Play Off Tickets.

The Gas Man

Will the cost of home tickets for the play offs be set at a standard price by the league or by the home clubs?

With 50% of the gates going to the SPFL for some unknown and backwards reason, is there anything to stop us from reducing the cost to prevent the league milking us further.

If be happy in the knowledge that our gate was less to prevent more going to the league.

Will the cost of home tickets for the play offs be set at a standard price by the league or by the home clubs?

With 50% of the gates going to the SPFL for some unknown and backwards reason, is there anything to stop us from reducing the cost to prevent the league milking us further.

If be happy in the knowledge that our gate was less to prevent more going to the league.

I think HIVS were trying to get this down to 25% ?.........too late in the day. I think the clubs will charge as normal though.

I don't get what you're saying here. We'd suffer if the prices were lowered or the gate was lowered too.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face?

I like the idea that we lower the price of the tickets to a fiver or whatever but then invite fans attending the games to 'donate' the money they have saved to the club via bucket collections outside the stadium or from buying a 'commemorative programme' for £20 or something and that way the league can't get hold of it.

If this it true ,then this is a scandal and Rangers should be saying something about it ..This corrupt shower of bastards need sorting

I like the idea that we lower the price of the tickets to a fiver or whatever but then invite fans attending the games to 'donate' the money they have saved to the club via bucket collections outside the stadium or from buying a 'commemorative programme' for £20 or something and that way the league can't get hold of it.

Perfect idea but knowing the corrupt shower in charge ,we would probably get a fine

I'd imagine it would be similar to how prices are set for cup games so expect it to be similar pricing. I'm not aware of any other Football body that have such a patently unfair levy in place. I could understand if the %age was after costs but it shows the SPFL and the majority of its member clubs up for the no marks that they are.

Scottish Football is a bigger laughing stock than it ever has been due to the behaviour of certain individuals.

If this it true ,then this is a scandal and Rangers should be saying something about it ..This corrupt shower of bastards need sorting

I don't think Rangers can have a say in any matters regarding all this as they are still under "punishment" and can't

say anything concerning rules until after 3/4 years since we got "punished".

Not sure, but unless it is anything other than directly involving Rangers, and Rangers alone, we don't have a say in other matters such as what they steal

from ticket sales. It's only up to the other clubs for now to speak out. That's why we have heard such tit bits from hearts and the like.

In the English premier teams that get relegated get a parachute payment. In Scotland teams that are trying to get promoted get cash taken from them. Madness.

The EPL is awash with cash so hardly a good comparison. Anyway i was under the impression that the 50% was to pay for parachute payments? I could be wrong!

The league set the prices

The league set the prices

I just tried to find out the price of hamilton hibs last year and came across a few articles about hibs moaning about the 50% thing this year.

Hibs let their season ticket holders in for free last year and this year the spfl were trying to stop it but have backed down, so to me it seems it's upto us to choose the price .

"The SPFL says that, as result of opposition from clubs, it will withdraw its proposal to prohibit admission via season tickets and impose minimum prices."

I just tried to find out the price of hamilton hibs last year and came across a few articles about hibs moaning about the 50% thing this year.

Hibs let their season ticket holders in for free last year and this year the spfl were trying to stop it but have backed down, so to me it seems it's upto us to choose the price .

"The SPFL says that, as result of opposition from clubs, it will withdraw its proposal to prohibit admission via season tickets and impose minimum prices."

If that is the case season ticket holders of all clubs, including Rangers, should be admitted with no extra charge.

If the SPFL are allowing it then it would be a disgrace if the Board decide to charge the most loyal fans who have had to put up with sub standard footballall all season.

Yes the club is desperate for cash but that is not the fault of the people who did not boycott but instead put their hand in their pocket to ensure the club survived.

Curious to see how away tickets are allocated. I wonder if those who signed up to continuous credit for all away games and semi-finals and finals will be given preference over those who didn't. The 2nd v 3rd match is being promoted as the Premiership play off semi final and the game after that is being promoted as the final.

After all the moralising against us over the last 2-3years maybe the club and the fans should start a campaign that all the attendance money go to charity. It is all extra money after all and will be largely paid by the Rangers fans.

Of course, the SPFL won't relent on it but it would be good to put them under a bit of 'moral' pressure.