Andy Little.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a difficult ask, but he absolutely is worse. He's better than Mohsni, actually. I'll give you that.

A few goals against binmen and postmen who had been working 9AM-5PM that week made sections of our support oblivious to his absolute lack of footballing ability and intelligence.

His performance against Celtic at Parkhead, the one after administration when they beat us three-nil, was probably the most out-of-his-depth I've ever seen a player in my life.

He was out of contract that summer, after a few unspectacular loan spells, and would have been flipping burgers had we not been relegated and had to retain his service.

Him and Perry were never going to be good enough; better, younger and more ambitious players progressed to the first team and moved on before they got a sniff.

His performance when he came on as a sub against Brechin City at Ibrox still haunts me. He looked like he had never seen a football in his life. 20 minutes of unadulterated crap.

Fucking harsh to be honest. Aye ok he was never going to be a world beater, but he's s good honest pro that was definitely good enough to still be playing for us this season, his work rate alone would get him above Boyd ffs.

He was murder. He would have been even more useless this season if the rest of the team is anything to go by.

And what's your point ? Can't think of any player in our team right now that would have warranted a place 10 years ago. Little is no worse than the majority of our squad.

My point is he was released and rightly so because he is a poor footballer. Frankly it baffles me that you can say he's good enough to be still playing for us unless you're taking the piss.

My point is he was released and rightly so because he is a poor footballer.

If we released every poor footballer we have right now we'd probably be stuck with a team of about 3 players ffs. Little like I said is no world beater but ffs we have worse players still at the club.

If we released every poor footballer we have right now we'd probably be stuck with a team of about 3 players ffs. Little like I said is no world beater but ffs we have worse players still at the club.

I disagree. All of the strikers still at the club are far better players than Little. Not saying they are all great strikers who deserve to be here, just far better than Andy Little.

I disagree. All of the strikers still at the club are far better players than Little. Not saying they are all great strikers who deserve to be here, just far better than Andy Little.

Boyd, Daly and even Miller are no better than Little in my opinion, they may all have been in their day, but sadly that day has long past for all of them.

Boyd, Daly and even Miller are no better than Little in my opinion, they may all have been in their day, but sadly that day has long past for all of them.

Even with their best days behind them I'd still rather them than Little. His only decent season came in the lowest tier of Scottish football, never saw anything from him to suggest he could be a regular goal scorer against anything other than part time players.

There's like ten years between Kenny Miller and Andy Little for a start. Miller has also played in the EPL, English Championship, SPL and had stints in the US and Turkey. He was also a consist player for Scotland over the years. He's done nowadays, but Stevie Wonder can see that.

Little, on the other hand, would never have been retained in 2012 if we hadn't been demoted to the Third Division. He was good when he was playing against postmen and bricklayers. In the SPL, he looked out of his depth in a lot of matches. He has eight caps for Northern Ireland, yes, but Northern Ireland have boys from English League One and Two in their international squads anyway. They're not a great team themselves. Give it another year or two and Little will be at Linfield along with Chris Hegarty (another who would have never been retained, had we not been demoted in 2012).

He is by no means great but we would have been far better keeping him than bringing in Boyd and Miller.

Boyd and Miller are both done nowadays. But they are accomplished strikers. Little isn't. Little was only firing them in left, right and centre when it was against part-time sides who's players work nine-til-five during the week. Give it a year or two and Little will be at Linfield.

Andy little might not have been as prolific a goal scorer as Boyd on his first term at Rangers or Miller but we cant say any of these two or Daly for that matter have set the heather on fire this season.Would he have worked up front this season we will never know as he was just another young player let go or not given a chance by the 3 wise monkeys who were so blinkered by " experience" to cover up their own incompetence thinking that the tried and trusted would somehow drag this sorry excuse for a Rangers team over the finishing line.

Andy little might not have been as prolific a goal scorer as Boyd on his first term at Rangers or Miller but we cant say any of these two or Daly for that matter have set the heather on fire this season.Would he have worked up front this season we will never know as he was just another young player let go or not given a chance by the 3 wise monkeys who were so blinkered by " experience" to cover up their own incompetence thinking that the tried and trusted would somehow drag this sorry excuse for a Rangers team over the finishing line.

Just another young player let go? Andy Little is 25 mate, 26 in a fortnight. If you've not made it by that age you never will IMO.

My point was we will never know whether he would have been any worse or better than Boyd,Miller,or Daly as he like others wasn't given the chance to prove himself in this league.Just like Telfer Murdoch,Walsh,Hardie were never given any chance either under the wise monkeys and never would have been if they were still there or for that matter Gasparatto still so are they not good enough either because they couldn't get anywhere near the bench for such super stars as "Parrelta" or just like Charlie Adam who as you say hadn't made it by the time he was 24 so punted.Funny old game I don't think Charlie Adam will be dreading that transfer but he was yet another who "wasn't good enough for the Rangers"