Rangers In England

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyre as big as we are, we have a 50,000 seater stadium, theirs is just over 45,000. What does Rangers have that Liverpool doesnt that would make us such world beaters.

After 5, 10 years, with good financial backing we could end up settling in the EPL and then we could possibly build over another 5, 10 years and compete. But the fact is we would never make it to the EPL.

The only way it could work is if we were placed directly in the EPL and received major backing in the first year, just to ensure we didnt get relegated.

But apart from our rich History the only thing we have over some English clubs is a stadium like Ibrox. But all of the top 4 and most clubs in the EPL have a similar sized stadium, so its not like we'd be much more of an attraction to players than any other EPL club especially the top 4.

England could end up doing us more harm than good. Whos going to travel from Glasgow to Reading for a half 12 kickoff? Not 20,000 folk anyway.

At the moment we would be Division 2 maybe mid table. I would think within 10 yrs we could if well run be in the EPL and given a bit of time in the top 8. Can't see us get much higher unless you have some Billionaire willing to spend a bit of cash promoting us

Got to look at the question in context. We would, in our present state, finish just outside the relegation zone. Then given the TV money and assuming we have a professional scouting network we we likely finish in a play off slot. The Rangers name is a huge draw for players, the de Boer brothers didn't sign to play in Scotland they signed to play for the club. Could we realistically do something in England? I have no idea.

Got to look at the question in context. We would, in our present state, finish just outside the relegation zone. Then given the TV money and assuming we have a professional scouting network we we likely finish in a play off slot. The Rangers name is a huge draw for players, the de Boer brothers didn't sign to play in Scotland they signed to play for the club. Could we realistically do something in England? I have no idea.

That's the thing mate, of course we would do something. As you say the Rangers name is huge and with the financial backing we would receive from playing in England, and obviously the better players that you could also attract would without doubt make us a much better prospect. Within 5 years we would be a force, of that I have no doubt at all.

That was 10-15 years ago. Football has changed and the Rangers name probably means nothing to the majority of people outside Scotland.