*** Rm Erskine Lunch Fund - Fundraising Completed!

govanblue

Funny you should mention that.

It turns out all the wishes on the wishing wall are actually Completed Wishes. (tu)

First of all, the Resident has to put their wish on the Wishing Tree...

Wishing-wall-and-tree-001_zpsfq1rj8li.jp

Each of those leaves is an unfulfilled wish - so there's a lot of work needed by the Erskine Recreation Staff to get all of them onto the Wishing Wall...

Wishing-wall_zpsyxyau7fj.jpg

To make the wishes come true, Erskine need the following:

• The Staff to accompany the Residents - Check
  • The Transport to get them there - Check
  • The Time to do the thing - Check
  • The Money to pay for the thing - Nope

So the only thing that's usually missing is the money for the admission to the thing, or some money for Lunch while they're there etc.

Here are a couple of example wishes, waiting to be fulfilled:

"Dougie would like a sail on Loch Katrine. He used to spend time in Loch Achray Hotel as a young man."

"I would like to visit the Falkirk Wheel - John"

So a quick google tells me that:

The Steam Ship Sir Walter Scott sails on Loch Katrine. It is wheelchair accessible. A 1 hour scenic cruise costs £12.50

74409.jpg

74408.jpg

And if it turns out that Dougie is also a Jazz and Blues Fan, then we can really push the boat out and go for the 2 Hour Jazz & Blues Cruise - £22 per person

lochkatrine8.jpg

A Ride on the Falkirk Wheel costs £8.95 Adult / £7.95 concession.

A Ride with a tea and scone is £11.95 / £10.95

Or the full monty - a Ride with a Soup and Sandwich is £16.45 / £15.45

940x265%20tfw%20boat%20trip%2003.jpg

Seems to me it should be pretty to easy to sort those two out. (tu)

Yes GB it would be great to help Dougie & John to have their wish come true, let's get it done I say. (tu)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes GB it would be great to help Dougie & John to have their wish come true, let's get it done I say. (tu)

Will do. (tu)

Our current priority is making sure they have their tickets for the Hibs Playoff, if we get there, then the playoff Final if we get there.

But I can start making enquiries now. (tu)

Will do. (tu)

Our priority is making sure they have their tickets for the Hibs Playoff, if we get there, then the playoff Final if we get there.

But I can start making enquiries now. (tu)

The work you do for these great old boys is fantastic GB and if paying a few pounds to help you either get them to a game or this personal wish is never a problem. It is you who has to do all the work to make it happen. :thumbup:

The work you do for these great old boys is fantastic GB and if paying a few pounds to help you either get them to a game or this personal wish is never a problem. It is you who has to do all the work to make it happen. :thumbup:

Ach, spending other people's money on such fun and rewarding things isn't really work. :D

Oops.

I missed out one of the wishes...

"I would like a trip to Loch Lomond."

- Jean

We can't have Jean missing out now, can we? :D

Now that I've googled Falkirk Wheel, and Loch Katrine, I'm a bit of a maritime expert, so Loch Lomond should be a breeze...

Here we go - The 1 Hour Experience Tour - £10 per person. (tu)

01b.jpg

01.jpg

Sorted. (tu)

Oops.

I missed out one of the wishes...

"I would like a trip to Loch Lomond."

- Jean

We can't have Jean missing out now, can we? :D

Now that I've googled Falkirk Wheel, and Loch Katrine, I'm a bit of a maritime expert, so Loch Lomond should be a breeze...

Here we go - The 1 Hour Experience Tour - £10 per person. (tu)

01b.jpg

Sorted. (tu)

(tu)

And, you'll be glad to hear that we shouldn't need to do any additional fundraising to pay for it. (tu)

- That's not a promise though. :lol:

Good if you can sort it out from the funds (tu) but I knew you will let us know if another small donation is required. :D

Just a reminder that if anybody wants to donate any unwanted bottles of alcohol (or anything else for that matter!) for the Erskine Veterans upcoming D-Day Party, you can drop it off with me at Ibrox tomorrow. Just PM me for details. (tu)

4_zps5c056d8a.jpg

3_zpsa7538471.jpg

whisky_zpsccf07461.jpg

I've just got the latest donation figures through from Admin. I'll go and work them out and update you shortly.

But before that, thanks to Better than all the rest, Bertent and falcoholic for their donations, which they forgot to tell me about. (tu)

And thanks also to Jules Winnfield, MXGERSBF3, pye1965 and Wee Bud whose donations fell in between the end of the last fundraiser, and the beginning of the new fundraiser, and so are only getting picked up now. (tu)

Thank you to the 48 members who donated to this month's unplanned Fundraiser...

