Barca have stole our motto

RyanMac

When we played them last season this was highlighted (tu)

On the card handed out to fans it says something like, Barcelona, Like Rangers, Are More Than A Club.

Thats why the card display read " More than a club "

Tims werent too happy about are Relationship. As they have a special one with barca.

més que un club was first introduced by their founder, Joan Gamper back in 1908 after he saved the club from closure.

I was just about to say this.

"més que un club" has been Barca's motto for over 100 years. The saying became inscribed into Barca's history when their club president and proud Catalunyan, Jose Sunyol, was excecuted without trial by the then Spanish ruler, Franco. After the death of Sunyol, the Barca fans saw their club as the bastion of Catalan opposition to the rest of Spain and that was when the "més que un club" phrase became their main motto. Or so the story goes..

In any case, it was cringeworthy when we used the display cards to spell it out when we played them. It would be like them having a display that spelled out "We Are The People".

Barcelona are my favourite Spanish club despite their "pyoor speshul relationship" with the tims, and some of their fans political views remind me that of irish republicanism, especially because of their whole support for the ETA.

més que un club was first introduced by their founder, Joan Gamper back in 1908 after he saved the club from closure.

In any case, it was cringeworthy when we used the display cards to spell it out when we played them. It would be like them having a display that spelled out "We Are The People".

I have it framed up on the wall (tu)

When we played them last season this was highlighted (tu)

On the card handed out to fans it says something like, Barcelona, Like Rangers, Are More Than A Club.

Thats why the card display read " More than a club "

Tims werent too happy about are Relationship. As they have a special one with barca.

They seem to have special relationships with almost every club in Europe. Man Utd, Liverpool, Villarreal, Sevilla, Barcelona and thats just off the top of my head.

(tu) the Nou Camp tour is excellent.

I done the Nou Camp tour years back and admittedly, it was excellent. :ph34r:

Can't agree with either of you, went this summer. I went to the Camp Nou expecting to see this famous awe inspiring stadium, instead I got a manky hole of an arena fitting for a club like the tims not a huge club like Barca, top this off with being treated like cattle made the stadium "tour" a major let down. I hoped the club shop would soften the blow a little instead everything in the shop came with a complementary colonic.

Give me a real stadium tour like Ibrox any day of the week thanks

Can't agree with either of you, went this summer. I went to the Camp Nou expecting to see this famous awe inspiring stadium, instead I got a manky hole of an arena fitting for a club like the tims not a huge club like Barca, top this off with being treated like cattle made the stadium "tour" a major let down. I hoped the club shop would soften the blow a little instead everything in the shop came with a complementary colonic.

Bernebau is better than Barcas Nou Camp any day

Hmm...

I agree the Stadium is manky, but I did enjoy the tour.

But nobody treated me like cattle.

What did they do, slaughter you and carve you up for the barbie?

I done it about 8 years ago and the stadium was looking a bit shabby so i can believe that. The tour was excellent though and the guide really knew what he was talking about.

As QuestionMarc says, the Bernabeu is twice the stadium.

I done it about 8 years ago and the stadium was looking a bit shabby so i can believe that. The tour was excellent though and the guide really knew what he was talking about.

The Bernabeu is simply astounding the steepness of the stands and how close the seats are to the pitch ,The bowl shape means that wherever you sit you can see the pitch and the trophy room is astounding.Hopefully one day i will be able to go to game in the bernabeu .Maybe with the gers in 2012 for the champions league final or is it 2010

Hmm...

I agree the Stadium is manky, but I did enjoy the tour.

But nobody treated me like cattle.

What did they do, slaughter you and carve you up for the barbie?

No, they stopped just short of that. You enter the stadium and can walk around basically fenced in.

Thats something else they changed, you don't get a guide anymore, apparently that must be too inefficient, instead they charge you to enter the stadium, then expect you to pay again to get a recording of a tour guide on a tacky wee Barcelona mp3 player. This wouldn't be bad if they only let a few people in at a time but they stack em high in there aswell, hardly any room to move, which is another reason behind my cattle comment.