The Booing Of Lee Mcculloch Today

I love everything about my club and become really frustrated how poor we play. Almost dominated for the entire game at Ibrox by a diddy team like Falkirk. The last few years has been hard to take for this bear. I remember when the authorities were threatening to withhold our membership and we might not be able to compete in the league. No friendlies were allowed and we were given temporary licence just before our first league 3 match (against brechin iirc) and I like other supporters said we would watch our club play in the streets than bend to the witch hunt against our club. That's why I watch in despair that our supporters could even consider booing one of our own whilst we face so many enemies. Our captain has his best years behind him,however, he is no worse than many around him. Yes let's have our opinions but refrain from booing, It is not only upsetting but it's not exactly going to help our team improve the performance. WATP

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is hugely different. Fans are alot more than simply wage payers and getting booed by hundreds in front of 35 000 people with no time to think about it or compose yourself is a bit different and likely to affect you differently to getting a reeling from your boss.

You've no met my boss :lol:

It is hugely different. Fans are alot more than simply wage payers and getting booed by hundreds in front of 35 000 people with no time to think about it or compose yourself is a bit different and likely to affect you differently to getting a reeling from your boss.

Playing football is also entiry different fri normal career progression, if you've been in your job 10 years and your pish you should stacking shelves, if in football you arrive at a club at 25, have a reasonable amount of success as part of a team and individually then as with any player in their late thirties begin to deteriorate as the end of your career beckons...sorry explain the similarities again! Ps I know the op wasn't you!

Aye true, he was a constant fuck up until he was sent up front tbf but he did look visibly taken aback.

I don't want to add to his woes, but he defended better for Falkirk on one occasion in the second half than he did for us in the whole game when he tried to go for an attacking header and somehow contrived to turn it into a clearing header.

Wasn't that McGregor?

McGregor was just as bad as McCulloch today, btw.

No i think it was Mculloch, McGregor was out wide at the time.

Difference is McGregor has had a great season and when he made mistakes today he got back and recovered. The overall negative effect Mculloch has on the team goes against him as well.

No i think it was Mculloch, McGregor was out wide at the time.

Difference is McGregor has had a great season and when he made mistakes today he got back and recovered. The overall negative effect Mculloch has on the team goes against him as well.

Yeah, McGregor definitely has leeway. But he was shite today. Second half, anyway.

Aye true, he was a constant fuck up until he was sent up front tbf but he did look visibly taken aback.

Maybe the reality that he's not the Rangers captain and team leader that he thought he was has hit him. Honestly that interview he did after the sending off against Hearts just soured it for me.

In all my years at Ibrox what I was always proud of most was how we welcomed back former Gers, not even legends...just Gers.

I found it incredible bheasts booed Larrson on his return to the dhump with Barcelona. I laughed and was proud of how superior we were.

What have we become...we now boo our own captain? We boo a player who has given us a decade of service, as I said albeit well paid as all other players have been, a loyal Rangers diehard with blue blood.

Yes it's time Jig was dropped, should he make that decision...how many other professionals have bee capable of making that decision for themselves? It should have been made for him, If McCall fails then this will be one of the fundament reasons IMO. It could cost him his job and our promotion but have a wee think before you choose to boo a man who so clearly lives and breathes Rangers...there aren't many left!

I have to agree with this. I've not read the rest of the thread but the blame lies with McCall for playing him.

He needs dropped and ASAP but I absolutely wasn't comfortable with him being booed.

I don't want to add to his woes, but he defended better for Falkirk on one occasion in the second half than he did for us in the whole game when he tried to go for an attacking header and somehow contrived to turn it into a clearing header.

:lol: That's right.

A boy stood up behind me and let fly with a torrent of abuse and I had to try and keep a straight face when the wee fella asked me why the man was shouting the F word.

That was some fucking save the keeper pulled off from him as well.

Yeah, McGregor definitely has leeway. But he was shite today. Second half, anyway.

I said it today there's literally none of these players that i'd be sad about losing. Whilst some of them have done okay it's still not enough for me to care about whether they stay or go.

Maybe the reality that he's not the Rangers captain and team leader that he thought he was has hit him. Honestly that interview he did after the sending off against Hearts just soured it for me.

I doubt it, he comes across as type of guy who needs told he's finished.

He should never have got back in after that red card, McCall can preach all he likes about the captain leading by example but we've yet to see it.

The thing is he will start at Tynecastle even though he's a major problem in that lineup, more questions should be directed at McCall during the press conferences regarding his selection regardless of form.

I doubt it, he comes across as type of guy who needs told he's finished.

He should never have got back in after that red card, McCall can preach all he likes about the captain leading by example but we've yet to see it.

The thing is he will start at Tynecastle even though he's a major problem in that lineup, more questions should be directed at McCall during the press conferences regarding his selection regardless of form.

That's true right enough. He was talking about staying after he was sent off against Hearts. God i hope he dosen't get a new deal.

That's true right enough. He was talking about staying after he was sent off against Hearts. God i hope he dosen't get a new deal.

