Promotion This Season....

Does anyone else not want us to get promoted this season?

Don't get me wrong, I want to get to the top league quickly, mainly to try and stop the mhanks adding more towards their attempt to go for the 10 in a row.

But back when there was debates about whether we should stay in the SPL or get demoted, I was one of the few that was really against going down the divisions.

What made me change my mind was I was starting to like the idea that we could start with a new young team that could be nurtured into a strong team through playing together for a few years, plus the idea that we could be the first team in the world to win eevery domestic trophy available in their own country - that was the main "selling point" for me to like the idea of going down to the third division.

Obviously we never got the young team that we were all but promised, but we still had the chance to win the trophies until it went a bit pear shaped this season. Due to this, I would like to get another go at winning the first division and the Ramsden Cup so we would have the full set, promotion this season would kill off that chance forever (hopefully). Thus ending all the benefits of getting demoted that would've meant we had actually achieved something from our demotion.

The last 3 years are going to a complete waste in comparison to what we should've achieved. We haven't really achieved anything. Lewis MacLeod was a shining light in a dark tunnel, but he's gone now.

So would anyone else prefer if we stayed in the first division to give us one more shot at the Ramsden cup, which I'm certain we would win and to win the division giving us every trophy in Scotland? We won't ever get a chance of that ever again.

Or would you just rather we went up through the play-offs so we could get back to the top asap.

Mind that second option means we would have to give that prick Ashley £500,000

Brave post, mate. I got slaughtered a few weeks ago for saying that I thought it would be more beneficial to us in the long term to stay in the Championship for another season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people here making the assumption that we've already won the play-offs or will definitely win them. Hibs and QOTS have outclassed us at times this season. Which is fucking embarrassing.

What's even more embarrassing is how we've lost this league to Hearts.

Next season is going to be a rebuilding season again, no matter what.

I reckon another season in this league would do us more good than harm. Just get this season over and done with, consign the fucker to history and try to progress now that we have a half-decent manager.

The fans haven't come back in droves like the new board promised either. Reason for that is because we're not on top and winning most weeks. Our fans are fickle, like most clubs. Ibrox will fill up every other week again when we're winning and are in the running for a title.

The novelty of being in the lower leagues has more than worn off by now.

We don't merit promotion this season. Anyone who thinks that we do need to remove their head from their arse. Also, don't even mention the play-offs. We haven't even kicked a ball in the play-offs yet and some have them won already.

And just because I have a different opinion than most on this matter doesn't make me a 'taig' or a 'supposed fan'. Just a realist.

In an ideal world, promotion would be fantastic. But the Club has been badly ran over the last 3-4 years. One more year in this division isn't going to hurt us too much. Rangers will always have the means to compete at the top of Scottish football. One more season in the second tier won't suddenly change that.

It is looking less and less likely we will go up.

Why any bear would want us to stay down is beyond me. For a start that will be 10m down the drain that could have gone towards the team.

And to what end ? This time next year we would still be looking at a rebuild for the premiership. Most of the team is an embarrassment. Tens of millions of pounds spent on them and fans are bricking it over playing QOS and the like ? What the fuck is that all about ?

I hear Ally Mccoist is finally getting a statue out up. In London Road.

I dont now how the hell we will stay afloat in the top div, but we have no chance at all if we languish in the championship. How will we get fans or players to come to Ibrox ?

I don't know how we are gonna do it, but we MUST go up. Failure simply isnt an option.

I want promotion but don't think we will get it. If we do we will have a completely different team with the player that are out of contract and wages being therefore freed up. Even allowing for a substantial reduction in the overall wage bill we should be able to get better value for our Money than we get at present. McCall if he is still there has shown good skills in the area of player recruitment for Motherwell.

Not going up would be the start of a Leeds Utd. Crowds will fall, investment will fail to materialise, players will be second rate and the inevitable slip into footballing wilderness will begin.

We need the momentum to carry us to the top, stuttering and failing now will just magnify all the problems at the club. Many fans are here in blind hope that we'll continue up to where we belong, as soon as that doesn't happen, thousands will disappear like snow off a dyke.

Does anyone else not want us to get promoted this season?

Don't get me wrong, I want to get to the top league quickly, mainly to try and stop the mhanks adding more towards their attempt to go for the 10 in a row.

But back when there was debates about whether we should stay in the SPL or get demoted, I was one of the few that was really against going down the divisions.

What made me change my mind was I was starting to like the idea that we could start with a new young team that could be nurtured into a strong team through playing together for a few years, plus the idea that we could be the first team in the world to win eevery domestic trophy available in their own country - that was the main "selling point" for me to like the idea of going down to the third division.

Obviously we never got the young team that we were all but promised, but we still had the chance to win the trophies until it went a bit pear shaped this season. Due to this, I would like to get another go at winning the first division and the Ramsden Cup so we would have the full set, promotion this season would kill off that chance forever (hopefully). Thus ending all the benefits of getting demoted that would've meant we had actually achieved something from our demotion.

The last 3 years are going to a complete waste in comparison to what we should've achieved. We haven't really achieved anything. Lewis MacLeod was a shining light in a dark tunnel, but he's gone now.

So would anyone else prefer if we stayed in the first division to give us one more shot at the Ramsden cup, which I'm certain we would win and to win the division giving us every trophy in Scotland? We won't ever get a chance of that ever again.

Or would you just rather we went up through the play-offs so we could get back to the top asap.

Mind that second option means we would have to give that prick Ashley £500,000

RWB think I would take going up no matter mate ..Don't think I can stand being in the lower leagues one more season .

Not going up would be the start of a Leeds Utd. Crowds will fall, investment will fail to materialise, players will be second rate and the inevitable slip into footballing wilderness will begin.

We need the momentum to carry us to the top, stuttering and failing now will just magnify all the problems at the club. Many fans are here in blind hope that we'll continue up to where we belong, as soon as that doesn't happen, thousands will disappear like snow off a dyke.

This is definitely it, in fact we are hovering there now !