Mccall's Decision Making Is Shocking

Gaz52

That's twice now he's changed a winning team and we've went on to drop points because of it

We gubbed Raith 4-0, very decent performance but then midweek Captain Fat Tits gets stuck back in and the team is reshuffled to suit him, we draw 1-1 with Livingston

We won 3-1 last week, albeit not the greatest performance but the fact is we won and scored 3 goals and today he decides to drop Clark for Miller, Miller's legs gave up over 2 years ago, he was a good player when he could outrun defenders but that side of his game is away. We actually started to get in behind Falkirk's defence when Clark came on!

I don't know why McCall is making these choices, he's rapidly changing my mind about him, he's a very average coach.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said the exact same thing at the match,he changes it when it's not required.

Any good team who wins things always have a first starting eleven then changes are made through injuries suspensions etc but we just seem to change things because we can.

Baffles me at times.

Is it not time we realised that the players are just not good enough? and stopped blaming the coaching staff??

id agree with this.....SmcC has only the shite McCoist left him to work with......right now i dont think any of them are worthy of a contract.

McCall has probably cost himself the job long term because he has stuck with players that have

let us down time and again.

I would have had more faith in him and respect for him if he had come in and made radical changes from day 1.

McCullough and Miller are just two of the players that should never have featured for him.

This squad of players is toxic and no manager could have turned around the mess the millionaire gardener left behind.

We need significant investment although where that is going to come from is anyone's guess.

Doesn't look like he's the answer.

He had a perfect opportunity to come in and prove himself by getting us promoted but right now that's looking unlikely.

things are looking better on the park with thse current manager......or do you want the constant gardener back to rape the club once again?

Results wise no he isn't.

I think McCall gets a lot of undue praise for simply doing things that are the norm at any other football club but weren't at our club because we were such a shambles on and off the park.

His overall tenure hasn't been anything that special, you can blame the players for that to an extent, but he's made some really bad choices and decisions too and although I was willing to give him a chance he hasn't done enough to warrant the job on a more long term basis for me.

I think McCall gets a lot of undue praise for simply doing things that are the norm at any other football club but weren't at our club because we were such a shambles on and off the park.

His overall tenure hasn't been anything that special, you can blame the players for that to an extent, but he's made some really bad choices and decisions too and although I was willing to give him a chance he hasn't done enough to warrant the job on a more long term basis for me.

Agreed he is a very ordinary manager and although there has been some improvement with him in charge he is too indecisive and never knows his team from one week to the next. We can and must do better than another jobs for the boys appointment long term.

They are good enough that's the problem

A fair few of them aren't good enough. Miller shouldn't have started today, and McCulloch should be nowhere near the team. I'm at a loss as to why Zaliukas was taken off, if it was an injury Falkirk must have been wetting themselves to see McCulloch isolated. Two big mistakes by McCall IMO that cost us the three points.

He's gambling. With a bit of experimenting with playing younger players. Mixed in with hope that the rank awful form of many of the so-called senior players cannot continue. He's gambling in the hope of finding a set of players that might yet do the trick when it comes to the must win play off games and is just using the games leading up to that like some sort of mini pre-season.

That was the generous intepretation. The more basic one might be he is just as clueless as his predecessors in how to get that squad to perform as it should be capable of in each game in this business end of the season.

Wonder what King and Murray and the Board make of all of this continued nonsense and underperforming on the pitch. Bit of a dead cat bounce in apppointing McCall perhaps. Impact tailing off and no sense of 'yes we can do this' from anywhere that matters. Just hope. Just a throw of the dice and hope that luck turns in our favour. Nothing really from the leaders at Rangers. Just sitting on their hands waiting - like us - for the season to close and its a binary outcome - if we are lucky then promotion and if luck is not with us then the evidence of the season so far points to a continued stay in the Championship. Maybe even a prolonged stay.

Can't be much fun for the Directors. They agitated and hassled and hounded to get there. They waved their Rangers Men flags long and hard and noisily. The people to do the job. They were voted in. And hey presto nothing really changes on the pitch. The players (most of them) still underperform and fail to deliver results on a consistent basis. The new Manager is not really delivering all that much to give even optimistic hope of promotion. Ibrox attendances have not recovered much. McCoist and Mc D still being paid handsomely for failure and the Board does nothing. Just exactly what would you spend c£60k a month on? It must surely rank as one of best rewarded managerial failures in any industry outside banking. Spectacularly embarrassing to let this continue and fester week after week having assumed power.

Big decions are on the immediate horizon for the Board. Their silence cannot continue.