If it's still McCall in charge I wouldn't rule it out, such a shame as well as it was a breath of fresh air seeing that line up today with a few boys in the team.

I was embarrassed at people booing him today. Sit beside guys who've watched rangers since the 70s and they left when the booing started and wouldn't let up. Seemed to be coming from the loyal union bears and the neds who've attended one game a season that sat in the broomloan now and today.

McCulloch is finished and has never been a centre half. He ain't picking the team, he's playing where he's been asked to. But to boo a rangers captain and a guy who gives his all. as good or as bad as he is, is a disgrace. Hang your heads in shame.

I was embarrassed at people booing him today. Sit beside guys who've watched rangers since the 70s and they left when the booing started and wouldn't let up. Seemed to be coming from the loyal union bears and the neds who've attended one game a season that sat in the broomloan now and today.

McCulloch is finished and has never been a centre half. He ain't picking the team, he's playing where he's been asked to. But to boo a rangers captain and a guy who gives his all. as good or as bad as he is, is a disgrace. Hang your heads in shame.

He's never a Rangers captain and I'd seriously dispute that he gives his all.

Not that booing any Rangers player is particularly helpful but there really is no defending McCulloch on any level, he is an out and out failure

Must be honest here, if paying fans are fed up and want to boo him in my book they have every right to, same as those who wanted to cheer for their own reasons. They paid the money to air their views then so be it.

Why Jig is in central defence is a conundrum though, we can all see he holds the line back, we can all see he is too bloody slow, we all suspect his central partner is too shit scared to do anything as they may have to cover him (except Mosh on his "Zidane esq" runs forward) and we can all see he is about as motivational to the players on the park as a cabbage would be. Why is he firstly in that position and secondly in the bloody team?

I said a few weeks ago it might be best for all involved if the bloke getting paid £14K or more a week and getting booed for shite play then he would be better feigning an injury until the end of the season and I still believe it, we are fine without him. In fact for £14K a week I will pretend I have no arms and can't speak English for a year or two if anyone wants to pay to see me week in week out?

Must be honest here, if paying fans are fed up and want to boo him in my book they have every right to, same as those who wanted to cheer for their own reasons. They paid the money to air their views then so be it.

Why Jig is in central defence is a conundrum though, we can all see he holds the line back, we can all see he is too bloody slow, we all suspect his central partner is too shit scared to do anything as they may have to cover him (except Mosh on his "Zidane esq" runs forward) and we can all see he is about as motivational to the players on the park as a cabbage would be. Why is he firstly in that position and secondly in the bloody team?

I said a few weeks ago it might be best for all involved if the bloke getting paid £14K or more a week and getting booed for shite play then he would be better feigning an injury until the end of the season and I still believe it, we are fine without him. In fact for £14K a week I will pretend I have no arms and can't speak English for a year or two if anyone wants to pay to see me week in week out?

No Rangers Captain should ever ever be booed by a Rangers support during a game. He doesnt pick the side and SM doing so may end up costing him the full time post unless as its been said that 4 players when fit must play due to their T&Cs.

If as you say he is on 14k a week the people involved in giving him that contract are as much to blame, Im sure many 33 year old players would never turn down a contract like that even if you knew you could harm your past reputation with the fans because in year further down the line history rewrites its self and he will be a saviour of us I 10 years time while doing the after dinner circuit.

Get a grip he cost us points not for the first time this season. he deserved the wrath of the fans. had it been Mohsni there would have been numerous threads on here berating him.

Jig needs to be dropped and booted out the door, he is finished.

To those saying booing players is not helpful, it must be wonderful to be in total control of your emotions at such a critical point in the season. some of us just need to let off steam.

Ps dont worry about Lee, he had a great night at the post match karaoke

I love to be at games where fans pick on a certain player to boo, and jeer.

Usually it's a player from the opposition, and normally, though not always, the player getting jeered tends to be a decent player.

"The fans don't boo bad players" is a phrase that's used in most cases, though not applicable to this case.

Should Jig be booed by our own fans? Probably not, but the support is frustrated, and looking for someone to blame, so now Jig is the bogeyman. Everything is his fault!

I like a good boo at a game, but not usually the current captain.

Jig has never been Rangers class, he's only tolerated because he's a fellow Bear.

McCall should drop him for the remainder of the season, and he should not be offered a new contract, even if it is just to save him from the backlash, that I believe, would follow, if his contract was extended.

Wasn't that McGregor?

McGregor was just as bad as McCulloch today, btw.

Not even close. He pulled Mccullochs arse out of the fire more than once. When he did screw up he didn't wave his arms about appealing for a non existent offence he took responsibility and chased back to try and make amends. It's some handicap being played out of position in the first half and then being the only one of a back four who resembles a defender in the second half.

The guy was poor and must not be signed for next season, however the same could be said about many within our club this season, albeit Jig is the Captain and should be beyond reproach.

Disgusting way to treat him though, Captain or not.