1. Rangers

1. Jimmy Bell's Kitroom

55 times the Champions of Scottish Football.

6m

Leaving times for Supporters Busses, Contact Information and more...

1. Politics & Current Affairs

Discuss the more serious world issues.

Everything in the sports world that is non-Rangers related.

1.2m

Discuss the latest in video gaming

Post your coupons, tips, offers, boasts, etc.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    EllonLoyal

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      10.2m
    • Not denying it’s a major major factor. But you’re also associating every failure with mentality. And also ignoring any successful periods that don’t align. We’ve basically only got 3 starters left from the Gerrard era.  For me 3 big factors have been 1) quality 2) squad depth 2) European runs For most of our title races we just haven’t had as good players as they have on the whole. They simply have more money than we do. But 55, their team was shit and had players checked out. We had arguably our best team with players in their prime, had few injuries and honestly just think we had the better team. Once Postecoglou came in and after January in particular. They just had better players and they definitely had more depth. Their player profile was younger and they were always papped out of Europe before Xmas.  Whilst we had periods where we could field a really strong starting eleven. But our replacements were garbage. We dropped points to Motherwell and County in games we were starting players like Itten and Diallo after midweek games to Dortmund. We caught up to them this season because they haven’t been the same quality on paper (especially without Carter vickers and Hatate). They dropped more points than they usually do. Whilst Clement got us firing with an intense press that created a load of chances for us. Gave us a load of control and suffocated teams. But we have a tiny squad of players you’d be happy starting. And our key players are in their 30s and we’ve relied on them to play every single minute because we have no replacements. Tav and Lundstrum were unanimously our best outfield players other than Sima. Gone over this ad nauseum. But they’ve played an insane amount of football. And anyone with 2 eyes can see they aren’t the same players they were when we were rag dolling Hearts. Mentality doesn’t explain why Lundstrum and Tav look like they’re towing a caravan again. Lundstrum had a spell where he was first to everything. Tav was up and down the line like his old self. Now he barely passes the half way line and looks like he’s running on fumes. Forgetting general shite play. But have you ever seen us be outrun and outfought so easily as these last few games. Thats mental and physical fatigue. Then you add in key injuries and our replacements are fucking miles off it. My guess is Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum will be here next year because they contribute enough when they are fresh. But gone are the days of signings like Lawrence. Clement will build a young and athletic squad capable of playing with the intensity he wants over a full season. And twice a week if need be with players that won’t get injured. And then he won’t have to run guys like Tav into the ground again. And I’m sure he’ll be looking for a new captain.
    • Caught a bit of this taking my grandson home from training and they played two interviews. One was Clement which most of us agree was all about protecting his players while there are still games to play. The other was Dujon Sterling being brutally honest about the last couple of games. He didn’t name names but he made it clear that, in his eyes, there was a shitload of underperforming going on. If anyone can find the clip (around 6.30ish) it’d be good to share it. He has become really important to us and his honesty was refreshing and a welcome change from the “we learn our lessons and move on” pish we normally get. Could become a major influence in future seasons, perhaps even a future captain if he impose himself more.
    • Fans right at the bam up 😂
    • I'm behind him but of for the 4th game in a row I see his line up and think wtf ill be worried.
    • Fair play to him for calling it out.  Better than the usual we need to do better shite.
  • Popular Contributors