

6 championships, several cups, 9 in a row hero. 44 goals in 125 games. Yes, a legend indeed. You don't have to be equal to Greig to be a legend.

Whilst agreeing that our fitness levels have been sub-standard in recent years the individual players should be held partly responsible for their conditioning and not just Jim Henry. They should have showed the professionalism and dedication required from top class athletes.I know of one former player, who hired at his own expense a personal trainer during the off season to ensure his fitness levels were maintained.

Fully agree. But they should have been taken to task and this addressed by the 2 key personnel in the manager and fitness coach.

Players havent pushed themselves or been pushed imo.

Thats why we failed against full time teams and now every player we could release has been, and the manager and fitness coach are both no longer in their jobs.

A collective fitness shambles.

Fully agree. But they should have been taken to task and this addressed by the 2 key personnel in the manager and fitness coach.

Players havent pushed themselves or been pushed imo.

Thats why we failed against full time teams and now every player we could release has been, and the manager and fitness coach are both no longer in their jobs.

A collective fitness shambles.

Correct on all points.

Reminds me of when Don Rumsfeld was preparing to address the press re - iraq. When asked by George Bush what he was going to say he replied " I'm going to tell them all targets are being met and progress has been achieved". "And the truth Don ? "" asked Bush "The whole thing is a total clusterfuck Mr President" was the reply.

Sound familiar ?.

Thank God in the case of Henry he was on the Club website buming about monitoring players weight, body mass and fat levels regularly. Fuck I'd love to see his reports and conclusions on Boydy, we could all see he gained at least 2 stone during the season.

The fitness levels were terrible and improved a bit when McCall came in. Even Wallace and Foster had half the pace they used to, which is their only attribute in my opinion, both were lucky if they put two decent balls into the box a game.

Durie I'm not sure about but the new team will have their own ideas and if I'm honest if he came from the Ally McCoist school of coaching he would only get in the way.

You're an idiot

?

6 championships, several cups, 9 in a row hero. 44 goals in 125 games. Yes, a legend indeed. You don't have to be equal to Greig to be a legend.

125 games in 7 season, under 18 games a season when the team was probably playing closer to 50/60, hardly legendary stats. Plus winning 6 titles as a squad player, although still impressive, again doesn't quite cut it as legendary.

Maybe our definitions of 'legend' are different!

I forgot to mention Durant, he has been getting a good wage for over 15 years as a coach at the Club. He can't complain, so time to go Ian, you have had your fill mate. I will be delighted if there's no more jobs for the boys. If ex players want to play or get a Coaching role it has to be merited and be of benefit to the Club not just their bank balances.

125 games in 7 season, under 18 games a season when the team was probably playing closer to 50/60, hardly legendary stats. Plus winning 6 titles as a squad player, although still impressive, again doesn't quite cut it as legendary.

Maybe our definitions of 'legend' are different!

Only the third Ranger to score a hat trick in a major cup final, behind Jim Forrest and McCoist.

Legend.

Only the third Ranger to score a hat trick in a major cup final, behind Jim Forrest and McCoist.

Legend.

I'm sure you were at the game or have seen the video or both. Laudrup was unstoppable that day and while Durie still had to put the chances away, any striker would have scored 3 that day, it just happened to be Durie. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic achievement but it doesn't make him a legend in my book!