• Bears r us
  • Bertent
  • Better than all the rest
  • bettertogether
  • Bluepeter9
  • Bobby Hume
  • broxieman
  • Bydo
  • Courtyard Bear
  • cstamomusa
  • cushynumber
  • DAVIE8CH
  • dexiboy
  • dummiesoot
  • EKCO
  • falcoholic
  • G13
  • GerBearette21
  • gmcf
  • govanblue
  • govansw1
  • HG5
  • ianb1547
  • j1mgg
  • jamess
  • Jules Winnfield
  • M4XGERSBF3
  • Malvern
  • mus
  • NamibianBear
  • newlanarkboy
  • nine4eight
  • offshoreworker
  • onslowdriver
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger
  • Phil
  • pye1965
  • RFC#1.
  • RFC Eagle
  • rfc_watp
  • smidro
  • SoldierBlue1
  • Sportingintegritymyarse
  • SW3
  • Sweettartangirl
  • TFP77
  • thistleman
  • Wee Bud

(tu)

and to the 105 members who have donated to Erskine this season.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=271395#entry1062071592

Erskine Lunch Fund - Total funds raised in May:

• PayPal donations: £343.47
  • Cash donations: £150
  • Total: £493.47

:clap::clap::clap:

Add that on to the money we raised last month, and this means that we will be able to provide the following for Erskine over the coming months:

• £180 - 12 tickets for RDF Fundraising Night - Done
  • £220 - Spending money for Fundraising Night (to buy raffle tickets, drinks, etc)
  • £95 - 16 tickets for QoS Playoff - Done
  • £13 - 2 tickets for QoS Playoff (Combat Stress) - Done
  • £50 - 10 tickets for Hibs playoff
  • £30 - 6 tickets for Hibs Playoff (Combat Stress)
  • £100? Tickets for Motherwell game if we get there.
  • £650? - renewal of 2 season tickets for season 15/16
  • £250 - 5 Annual Match programme subscriptions
  • £250 - 5 Annual Rangers TV Subscriptions
  • £200 - Whisky miniatures for D-Day ration Packs

And still have a little bit left to play with. (tu)

Accounts updated:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856#entry1062144207

Fund Accounts: as at 18/05/15

Total Funds raised to date: £22,602.71
Total Funds Spent to date: £19,865.91

Season 2014 / 2015 Accounts

Funds raised since last update: £523.47

£493.47 - Erskine Fundraiser

£25 - Sponsors' Fund ticket sales

£5 - Sponsors' Fund medallion sales

Amount still to be collected from Auction Sales: £190

Current balance in Funds: as at 18/05/15

• Sponsors' Fund: £801.96
  • Teddy Bears’ Fund: £2.74
  • Erskine Lunch Fund: £1931.29
  • Current Total Balance: £2705.99

It turns out all the wishes on the wishing wall are actually Completed Wishes. (tu)

First of all, the Resident has to put their wish on the Wishing Tree...

Wishing-wall-and-tree-001_zpsfq1rj8li.jp

Each of those leaves is an unfulfilled wish - so there's a lot of work needed by the Erskine Recreation Staff to get all of them onto the Wishing Wall...

Wishing-wall_zpsyxyau7fj.jpg

To make the wishes come true, Erskine need the following:

• The Staff to accompany the Residents - Check
  • The Transport to get them there - Check
  • The Time to do the thing - Check
  • The Money to pay for the thing - Nope

So the only thing that's usually missing is the money for the admission to the thing, or some money for Lunch while they're there etc.

Here are a couple of example wishes, waiting to be fulfilled:

"Dougie would like a sail on Loch Katrine. He used to spend time in Loch Achray Hotel as a young man."

"I would like to visit the Falkirk Wheel - John"

So a quick google tells me that:

The Steam Ship Sir Walter Scott sails on Loch Katrine. It is wheelchair accessible. A 1 hour scenic cruise costs £12.50

74409.jpg

74408.jpg

A Ride on the Falkirk Wheel costs £8.95 Adult / £7.95 concession.

A Ride with a tea and scone is £11.95 / £10.95

Or the full monty - a Ride with a Soup and Sandwich is £16.45 / £15.45

940x265%20tfw%20boat%20trip%2003.jpg

Seems to me it should be pretty to easy to sort those two out. (tu)

Update to follow.

RM Erskine Lunch Fund – Wishing Tree / Wishing Wall

So you remember we were going to sort out that Falkirk Wheel trip for John at Erskine Park Home?

Well shortly after I made that post, I got a PM from a Loyal Fund Member who hooked me up with a company who do a lot of work for Falkirk Council, and who could probably wangle us some free tickets for the boat ride.

