Unemployment And Our Teams Insipid Performances

Thermopylae

It has been widely reported that 14 of our players are unemployed in a months time and I wonder if this is one of the reasons that there is a lack of commitment?

I'm sure the players have discussed this in the dressing room when the manager isn't around and all came to the same conclusion that they would never get a good contract anywhere if they were to pick up a bad injury in the last few games of the season so is it really that surprising that they are now giving less than 100%

I don't see it that way.

I see plenty of effort from most of them, maybe not so much skill, or concentration at times.

I would expect the thought of imminent unemployment to be a spur to prove worthy of a new contract - be it at Ibrox or elsewhere.

Although there is the odd case that someone has been tapped up and maybe a couple of retirals.

I don't see many of these out of contract players being picked up anywhere else for the money they are earning with us anyway.

I think perhaps there could be a lack of stability in their minds, but lets be honest now, that's just creating excuses for professional, (some are mildly) talented footballers who have been performing under-par at absolute best ALL season.

I don't see it that way.
I see plenty of effort from most of them, maybe not so much skill, or concentration at times.

I would expect the thought of imminent unemployment to be a spur to prove worthy of a new contract - be it at Ibrox or elsewhere.
Although there is the odd case that someone has been tapped up and maybe a couple of retirals.

I'm bound to say if they had played the whole game the way they finished it on Saturday then we would have won so I do think the attitude is not all it should be ... so far as them playing well to get a new contract goes perhaps they have realised that no one is going to take a chance on them because of a few decent games after stinking the place out for 3 seasons

I don't see many of these out of contract players being picked up anywhere else for the money they are earning with us anyway.

I think perhaps there could be a lack of stability in their minds, but lets be honest now, that's just creating excuses for professional, (some are mildly) talented footballers who have been performing under-par at absolute best ALL season.

We have been performing poorly for 3 seasons it's just this is the first one we have had half way decent opposition to show it up

on a side note, are we able to extend contracts until after the FertZ game next week, iirc Haris Vučkić signed until the end of the season with that date (2nd May) so where does that leave the play offs and all the others whose contracts finish then?? - just a thought!

It has been widely reported that 14 of our players are unemployed in a months time and I wonder if this is one of the reasons that there is a lack of commitment?

I'm sure the players have discussed this in the dressing room when the manager isn't around and all came to the same conclusion that they would never get a good contract anywhere if they were to pick up a bad injury in the last few games of the season so is it really that surprising that they are now giving less than 100%

There are probably plenty unemployed Bears coming to watch them spending money they can ill afford so they should think on !

on a side note, are we able to extend contracts until after the FertZ game next week, iirc Haris Vučkić signed until the end of the season with that date (2nd May) so where does that leave the play offs and all the others whose contracts finish then?? - just a thought!

It's a terrible situation that we have spent so much on the player pool over the last 3 years and yet it's all falling to pieces just when a return to the top division beckons :anguish:

Actually find it quite interesting just how many of our players contracts expire at the end of this season. Almost as if McCoist had specifically built a squad for the lower leagues with the intention of a full rebuild for the top tier.

You don't half talk some gibberish at times ! That Coisty a misunderstood genius !

Look at Lovenkrands for proof that its usually the opposite that happens when a players deals up... or Rooney, when he wanted his new bumper deal he pulled the finger out.

I genuinely think most of the squad are happy they'll be away in the summer...

The most fascinating one for me will be McCulloch as surely no right minded manager would approve of him being offered a deal, but nothing would suprise me, half expected to wake up today to the news he'd been offered a new deal as some sort of pity gesture for the obvious emotional pain he suffered as those bad men who boo'd him....:lol:

THAT could be a blessing though, as I believe he is like McCoist and thinks hes some kind of god to the fans and can do no wrong...

That is why the minute McCall walked in the door, each and every one of them should have played their last game and been told they had no future. Maybe even coming to a termination agreement with the club. The fact some of the out of contract 12 are still playing is a disgrace. Our squad is big enough that we don't need them and good enough that without those 12 our team would actually be stronger.

That is why the minute McCall walked in the door, each and every one of them should have played their last game and been told they had no future. Maybe even coming to a termination agreement with the club. The fact some of the out of contract 12 are still playing is a disgrace. Our squad is big enough that we don't need them and good enough that without those 12 our team would actually be stronger.

pish

Actually find it quite interesting just how many of our players contracts expire at the end of this season. Almost as if McCoist had specifically built a squad for the lower leagues with the intention of a full rebuild for the top tier.

That was his plan all along IMO, rather than get Danny Wilson on a 4 year deal for example, he got cribari, then mohsni on shorter deals... ditto for likes of Black instead of targeting young , hungry players on longer deals, Im sure Allan and McLean would haven't had hesitated at signing 4-5 year deals....yes, I know those deals aren't common anymore...but it was a unique situation..

IMO he knew he was signing garbage, and he would have walked at the end of this season had he got us up.....and left his successor a hell of a rebuilding job....wonder where he got that idea from........very similar to what his best bud done in 98 eh...

It's very hard to disagree ... why would they continue to risk their careers with no contracts on the table?

Not trying in games, as you are suggesting, is risking their careers more than anything. Clubs looking at free transfers for next season wouldn't touch them.

I think most clubs will have made up their minds about them ... I really can't see a few decent games tagged on the end of a season as disastrous as this one is going to make any difference

It was when lovenkrands played some of his beat football.

These guys should be trying to sell themselves, as they will find it hard to get contracts else where on their current performances.

I agree they should have been putting in good performances since the turn of the year but it hasn't happened ... I think once it gets to the last few games it's just not worth them taking the chance of picking up something nasty

Players will always find a club, 9.9 times out of 10, at some level. These guys know they won't get Rangers level money anywhere else, every one of them who leave will have to come to terms with a lower wage packet and a smaller club. I am sure most will have clubs lined up also. Unless they have been promised a new contract at Rangers dependant on the league we are in.