The Booing Of Lee Mcculloch Today

Like it or loathe it - McCulloch didn't get booed today because of the four or five major blunders he made in this one game. McCulloch getting booed was a culmination of all the suffering he has put us through this season. Radio commentators moaned about him playing in a position that he's not used to - he's had two years plus to get used to it FFS!

We have started every game that he's been in this season with ten (at the most!) men. he has made MILLIONS from this club. Don't get me started on all that loyal servant pish either. He's being rewarded handsomely to do a very well paid job to a high standard. He's not up to that standard and should be replaced, and replaced now.

We have at most - a slim chance now of promotion. If he plays the remaining games - that chance ebbs further and further away with every minute that passes.

I have a lot of respect for Stuart McCall. I would have even more respect if he came out and told us why McCulloch is selected for every game? If there is some stupid clause in his contract (and it would not surprise me one bit given some of the stupid contracts that exist at Ibrox just now!!!) - then just come out and tell us straight please Stuart?

Please find enclosed a pic of Hitler playing The Sash on a banjo :-)

post-91561-0-84158500-1430001146.gif

post-91561-0-84158500-1430001146.gif

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't get my head round some fans applauding him. The guy 2 rows behind me was going mental at people booing telling people they were a disgrace and you can't boo him, he is a captain of Rangers. Then started clapping and shouting yes whenever McCulloch got the ball.

No one had any problem booing a Rangers board doing a terrible job so a player should be no different. Fan power got rid of that board so far power can get McCulloch dropped.

Can't get my head round some fans applauding him. The guy 2 rows behind me was going mental at people booing telling people they were a disgrace and you can't boo him, he is a captain of Rangers. Then started clapping and shouting yes whenever McCulloch got the ball.

No one had any problem booing a Rangers board doing a terrible job so a player should be no different. Fan power got rid of that board so far power can get McCulloch dropped.

It's obvious why they were applauding him. And it wasn't 'approval'.

And there are a few massive, obvious differences with the board.

Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause. Philosophers disagree on what can be an object of loyalty as some argue that loyalty is strictly interpersonal and only other human beings can be the object of loyalty.

I don't think McCall really understands and calling it 'sickening' is actually sickening to me. McCulloch as a captain needs to speak up and tell the facts. He sohuld know he is not good enough in that position, but instead of doing what a captain should be just gets on with it and costs us goals, games and points.

It is embarrassing that those tramps from Edinburgh are both ahead of us, but we cannot take it away from them because they have done from the the start what we have not. Learn from mistakes.

Booing a player for getting picked and playing for us is pathetic.

Booing a player who has been with us for the best part of a decade and given us some very important goals is pathetic.

Booing a player who is now being played in a position that is so far out of where he has been for the rest of his career and is now 36 and clearly fading is pathetic.

He is not picking himself, so lay off him.

I have never seen an example of a player being booed by his own fans making anything any better.

I don't think I can recall many games on the telly where I've heard fans boo an individual from their own team. England once, maybe.

Must have happened more, but it certainly seems that we have a wee penchant for it for some reason.

McCoist, Mohsni, Letizi, Hateley, Konterman, Amoruso, Fraser, McCulloch.

Does anyone remember a similar situation Mid 80's involving Cammy Fraser? Copeland were cheering him and Govan were booing him every time he got the ball. This started a chant of "Yer only Tims in the Govan"!

Unusual in that it was probably the last time a song was started in the Copeland :-)

In all my years at Ibrox what I was always proud of most was how we welcomed back former Gers, not even legends...just Gers.

I found it incredible bheasts booed Larrson on his return to the dhump with Barcelona. I laughed and was proud of how superior we were.

What have we become...we now boo our own captain? We boo a player who has given us a decade of service, as I said albeit well paid as all other players have been, a loyal Rangers diehard with blue blood.

Yes it's time Jig was dropped, should he make that decision...how many other professionals have bee capable of making that decision for themselves? It should have been made for him, If McCall fails then this will be one of the fundament reasons IMO. It could cost him his job and our promotion but have a wee think before you choose to boo a man who so clearly lives and breathes Rangers...there aren't many left!

In all my years at Ibrox what I was always proud of most was how we welcomed back former Gers, not even legends...just Gers.

I found it incredible bheasts booed Larrson on his return to the dhump with Barcelona. I laughed and was proud of how superior we were.

What have we become...we now boo our own captain? We boo a player who has given us a decade of service, as I said albeit well paid as all other players have been, a loyal Rangers diehard with blue blood.

Yes it's time Jig was dropped, should he make that decision...how many other professionals have bee capable of making that decision for themselves? It should have been made for him, If McCall fails then this will be one of the fundament reasons IMO. It could cost him his job and our promotion but have a wee think before you choose to boo a man who so clearly breathes Rangers...there aren't many left!

All of a sudden when people don't like the way a player plays they develop ludicrous expectations of them.

All of a sudden when people don't like the way a player plays they develop ludicrous expectations of them.

True, I understand the frustration I really do, it's trully sickening and an indication of a widening disassociation between fans and our clubs traditions and values.

I don't think I can recall many games on the telly where I've heard fans boo an individual from their own team. England once, maybe.

Must have happened more, but it certainly seems that we have a wee penchant for it for some reason.

McCoist, Mohsni, Letizi, Amoruso, Fraser, McCulloch.

Hateley took some booing as well.IIRC.

It was assumed he was keeping McCoist on the bench when it was actually Johnston

It was assumed he was keeping McCoist on the bench when it was actually Johnston

Oh, aye, forgot him.

There is of course an element of irony there, booing a player for keeping out a player we also previously booed for being a duffer, incidentally who turned out to be our best ever goals scorer, fuck him a St Johnstone fan after all

I was applauding him just to piss off the booing cunts.

Mission accomplished.

Jig's times up , he's past it but the booing was unacceptable.

I was cringing at it today , even hoping he wouldn't get the ball after that , thinking what his family must be feeling sitting in the stands . I'm not usually the sensitive type , but it was the first thing that came into my mind today when it happened.

I can understand the frustration and agree we have better options , but today some crossed a line that we shouldn't have. As others have previously stated , he doesn't pick himself . And as for this supposed contract , honestly ? Does anyone really believe that a player dictates to our great club that he plays every game and they just accept that ! No chance.