Top Judge Says Irish Rebel Song Sung By Fans Will Be Regarde

Bad Robot

Brendan O'Fended demanded, nay lobbied, for this legislation because they thought it would only affect us.

Fuck them.

Absolutely!!

The child molesters thought they were being clever, but not everyone in Scotland bows down to them the same way the SFA does.

It shouldn't have got this far for a few songs, but now it's come back to bite on the arse, those stupid cunts that started it.

You reap what you sow, you thick cunts.

Hope to read about the custodials soon, you thick inbred pricks.

SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's ok to sing sectarian songs in other venues? Is that why the Bristol bar and louder etc get away with people singing inside . And on parades I have heard people singing fuck the pope . So is that ok cos it's not at a football venue??

If so it seems ridiculous. A song can be sung and not offend someone in a pub but at a football match it can. Ffs.

With that reasoning though groups like the KKK should be allowed to continue fostering their hate.

Yes, as long as they don't sing about it at a football match................In Scotland. :P

Scotland is not in America as far as I recall, and you would be able to sing The Billy Boys in America................. as long as Scotland is not part of the United States.

This law is one of the dumbest laws ever, but when Scotland let in the apologists in the form of the SNP what did we expect .....Unity?

Nobody deserves to be jailed for singing a song at a football match that is meant to wind up the opposing fans, that's what should be illegal.

:uk:

As much as I like seeing Timmy getting caught up in this, I can't help but hate the law.

Its a fucking song, its not threatening and since when should offending someone be a crime?

Legislation like this sucks but sums up what Scotchland has become.

As much as I truly hate these tarrier bastards I do admire the fact that they took their fight to the European Courts. Better than dignified silence.

So it's ok to sing sectarian songs in other venues? Is that why the Bristol bar and louder etc get away with people singing inside . And on parades I have heard people singing fuck the pope . So is that ok cos it's not at a football venue??

If so it seems ridiculous. A song can be sung and not offend someone in a pub but at a football match it can. Ffs.

What would happen at the parade if a few guys started kicking a ball about during the singing?

Yes, as long as they don't sing about it at a football match................In Scotland. :P

Scotland is not in America as far as I recall, and you would be able to sing The Billy Boys in America................. as long as Scotland is not part of the United States.

This law is one of the dumbest laws ever, but when Scotland let in the apologists in the form of the SNP what did we expect .....Unity?

Nobody deserves to be jailed for singing a song at a football match that is meant to wind up the opposing fans, that's what should be illegal.

:uk:

Wee diddy parliament coming up with wee diddy laws what a surprise :anguish:

Legislation like this sucks but sums up what Scotchland has become.

As much as I truly hate these tarrier bastards I do admire the fact that they took their fight to the European Courts. Better than dignified silence.

what a fucking law.

I still cant believe it got passed - is this them taking it to the European court? I thought this was a Scottish judge giving comment that it doesn't breach the Euro Laws on Human Rights so the appeal is denied

I will never understand how Celtic and their fans don't get embarrassed by anything, they're a complete laughing stock.

If they didn't get embarrassed by their club pumping weans then songs aren't going to make much a difference (tu)

They use their club as a political group, IRA supporting scum, get it up them.

If they cant sing about blowing up Brits or joining the IRA at the piggery then they'll be a lot less of them going.

Which is acting upon said hatred and would come under harassment like I said.

Sorry but I think you're talking nonsense. You say that singing a sectarian song is acting upon hatred yet in your previous post you say that it isnt acting on hatred to say you hate someone because they are Protestant or whatever. If Using your logic if you sing that you hate someone that is acting on it, then if you say that you hate someone then that must also be acting on it

As much as I like seeing Timmy getting caught up in this, I can't help but hate the law.

Its a fucking song, its not threatening and since when should offending someone be a crime?

Much as they wanted this law in the first place as they thought it would only apply to us, it is a pretty stupid law which is giving fans a criminal record for merely singing or chanting at a football match.

Who exactly is offended by these sort of songs ?

Most of the tims hadn't heard of the famine til the song came about, and the fact it isn't about the famine, or even the irish, got conveniently ignored.

Peoples lives are being drastically affected by these convictions, while songs like Flower of Scotland are essentially the same, and go unpunished.

There are lines of course. Genuinely offensive stuff like mocking the Ibrox disaster for example, are out of order and no thinking fan would do it, but songs about battles hundreds of years ago etc surely don't offend anyone.

Personally I don't give a toss what folk sing or chant at the football, other than folk should respect there are kids there too.

Those saying its like the KKK being allowed to sing or chant are being ridiculous. That organisations entire reason for being is to foster racial hatred and violence.

With football fans its a 90 min part of the game, when afterwards they will go back to the real world where they live/work/drink with the very folk they were singing at. (For the most part anyway)

There is no way folk should be getting jailed or criminal records for merely singing. That is just stupid.

In this country singing these songs is illegal.

Only at football matches.

The politicians and law makers see an easy way to tackle sectarianism - if you want to change public views, it takes generations. Consider the view in the 70s and 80s of Blacks and Gays and consider where we are today. It is over this period of time change takes to happen.

Therefore, they tackle signing of songs at football, and look to change the view of youngsters at the game, 90 minutes bigots stop existing, therefore the thinking goes, that less will develop into full bigots.

The view is held that sectarianism is such an issue that it requires the government and law makers to intercede. We might disagree, but that is argument that gives their actions justification.

If people want to tackle this law and the approach of politicians, they need to tackle the myth that sectarianism is a serious public issue. Strangely, I think it probably is an issue, but more from anti-protestant stance than the accepted anti-catholic.

They've got their MP involved

http://m.stv.tv/news/glasgow/318260-labours-margaret-curran-calls-for-end-of-football-behaviour-act/

It would be great if this stupid law was revoked. As others have said people's lives have been turned upside down because of it and actually jailing people because of a song is just ridiculous.