Joe Kinnear takes charge of Newcastle

Ibroxblue

Newcastle have named former Wimbledon and Luton Town manager Joe Kinnear as their interim boss until the end of October, succeeding Kevin Keegan.

The shock appointment follows news that Terry Venables turned down the role over concerns about job security.

The Magpies have been without a manager since Keegan departed, slumping to three defeats under Chris Hughton.

Kinnear, who has been out of work since resigning as Nottingham Forest boss in 2004, said: "I am very excited."

He added: "Results have not been great of late, but there is a lot of quality in the squad and I am very confident the players are capable of climbing the league table....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7637836.stm

Kinnear's a good football man, but he's from London.

Fans will hate him.

Listening to his interview on TalkSport just now. Kinnear says that Ashley said a buyer is confirmed , and the buyer has arranged to bring in Keegan and Shearer.

Kinnear's a good football man, but he's from London.

Fans will hate him.

Listening to his interview on TalkSport just now. Kinnear says that Ashley said a buyer is confirmed , and the buyer has arranged to bring in Keegan and Shearer.

So what's the problem with keeping CH in charge until the buyout goes through? Unless he doesn't want to stay that is, or the deal will take a lengthy time to go through *shrugs*

Good luck to Joe anyway, I wouldn't wish that job on anyone... except Strachan maybe

Despite him being portrayed as the victim in all of this I think Keegan should actually took a good look at himself.

Yes he doesn't get on with Ashley and yes he has been undermined by Wise & Jiminez but surely he could just go back now and work through gritted teeth until the takeover is complete?

He's putting his own wellbeing before the clubs and as a result they could easily be deep into a relegation battle by the time he does come back.

Despite him being portrayed as the victim in all of this I think Keegan should actually took a good look at himself.

Yes he doesn't get on with Ashley and yes he has been undermined by Wise & Jiminez but surely he could just go back now and work through gritted teeth until the takeover is complete?

He's putting his own wellbeing before the clubs and as a result they could easily be deep into a relegation battle by the time he does come back.