When they heard what we had in mind, the company happily agreed to get us as many free tickets as we needed, which is twelve (a full Erskine Bus-load) :thumbup:

And then they’ll buy everyone Lunch after the Boat Ride. :peanut:

And they’ll also bring along a couple of Rangers Legends to meet the Veterans. :praise:

And a couple of other nice little touches which I’ll keep to myself for now. (don’t want to spoil all the surprises for them!) ;)

So there you go a VIP Falkirk Wheel Experience for 12, all booked up for the 16th June. (tu)

So Specialized Security - take a bow. :clap:

A Massive Thank-You from Erskine, and from all of us, for stepping up, organising it all, paying for it all, and for adding so much extra value too! :thumbup:

Falkirk_Wheel_panorama.jpg

And with the money we’ve saved, we can now move on to the next wish – Dougie’s Steamship trip on Loch Katrine. (tu)

steamship_sir_walter_scott_featured.jpg

So feel free to PM me if you happen to be the Skipper or own a café nearby! :P

Speaking of wishes…

From Erskine Park Home:

"We'll be sharing the Falkirk wheel trip with Erskine Mains Home. They have some residents who are also very keen to see and travel on the wheel too so another Erskine wish will be granted."

So there you go – two for the price of none! :thumbup:

RMErskine Lunch Fund Wishing Tree / Wishing Wall

So you remember we were going to sort out that Falkirk Wheel trip for John at ErskinePark Home?

Well shortly after I made that post, I got a PM from a Loyal Fund Member who hooked me up with a company who do a lot of work for Falkirk Council, and who could probably wangle us some free tickets for the boat ride.

When they heard what we had in mind, the company happily agreed to get us as many free tickets as we needed, which is twelve (a full Erskine Bus-load) :thumbup:

And then theyll buy everyone Lunch after the Boat Ride. :peanut:

And theyll also bring along a couple of Rangers Legends to meet the Veterans. :praise:

And a couple of other nice little touches which Ill keep to myself for now. (dont want to spoil all the surprises for them!) ;)

So there you go a VIP Falkirk Wheel Experience for 12, all booked up for the 16th June. (tu)

So Specialized Security - take a bow. :clap:

A Massive Thank-You from Erskine, and from all of us, for stepping up, organising it all, paying for it all, and for adding so much extra value too! :thumbup:

Falkirk_Wheel_panorama.jpg

And with the money weve saved, we can now move on to the next wish Dougies Steamship trip on Loch Katrine. (tu)

steamship_sir_walter_scott_featured.jpg

So feel free to PM me if you happen to be the Skipper or own a café nearby! :P

Speaking of wishes

From Erskine Park Home:

"We'll be sharing the Falkirk wheel trip with Erskine Mains Home. They have some residents who are also very keen to see and travel on the wheel too so another Erskine wish will be granted."

So there you go two for the price of none! :thumbup:

Brilliant work once again GB!

For the many RM members out there who want to support Erskine, but don't want anything to do with anything that that prick govanblue is involved in, I've just noticed this on the Erskine Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/ProudtoCare

"A day trip to Largs for an ice-cream; receiving a bouquet of flowers; enjoying a fish supper and listening to the sounds of Glenn Miller music - just some of the simple wishes Erskine veterans say would brighten their day.

Two residents of The Erskine Home, Harry Butterworth and Joe Martin, recently had their wish come true when they went on a tour of the River City set with one of the show’s stars. Actor Scott Vickers, who plays DC Will Cooper in the BBC drama, gave Harry and Joe a personal tour of Shieldinch. For Harry, who worked as a BBC engineer for 45 years, it was a thrill to be back in the film studio environment.

You too can help grant a veteran’s wish by supporting Erskine during Veterans’ Wishes Week,” said Susan Bradley, Community Fundraising Manager. “No matter how large or small your fundraising activity, every penny will make a huge difference to the lives of our veterans and their spouses.”

“Some ideas for getting involved include planning a ‘Purple Day’ in your school or office, organising a collection in your local area or having a purple themed bake sale. Fulfilling veterans’ wishes is one of the ways we help to maximise our residents independence and bring fun and joy to their lives.” For more information or to request a fundraising pack please call 0300 123 1203 or text 'Wish' to 70660 to donate £5."

10986997_764901226960100_324703226517970

11206030_764901820293374_390716591190545

10983322_764901966960026_651677946021321

11062044_764902513626638_457070208798698

So there you go, a chance to help Erskine make their Resident's wishes come true, without the risk of that prick govanblue getting all smug and back-slappy about it. (tu)

Thanks to Specialized Security, this has to be one of the easiest challenges so far.

Ironically (or maybe not) all we had to do was wish for it. (tu)

Fantastic gesture from the Specialized Security GB and fantastic work to you and the fund member who put you in touch. Stories like this mean more than just fulfilling a wish for the Erskine veterans, it also gives every bear a huge smile to know there are special people looking after our own.

Fantastic gesture from the Specialized Security GB and fantastic work to you and the fund member who put you in touch. Stories like this mean more than just fulfilling a wish for the Erskine veterans, it also gives every bear a huge smile to know there are special people looking after our own.

Well, maybe not every Bear :pipe: but certainly enough of us to make it worth doing. :D