Players Deserved Better - Ferguson

Also apparently fails to see that a lack of professionalism and class is the reason he left the club second time round :lol:

Having said that, I do agree with him. We should've dealt with it with a bit more dignity. Two wrongs and all that. Just think it's a bit rich coming from him.

Agreed, on both points. Club could've done better but don't have any sympathy for players that failed as miserably as they did. Maybe if they held their hands up and accepted responsibility rather than bitchin' more fans would see their point. Baz has a red neck commenting on this particular point as you say.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club should have said to them personally, it's only right, I thought we'd got rid of the Newcastle mob who do business that way.

Rangers always have been a dignified club and that would been the dignified thing to do.

I agree though that they were lazy, ineffective shite players for us but that shouldn't matter

Agreed, on both points. Club could've done better but don't have any sympathy for players that failed as miserably as they did. Maybe if they held their hands up and accepted responsibility rather than bitchin' more fans would see their point. Baz has a red neck commenting on this particular point as you say.

No sympathy for them on my end either. They showed their true colours by complaining to the media about other things rather than facing the fact that they couldn't cut it at Rangers and performed terribly. Even if it was handled poorly by Rangers, the best thing to do would be to accept it and move on quietly. They haven't helped their "cause" in any way by saying what they said. Smacks of sour grapes.

I kind of agree with Barry to an extent, this club more than any other prides it's self on exacting standards. This is a legacy that was enshrined in the club by Mr Struth, and falling below that standard is not acceptable. Unfortunately we have been missing any form of leadership on and off the park for far too long.

As a club we should have extended the hand of thanks to the players for their "efforts" but this should have been tempered with words to the effect of " there was thousands of people in the stands that would have crawled over broken glass to wear this clubs colours. You let them down, you let this club down and ultimately you let the best chance of your lives to play for the greatest club in the world slip through your fingers. Thank you but you're surplus to requirements. "