• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

The article said "reception".

I was trying to dumb it down for you.

:D

Regardless of how it's dressed up in the article I think we all know it was an end of season party.

As I've said already I feel Murray is just using this as a way of deflecting from the unprofessional way in which these players were informed that they wouldn't be getting new contracts. For the record, I agree 100% with the decision not to give any of them new contracts but they should have been called into a meeting and told face to face.

I'm amazed that it's being spun as some sort of negative that the players never showed up anyway. Remember the reaction we all had when they showed up to a reception after the Ramsdens Cup final defeat?

Regardless of how it's dressed up in the article I think we all know it was an end of season party.

As I've said already I feel Murray is just using this as a way of deflecting from the unprofessional way in which these players were informed that they wouldn't be getting new contracts. For the record, I agree 100% with the decision not to give any of them new contracts but they should have been called into a meeting and told face to face.

I'm amazed that it's being spun as some sort of negative that the players never showed up anyway. Remember the reaction we all had when they showed up to a reception after the Ramsdens Cup final defeat?

I'm sure there were balloons everywhere.

You are right PM is, perhaps the same way the players ducked away from a planned face to face meeting to support their holiday pay claim. If we are going to be cynical let's do it across he board.

A reception at the end of the season was the least the players could manage. Simmo and Robinson must have looked right mugs as the only representation of the team.

BREAKING NEWS: End of season reception party laid on by Paul murray snubbed by players but luckily one mans misfortune was another mans gain, apparently local food banks received a hunner pounds worth of Iceland food for the less fortunate, a spokeman said jist a pity they couldnae have stretched tae a kerry oot as well !

post-75-0-42807400-1435946854_thumb.jpg

Only the OP said "party" in the title.

I'm sure there's normally a gathering of employees at the end of the season, not just successful ones.

I'm fucking glad somebody on here is on the ball. The article clearly stated it was an end of season Reception, which every club has,even ones that get relegated.

The OP better get his finger out or he will be a candidate for the "shifty eyes" emoticon. :pipe:

Who really gives a fuck? The majority played like they didn't want to be here so fuck them. We never had a steady boss/coach all season long. Warburton will make sure shit like this doesn't even exist at next seasons end.

I was meaning it was unprofessional of Murray if he was going to use this "gathering" or whatever you want to call it to inform the players that their contracts wouldn't be renewed.

I don't think the players not turning up was unprofessional at all.

Karaoke

I was meaning it was unprofessional of Murray if he was going to use this "gathering" or whatever you want to call it to inform the players that their contracts wouldn't be renewed.

I don't think the players not turning up was unprofessional at all.

At no point does the article suggest Murray and the board were going to use the reception to advise them that their contracts were or were not being renewed. Merely as an opportunity for the board to thank them for their efforts, albeit the fell short of our expectations.

Assuming this reception was arranged, and I have no reason to doubt it was, then for the players released to be bleating to the press they were not treated well at their release is out of order.

At no point does the article suggest Murray and the board were going to use the reception to advise them that their contracts were or were not being renewed. Merely as an opportunity for the board to thank them for their efforts, albeit the fell short of our expectations.

Assuming this reception was arranged, and I have no reason to doubt it was, then for the players released to be bleating to the press they were not treated well at their release is out of order.

"It was thought they could have said their farewells to the staff and Paul Murray, who had organised the get together, planned to thank them personally for their efforts and wish those who were leaving the best of luck in the future."

Try reading the article first next time (tu)