Rst Statement On Snp Candidates 'h**' Comments

eskbankloyal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is time for a new force in Scottish politics. A unionist coallition of sorts, the separate Labour and Conservative vote really is no match for the SNP "zealot" voters, which has been enhanced since the independance referendum. As has been said, these SNP members and voters do not care about the political details of the SNP, post referendum. However, as has been proven by the NO vote, they are still in the minority. It is time to put together a party ( which may well be a combination of Labour, Conservative and Lib Dems representatives) in order to utilise the 55% vote in the Scottish Parliment. If not, then independance is inevatabile.

The wife just sent an e mail to sturgeon,we will wait with bated breath for a reply

Well done mate.

I've emailed her on a few occasions about other matters but she didn't reply.

But but... the working class-freedom fighter only wants a stronger voice for Scotland !!!!!!!

Ahh, the old "it means Rangers fans" line.

The traditional Irish folk song "The Foggy Dew" must be talking about Rangers when it refers to "Britannia's H*** with their long range guns".

I know your not defending the use of the word but it is also used to describe Hearts, Killie and Motherwell by those who are bigots.

They clubs have a perceived Protestant majority backing as well and get the same label

I know your not defending the use of the word but it is also used to describe Hearts, Killie and Motherwell by those who are bigots.

They clubs have a perceived Protestant majority backing as well and get the same label

Exactly. The word has a history of use by Irish nationalists to refer to the British enemy, as the song shows. It's a political slur. I'm not offended by it but let's call it what it is. The argument that it means "Rangers fan" betrays either a lack of knowledge of their own cultural history or just plain old-fashioned dishonesty.

You've got it all wrong, I've been called a H-- by hertz and killie ken supporters.

As the song goes............"No one likes us, we don't care...........