Unemployment And Our Teams Insipid Performances

Thermopylae

That is why the minute McCall walked in the door, each and every one of them should have played their last game and been told they had no future. Maybe even coming to a termination agreement with the club. The fact some of the out of contract 12 are still playing is a disgrace. Our squad is big enough that we don't need them and good enough that without those 12 our team would actually be stronger.

The only players of those out of contract who have been playing regularly under McCall are Miller, Jig and McGregor. The rest have been nowhere to be seen apart from a fleeting subs appearance. Are you saying that McGregor should have been shown the door immediately, he has been our most consistent player. Miller I would agree has been a huge disappointment and Jig plays in a position we have very little back up for....

The only players of those out of contract who have been playing regularly under McCall are Miller, Jig and McGregor. The rest have been nowhere to be seen apart from a fleeting subs appearance. Are you saying that McGregor should have been shown the door immediately, he has been our most consistent player. Miller I would agree has been a huge disappointment and Jig plays in a position we have very little back up for....

McGregor isn't out of contract.

Age and experience beats youth and stupidity every time !

Seen you slating another poster for his spelling and grammar in another thread so I feel it's only polite to make you aware that there's not actually supposed to be a space between your final word and the exclamation mark.

Tedious I know, but god forbid a simple mistake gets you tagged as a tim on here...

Said before who is going to say we definitely need to keep any of the following regardless of how they play between now and the final kick of the ball this season whenever that may be

Simmonsen,Foster,Faure,Smith,McCulloch,Moshni,Zaliukas,Black,Hutton,Templeton,Daly,Boyd,Miller surely no one thinks that any of these players have any kind of future at the Rangers.

Whether they actually become unemployed or move pretty much straight away to other clubs the plain dark point for each of them is they will leave Rangers as failures to one degree or another. If we fail to win promotion this season then their failure is complete. As full a failure as failure gets. If we do win promotion by some shift of luck (because it will be more luck than skill, effort and determination judging by the vast majority of performances this season) then less of a failure but failures nevertheless - because they should have done way so much better. And they know it.

Unemployed. Ironic perhaps that the person who should be unemployed as a result of abject managerial failure is sitting at home and taking in around £60k a month for the privilege of having produced the worst Rangers team ever and produced a set of results and performances that leave us with every possibility of missing out on promotion this season. A ridiculous state of affairs that a new Board consistently fails to tackle. Add McD to the mix and that is a lot of money spent on managerial failures. Worse still they will be being rewarded for their managerial failures well into next season assuming the Board continues to do nothing and remains silent in doing nothing about this. Here's a question for the Board. How many STs will need to be sold for next season just to pay for the privilege of paying failed managers. How many thousand STs need to be sold before ST money stops paying for this seasons failures? How many ST holders will be sitting in seats at Ibrox suspecting that its their ST money that continues to pay for this seasons managerial failures. Not the best way to enter into a new season. But then does the Board care about this? Who knows. The best we had from Murray a few weeks ago on his Jim T RTV interview was that he would need to sit down with McCoist and is representatives to discuss. Well done Board for being open, honest and transparent on this so far.........but since then ......... nothing. All will be revealed in the fullness of time no doubt. But it sure will be interesting to see what reaction the Board gets if it offers STs for sale when still paying for the abject managerial mistakes. Perhaps the first to be made unemployed should be those who were paid more than handsomely to achieve agreed objectives and failed to do so.

Unemployed. What about the non-playing, non-football employees at Rangers? What risk of unemployment might they face if there is no promotion this season. Does the Board plan to retain staff regardless of which league we are in - or is there an inevitability of some unemployment of the players do not deliver promotion? Why raise this? Well there has long been a need to reduce costs at Rangers. Burning around £1m a month with insufficient income to cover costs is not sustainable. We all know DL was actively cutting costs. What we don't know is whether a cull of players will be sufficient to drag costs down below expected revenue from ST sales and merchandising. I'm discounting Director investment here because so far its just been rhetoric and empty promises other than for some meagre sticking plaster loans and in any event does the Board really want to limp along next season from loan to loan to cover shortfall in income over costs? Will football failure to win promotion not only cost players their jobs but - and far more seriously - cost non playing staff their jobs too? Who knows. The Board is bound to know or at least be clear by now on what needs to happen if we do not win promotion. But again, in the name of being a professional Board, silence is the order of the day until the football outcome is known. Could be in a few weeks if we blow it in the first play off game. Or a month from now if we make it all the way to playing whoever finishes 2nd bottom in the top league. But after then surely the time for Board silence ends and its down to King and Murray to show if they really do have a credible plan.

Unemployed. Its the last thing that's going to happen to this Board for quite some time. And they know it. Nobody contending for their jobs. Nobody pissing on them from the outside. No Reqs to contend with. No agitators leading the charge for boycotts of ST sales or of merchandise sales. Nobody in the media having a go at them. They have a 'I'm all right Jack' comfy position. For a while anyway. Might not be so comfy if we find ourselves in the Championship next season and - even worse - find ourselves a year from now wondering if we might win promotion through play offs. And worse still, wondering how to fund the following season if not promoted. The Board has a very big task whether we are promoted or not promoted but at least they are not facing unemployment are they.

on a side note, are we able to extend contracts until after the FertZ game next week, iirc Haris Vučkić signed until the end of the season with that date (2nd May) so where does that leave the play offs and all the others whose contracts finish then?? - just a thought!

im sure you have to register the players with the league on a short term contract (1 month) to enable them to play in the playoffs. Its happend a few times with teams getting to scottish cup finals after the league season finishes and the contract has expired

I'm bound to say if they had played the whole game the way they finished it on Saturday then we would have won so I do think the attitude is not all it should be ... so far as them playing well to get a new contract goes perhaps they have realised that no one is going to take a chance on them because of a few decent games after stinking the place out for 3 seasons

That kind of last 10 minute intensity happens reasonably often in the kind of situation we were in on Saturday. It's not a 'lack of commitment' phenomenon.

See Rangers v Marseille as perhaps the prime example.

It's very hard to disagree ... why would they continue to risk their careers with no contracts on the table?

Who would be more likely to get a new club Vuckic or any of the other wasters ?

i ask this, ignoring his loan status as its just an example, because players in a team with such a shit playing reputation, must surely know their only chance of escaping that typecasting is to stand out.

Otherwise they are tarred with the same brush. Injury risks shouldn't come into it unless they already have a club lined up.

I would want to be in the very short list of players fans would keep. Not necessarily to stay here, just to be out of the useless pack everyone wants dumped. I use the fans as an example here as the mabagers, pundits and media usually feel much the same way on who is worth it and who is not.

That kind of last 10 minute intensity happens reasonably often in the kind of situation we were in on Saturday. It's not a 'lack of commitment' phenomenon.

See Rangers v Marseille as perhaps the prime example.

To be fair we have probably lost more points in the last 10 minutes this season than we have gained so Stuart has made improvements

Who would be more likely to get a new club Vuckic or any of the other wasters ?

i ask this, ignoring his loan status as its just an example, because players in a team with such a shit playing reputation, must surely know their only chance of escaping that typecasting is to stand out.

Otherwise they are tarred with the same brush. Injury risks shouldn't come into it unless they already have a club lined up.

I would want to be in the very short list of players fans would keep. Not necessarily to stay here, just to be out of the useless pack everyone wants dumped. I use the fans as an example here as the mabagers, pundits and media usually feel much the same way on who is worth it and who is not.

Surely they will only get a new club in the summer if they can prove their fitness? None of them are good enough for a future employer to take a chance on