Does Lee Mcculloch Deserve Another Role At Rangers?

Gaz52

Does Lee McCulloch deserve it?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. McCulloch deserving of role?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying no , not because it's LMcC , but because I want the best coach available , and at this minute and time with no experience , I doubt that would be him .

If in time , he does well as a coach and another opportunity arises , I'd welcome him back.

Deserve? What's deserve got to do with who our coach is? It's up to Warburton to decide who is the most capable coach he can get. What Lee McCulloch deserves is besides the point. If Warburton decides that McCulloch is his man (which he probably won'), so be it.

What McCulloch doesn't deserve is to be made some permanent object of anger and for this to be expressed whenever some shitey, speculative Sun story appears.

But but but ... he played for Rangers in the last 3 years - we hate players who played for us in the last 3 years - ( we also hate players who left us 3 years ago) - that's how it is ! Besides he was old when he played for us ... So like Davie Weir he should be no where near a coaching role ..... Oh wait!

This negativity / hatred towards our club and players is sad! Reflects on is badly!

But but but ... he played for Rangers in the last 3 years - we hate players who played for us in the last 3 years - ( we also hate players who left us 3 years ago) - that's how it is ! Besides he was old when he played for us ... So like Davie Weir he should be no where near a coaching role ..... Oh wait!

This negativity / hatred towards our club and players is sad! Reflects on is badly!

Meltdown.

Its not so much deserving as much as worthy?

If Warburton and Weir believe he can contribute to coaching/player development then I have no issue with him doing something in that role.

Nobody deserves a job just because they love a club. Rangers do not exist as a retirement fund for ex-players. You earn a job if you have the best attributes required for the job. Rangers should always aim for the best.

Bp9 You do have a point but it's basically the same one in 2out of 3 posts you make .Give it a rest man .3 years of shit has changed many of us .There is plenty of hate in me ,I can tell you .Many of these reasons are sadly down to total self interest and neglect by so many so called Rangers men .

If he is willing to end his playing career for a lesser role at us with less pay why not? He does have offers elsewhere he could take but is maybe willing to give up playing to stay with us.

This is a guy that genuinely loves everything about playing for Rangers and I hope he realises he's not at that level now. I don't know what role he would take. I can't judge him as a coach but he always shows his pride in being a Ranger and conducts himself very well, whether it's hospital visits or meeting kids, he always shows respect and patience and seems to go out his way. It surprises me the personal attacks people make on here about him based on him being 1 of a very poor defence.

Whether he deserves a role would be determined by what attributes he has for the role and if he was the best applicant.

having spoke to his father all i can tell u is warb and weir both what him in purely on a coaching roll with the youth side as he has all the badges not that that mean much to most of us as they in my opinion are a bit of a waste of time and prove hee haw