For Rangers To Be Successful To We Need

Two players for each position .i don't know how many we are bringing in but for me we need that as it keeps the player in possession of the jersey on his toes .for example lee Wallace at times wouldn't look interested but if he has a left back with the ability to replace him then the performance levels would remain high and that goes for the rest of the team too.

What's your thoughts as I know warburton likes a small lean squad but hopefully we have string replacements in every position and if that's the case then we should be successful

About 20 years ago we had enough players to field 2 teams. In fact, we did just that during preseason. There was a game at Ibrox Rangers v Rangers and Gazza switched teams at half-time. We still lost the league that year.

GK: Fotheringham, Bell

LB: Wallace, Halliday*

CB: Wilson, Kernain, Zaliukas, McGregor

RB; Wabarra*, Sinnamon

DM: Eustace*, Murdoch

CM: Law, ???

AM: Holt*, Sheils

Wide: Templeton, Walsh, ???, ???

Striker: Miller, ???

but they have to be good enough to push the players in possession .those centre backs are not good enough to push Wilson and kiernan..maybe I'm asking for too much as we haven't got the money to bring in quality reserves so to speak

RB; Wabarra*, Sinnamon

What about McKay and Aird as wide men and Clark, Hardie and Gallagher up top. Not sure of Crawfords best position.

We definitely need more central midfielders.

I don't think we'll get close to having the players we need, and that MW will want, in by the end of the first window. We need at least 2 midfielders and 2 forwards.

Imo we'll build in stages, and have to settle for making do with players already there who aren't capable of playing the way MW wants.

if Hivees show the same level of consistency that Hertz did we will have a very real problem getting up.

What about McKay and Aird as wide men and Clark, Hardie and Gallagher up top. Not sure of Crawfords best position.

We definitely need more central midfielders.

i don't rate McKay or Aird. No seen enough of Hardie or Gallagher. I suspect Hardie will get about 10 or so games this year. Clark is shite, works hard but fuck all else

I don't think we'll get close to having the players we need, and that MW will want, in by the end of the first window. We need at least 2 midfielders and 2 forwards.

Imo we'll build in stages, and have to settle for making do with players already there who aren't capable of playing the way MW wants.

if Hivees show the same level of consistency that Hertz did we will have a very real problem getting up.

I agree and don't think it will necessarily be a bad thing. I think some of the players (young ones especially) deserve a fair crack at the first team under coaches and a manager that knows what they're doing and has a system. It gives him a chance to have a good look at the squad and see what needs strengthened in Jan and also who has good potential, rather than just buying a whole new team maybe unnecessarily.

I agree with the Hibs point too. I think we could be in danger of making the same mistake we made last season and assuming we'll run away with the league. Hibs were probably the best team in the league in the last third of the season last year and if they continue that we could be in trouble if we don't hit the ground running.

i don't rate McKay or Aird. No seen enough of Hardie or Gallagher. I suspect Hardie will get about 10 or so games this year. Clark is shite, works hard but fuck all else

Fair enough but they should still provide competition hopefully.

And that means you rate Templeton and Law? :P

Warburton likes a small squad, to me that says we won't have 2 players for each position. Although i imagine we'll have two players that can play each position.

Even if we had 2 players in each position, that's still only 22 players, which is still a pretty small squad.

We need two players in each position plus another two or three who can play a number of positions, but it's going to take a while to get to there

Unless we do a Wolves an completely freeze them out (which is something I don't think we can afford to do) guys like Law, Zaliukus, McGregor, Templeton & Clark will be hard to shift so it's going to be a case of working with them while we gradually phase them out.

It'll probably take until this time next year, maybe even the winter 2016 window, for Warburton to build a squad that is entirely his own IMO.

Barring a couple of more additions (hopefully a striker and an attacking MF) I think he will be working with what we have.

Some of them are capable of playing in a number of roles/positions, but I don't see us getting to the point when we 2 players who can naturally fill every position in the team to be honest. But I live in hope.

One thing is for sure - it will be an improvement on last season's team. Of that, I have no doubt.

RB; Wabarra*, Sinnamon

If that is going to be a reflection of our team this year then my starting XI would be

Fotheringham

Wallace

Kiernan

Wilson

Wabara

Halliday (I believe he can play LM)

Murdoch

Law

Walsh

Holt

Clark or please, Stevie May

Eustace and Murdoch are pretty much the same type of player so it wouldn't make sense to start both of them in the same team and personally Murdoch has shown a lot of promise and deserves his chance over Eustace IMO

Aird?

Have we signed a new bloke called Aird because the one we have will never be a footballer

I don't particulary rate him either but it seemed kris1984 was naming the players that were in the squad and would be fighting for a place. Seemed like his name should be in the mix.

Eustace and Murdoch are pretty much the same type of player so it wouldn't make sense to start both of them in the same team and personally Murdoch has shown a lot of promise and deserves his chance over Eustace IMO

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, you tend to have 2 more defensive midfielders so it could work.

The Thing is Hibs had a terrible start last season and finished above us, they were unprepared and stubbs style of play took a wee while to implement, they have strengthened and have a season with these players now so will be better prepared.

We will have to have a good start to win this league, We should also be further down the line in getting players in and having Pre-Season games.