Promotion This Season....

Does anyone else not want us to get promoted this season?

Don't get me wrong, I want to get to the top league quickly, mainly to try and stop the mhanks adding more towards their attempt to go for the 10 in a row.

But back when there was debates about whether we should stay in the SPL or get demoted, I was one of the few that was really against going down the divisions.

What made me change my mind was I was starting to like the idea that we could start with a new young team that could be nurtured into a strong team through playing together for a few years, plus the idea that we could be the first team in the world to win eevery domestic trophy available in their own country - that was the main "selling point" for me to like the idea of going down to the third division.

Obviously we never got the young team that we were all but promised, but we still had the chance to win the trophies until it went a bit pear shaped this season. Due to this, I would like to get another go at winning the first division and the Ramsden Cup so we would have the full set, promotion this season would kill off that chance forever (hopefully). Thus ending all the benefits of getting demoted that would've meant we had actually achieved something from our demotion.

The last 3 years are going to a complete waste in comparison to what we should've achieved. We haven't really achieved anything. Lewis MacLeod was a shining light in a dark tunnel, but he's gone now.

So would anyone else prefer if we stayed in the first division to give us one more shot at the Ramsden cup, which I'm certain we would win and to win the division giving us every trophy in Scotland? We won't ever get a chance of that ever again.

Or would you just rather we went up through the play-offs so we could get back to the top asap.

Mind that second option means we would have to give that prick Ashley £500,000

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, while I understand why you think that I honestly think we NEED to go up, otherwise we could be in serious trouble financially... the 500,000 that we'll be paying Ashley is tiny in comparison to the difference in sponsorship, TV, prize money, season ticket and normal ticket sales we will receive by being promoted.

Fate has conspired to prevent us winning all domestic honours and also them to add to their treble count.

I think we should just go up and move on rather than hang around looking for a 'nice to have'. It is far more important we strive to the future, rather than hang back for fairly meaningless trophies.

Jesus.

It doesn't matter if you think we will get pumped in the top league or not....we HAVE to go up, the alternative is unthinkable.

Another year of fuck all money, no investment and lack of interest all lead to one thing and by fuck will I ever wish for that to happen...again.

Sort yerself out ffs.

Who gives an utter fuck about the Ramsdens Cup?

it's not just about the Ramsdens, it's the first division title also. No team in the world has ever done that.

If we go up this year, the last three seasons has all been for fuck all. It would be nice to have won all trophies, we will never get another shot at it.

it's not just about the Ramsdens, it's the first division title also. No team in the world has ever done that.

If we go up this year, the last three seasons has all been for fuck all. It would be nice to have won all trophies, we will never get another shot at it.

:lol:

Bet Real Madrid are jealous as fuck at the 'opportunity' we have to make history.

I want promotion and believe it will be the best thing for the club.

GM

It's difficult to argue about that, it would if it was purely for financial reasons.

I'm still chuffed that we still have a club, am sure most of you remember where you were when you first heard that we had went into administration.

It's more than just money to me. Why would it be a bad idea to get a chance to win all - when you take the money aspect out?

Bet you just want bigger crowds for yer pub :lol: