how many players do we need?

krissg910

when/if we get our sfa licence and are allowed to sign players how many do we need???

at the moment my opinion is we need atleast 10 in to make us have a big enough squad to compete properly.

if as i expect tht alexander, wallace, goian , edu , boca and maybe even kirk and bedoya also go that would take the number up to 17. with 2 weeks until start of season we are in an impossible situation.

question is how many do we need in? and how many will we get in?

my answers are 10+ we need in and i have no clue if or how many we will get.

We need SPL/Div1 quality players. I think our current squad would win division 3 but we can't afford to change half the team every year.

imo we should not be signing anyone on more than 1-2k week. i believe that will probs get you div 1 quality as any spl player moving to rangers would likely want a decent wage to play in the lower leagues

Take the squad the other night:

RANGERS: Alexander (Gallacher); Cole, Broadfoot, Hegarty, Wallace, Mitchell (Clark), Hutton, McLeod, Crawford (Naismith), Bedoya, McCulloch.

Perry and Hutton are missing from that an I assume that's our first team squad.

I don't think we need/will get 10 players or more in. The team that started the closed door game plus Perry, we have about 12 players who we recognise. Add to that a good few more youth players, I think we'll get about 6 or 7 in to make a squad of about 20 to 22 players. No more will be needed, and I don't think Green will be willing to shell out wages for many more players.

Take the squad the other night:

RANGERS: Alexander (Gallacher); Cole, Broadfoot, Hegarty, Wallace, Mitchell (Clark), Hutton, McLeod, Crawford (Naismith), Bedoya, McCulloch.

Perry and Hutton are missing from that an I assume that's our first team squad.

You just posted the team which had Hutton in it, then said he's missing?

I just imagine some young lads who always loved the rangers getting his chance when they wouldn't have previously, that would be a dream for any good young pro.

My father does the write ups for bonn accord summit in wishaw and says the team is full of young promising players who look like they have bright futures

I think we'd be fine with 5 excellent D3 players, ie. Teale, Black, Beattie etc.

Although we'll need to replace whoever leaves from Alexander, Bedoya, Wallace, McCulloch, Broadfoot, Hutton.