Players Out/players In

GraP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The task in the Summer is huge because we need a number of players of varying degrees of quality.

We obviously need a number of guys who have the quality to come straight into the first team and make a difference to our style of play and be match winners in tight games However, we also need a number of motivated, reliable squad players who are just good honest pros. People will probably moan about that statement but it's true. We need to build a squad almost from scratch and there's no way every single one of them are going to be quality, match winning type players.

Of our current squad I genuinely think Bell, McGregor, Wallace, Gasparatto, Law, Murdoch, Clark, Walsh, Vuckic, Hardie & maybe Shiels (purely because McCall seems to like him) are the only ones who can play some sort of role (mainly a reduced role) going forward.

The task in the Summer is huge because we need a number of players of varying degrees of quality.

We obviously need a number of guys who have the quality to come straight into the first team and make a difference to our style of play and be match winners in tight games However, we also need a number of motivated, reliable squad players who are just good honest pros. People will probably moan about that statement but it's true. We need to build a squad almost from scratch and there's no way every single one of them are going to be quality, match winning type players.

Of our current squad I genuinely think Bell, McGregor, Wallace, Gasparatto, Law, Murdoch, Clark, Walsh, Vuckic, Hardie & maybe Shiels (purely because McCall seems to like him) are the only ones who can play some sort of role (mainly a reduced role) going forward.

Agree with that.

We don't even know what league we'll be in yet either, which makes the building process take more time something that isn't ideal considering the size of the job at hand. Hell we don't even know who'll be the manager come August.

People who think we'll have a squad worth challenging Celtic next season if we're promoted clearly haven't realised what kind of task building a squad over a short period of time and getting them gelling as a team while finding the best starting XI and tactics, is to do. Have a look at Liverpool and Spurs recently and how they've struggled with such a vast overturn of players in the last 12 months.

It'll take us at least a season and maybe a half before we'll be in any sort of position to challenge Celtic.

these players out of contract at QotS are playing there for a reason

if you think signing players from the scottish championship are going to push us on to challenge for cups and league titles (if we get promoted) then i have to disagree.

we can sign freebies from the championship and the tarriers can go and spend 2m quid on the likes of Stefan Johansen, we are light years behind

the rebuild in the summer is going to be massive and will require decent investment if we want to challenge and be competitive, sadly out of contract players from QotS aint goin to cut it

There's nothing wrong with taking a punt on a young, out of contract player with a decent record from the Championship IMO.

Dundee Utd have shown that it's a market where you can find talented players if you do your homework.

You have just as much chance of finding a Griffiths, McKay-Steven or a Robertson as you do of finding a Clark.

In my eyes we should go all out to sign Vuckic, Stevie May, Scott Allan maybe try and get Chris Gunter (longish shot), another defender, goalie and striker.

My team regardless of the division would be

Bell Bench- Goalie, Sinnamon, Gallagher, Clark, Sheils etc

Wallace

Mcgregor

(insert cb)

Gunter

Walsh

Scott Allan

Murdoch

Vuckic

May

Hardie/ another striker. Not saying the kid is the next best thing but we need another experienced player (not over paid hasbeens) to help him from burning out, especially in the prem.

I think we need to be looking for a right back, centre half to play with McGregor, couple centre mids and some new fire power up front.

Think we need to be cute and monitor contract situation of players and pick up free agents.

How long did Andrew Shinnie sign at Birmingham for, would be great for us.

Likewise try secure couple of loan deals, Vuckic again if was available as prob can't afford him otherwise.

I would also keep tabs on players who go south as many don't make it, Macleod obv but like May and even guys like Fyvie.

Guy at my work heard from his mate(use to be flatmate with Foster at the sheep) that the only out of contract first team player being kept is Kenny Miller. No idea if it's true or anything at all.

Let go the 12 guys who are out of contract then promote the youth players to the first team squad. With the remaining money try and go for the likes of Dorrans(on loan), Hanley(on loan), Vuckic(on loan), Anya(on loan), Weiss, Ciftci, Morrison, Brunt, May, Macleod. Obviously 2 or 3 out of that list, not all of them.

In an ideal world something like this in the top league.

Kelly

Sinnamon

Gasparotto

Hanley

Wallace

Murdoch

Dorrans

Vuckic

Macleod

Anya

Hardie

(tu)

The best keeper we can find. Sorry but Cammie Bell is a nightmare at cross balls... How about young Christie at ICT. Played a blinder against them last weekend. Quite like the look of their wing backs as well, shinnie and the scouser.

The best keeper we can find. Sorry but Cammie Bell is a nightmare at cross balls... How about young Christie at ICT. Played a blinder against them last weekend. Quite like the look of their wing backs as well, shinnie and the scouser.

Shinnie's really good but unfortunately he's signed a bosman with the sheep.

In my eyes we should go all out to sign Vuckic, Stevie May, Scott Allan maybe try and get Chris Gunter (longish shot), another defender, goalie and striker.

My team regardless of the division would be

Bell Bench- Goalie, Sinnamon, Gallagher, Clark, Sheils etc

Wallace

Mcgregor

(insert cb)

Gunter

Walsh

Scott Allan

Murdoch

Vuckic

May

Hardie/ another striker. Not saying the kid is the next best thing but we need another experienced player (not over paid hasbeens) to help him from burning out, especially in the prem.

I was about to call you a smackheed cause I thought you meant Koray Gunter, the 20 year old Turkish prodigy ?

Chris Higgins qots centre half twice the player we have playing at the back.

If folk thought Danny Wilson et al. were big Tims they would get a lesson here :)

Plus, he's had a chance with multiple teams and hasn't been kept on. I think he's a solid enough defender for the Championship but not for Rangers in the Premiership.

If folk thought Danny Wilson et al. were big Tims they would get a lesson here :)

Plus, he's had a chance with multiple teams and hasn't been kept on. I think he's a solid enough defender for the Championship but not for Rangers in the Premiership.

Agree with this. He must be pushing 30 now.

I've no problem with taking a chance on championship players who are younger and in theory should be on the way up, but adding championship level journeymen isn't going to help is in either the short or long term.

Somebody like Will Vaulks at Falkirk would be a better gamble. He's still young but has decent experience and he was in the Championship team of the year last season too so he's obviously got something about him.