World's first undeground stadium

RyanMac

kbqdz9.jpg

fzb2v5.jpg

2m34dgg.jpg

9srm93.jpg

And over in doha, Qatar this incredible new stadium is being built for the Al-Ahli team to play in (not to be confused with the Egyptian Al-Ahli). Designed by MZ & Partners, it’s called “The Wall”, and will apparently be the world’s first underground stadium: open-air but air-conditioned. Welcome to the future kids.

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/t...nd-stadium.html

My question is how are they going to get sufficient light onto the surface for the grass to grow properly. I know a stadium used in the Germany World Cup has to actually move their pitch outside of the stadium so it can get sunlight and this one looks like even less light will get to the surface.

My question is how are they going to get sufficient light onto the surface for the grass to grow properly. I know a stadium used in the Germany World Cup has to actually move their pitch outside of the stadium so it can get sunlight and this one looks like even less light will get to the surface.

You can get the machines that move up and down the pitch with strong light coming out of them, i know it wouldn't be as good as normal sunlight but it would probably work.

Its Schalke's stadium. They put the pitch outside whenever the team isn't playing. Went on a tour of the stadium n its fuckin unbelievable. no as good as Ibrox mind u :mutley:

They play on grass in the middle east?

Its being built because its cooler underground rather than playing in the heat they get over there.

To the people who ask why should it be built, they have too much money etc:

Why build the Pyramids?

Why build the Empire State Building?

Why build the Twin Towers?

Architecture is constantly evolving as it has done throughout history and buildings and ideas like this one should be applauded!

It would be pretty dull if we all seen the same buildings everywhere we went!

[/rant]

:ninja:

It's fake

Yeah because someone is going to spend a good few hours on CAD, whipping up a scaled 3D model. Then when he's done, sending it to the footballing world for a reporter to write an article which is then published for the whole world to read, only for him to turn round and say its a fake. Sorry but that level of detail would require hours of research before a concept is even put in place. Then you would have a draft which would be put to engineers for analysis. This process would go on for x amount of drafts up until production has started, which it already has. Then you have the schematic, which as you can see is extremely detailed, and would have taken days of work to complete...

groundfloorplanfr5.jpg.

So in short - no, it's not a fake.

It's fake

Yeah because someone is going to spend a good few hours on CAD, whipping up a scaled 3D model. Then when he's done, sending it to the footballing world for a reporter to write an article which is then published for the whole world to read, only for him to turn round and say its a fake. Sorry but that level of detail would require hours of research before a concept is even put in place. Then you would have a draft which would be put to engineers for analysis. This process would go on for x amount of drafts up until production has started, which it already has. Then you have the schematic, which as you can see is extremely detailed, and would have taken days of work to complete...

groundfloorplanfr5.jpg.

So in short - no, it's not a fake.

ha, pmsl! shot down in flames!

Pretty cool tho...... what will they think of next? Underwater!