King Appointed Chairman, And Statement.

Siam69

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9346-king-appointed-chairman

Friday, 22 May 2015 21:00

King Appointed Chairman

Written by Rangers Football Club

5075a6fe16a5257dfd6b352fd416953f_XL.jpg

RANGERS International Football Club PLC is pleased to announce that Dave King has been appointed Chairman of the Board. Mr King takes over from Paul Murray, who was appointed Interim Chairman when a new Board was formed after the General Meeting of March 6.

Mr King had to wait until the Scottish FA’s Fit and Proper process cleared him to become a Director and when that clearance arrived on Tuesday (May 19) afternoon Mr King, along with his colleagues on the Board, immediately began the task of restructuring Rangers.

After having been installed as Chairman at a Board meeting today he said: "It has taken much longer than any of us had anticipated to bring about Board changes but we have achieved that and I am deeply honoured to become the Club’s Chairman.

"This is a privileged position and I do not accept it lightly. Our Club is a massive one, a great Club and it is my intention to make sure Rangers will now move forward with confidence and great optimism.

"It might be some time before we are able to shelve some of the appalling things that this Club has been subjected to. It is important to remember the events of recent years to ensure that they are not repeated but it is equally important not to dwell on them. Rangers has to build towards a brighter future and none of us should be in any doubt that a lot of hard work will be required.

"Our main focus is firmly on the future and we have to prepare for that through an intelligent funding strategy. Greater detail will be revealed very soon after our interest in the SPFL play-offs has been concluded.

"We have to settle on the correct team management structure and we must make sure the new players who come here are capable and worthy of wearing Rangers jerseys because this is a huge Club. One only has to look at the media interest and coverage generated by Rangers to see that. It is now up to the Board to make choices and decisions that will drive the Club forward to success on and off the field.

"The supporters might not always agree with the decisions made but every fan can be assured Rangers best interests will be to the fore at all times. Their needs will also be recognised because they have played a big part in ensuring our survival.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Murray who had no hesitation in stepping forward at a difficult time just after the General Meeting in early March. He has worked extremely hard to deal with the myriad problems that he inherited and Rangers should be grateful to Paul for his support and determination to help force change.

"Finally, I would like to say that I will do my best to protect the interests of this club and restore its values and traditions. It has been a long struggle but the unity demonstrated throughout should make us stronger and more determined than ever to succeed."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go:

RANGERS International Football Club PLC is pleased to announce that Dave King has been appointed Chairman of the Board. Mr King takes over from Paul Murray, who was appointed Interim Chairman when a new Board was formed after the General Meeting of March 6.

Mr King had to wait until the Scottish FA’s Fit and Proper process cleared him to become a Director and when that clearance arrived on Tuesday (May 19) afternoon Mr King, along with his colleagues on the Board, immediately began the task of restructuring Rangers.

After having been installed as Chairman at a Board meeting today he said: "It has taken much longer than any of us had anticipated to bring about Board changes but we have achieved that and I am deeply honoured to become the Club’s Chairman.

"This is a privileged position and I do not accept it lightly. Our Club is a massive one, a great Club and it is my intention to make sure Rangers will now move forward with confidence and great optimism.

"It might be some time before we are able to shelve some of the appalling things that this Club has been subjected to. It is important to remember the events of recent years to ensure that they are not repeated but it is equally important not to dwell on them. Rangers has to build towards a brighter future and none of us should be in any doubt that a lot of hard work will be required.

"Our main focus is firmly on the future and we have to prepare for that through an intelligent funding strategy. Greater detail will be revealed very soon after our interest in the SPFL play-offs has been concluded.

"We have to settle on the correct team management structure and we must make sure the new players who come here are capable and worthy of wearing Rangers jerseys because this is a huge Club. One only has to look at the media interest and coverage generated by Rangers to see that. It is now up to the Board to make choices and decisions that will drive the Club forward to success on and off the field.

"The supporters might not always agree with the decisions made but every fan can be assured Rangers best interests will be to the fore at all times. Their needs will also be recognised because they have played a big part in ensuring our survival.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Murray who had no hesitation in stepping forward at a difficult time just after the General Meeting in early March. He has worked extremely hard to deal with the myriad problems that he inherited and Rangers should be grateful to Paul for his support and determination to help force change.

"Finally, I would like to say that I will do my best to protect the interests of this club and restore its values and traditions. It has been a long struggle but the unity demonstrated throughout should make us stronger and more determined than ever to succeed."

First time I've felt positive about a boardroom announcement over the last 3-4 years.

I doubt he'll spend all the money at once, which is sensible, but money will be coming into the club over the next few years.