Madrid's hunt for a number 9

TMWWBK

Was listening to the World football show on 5live ast night during my nightshift and they reckon Madrid will go for Adriano in January. He has fell out with Mourinho again and Madrid are very interested. They are also in for Arshavin aswell (tu)

nice article

rumours now that they are looking at Zaki for 20 Million fee is being flung around

£20mil??? I knew they wanted him, but if they got Van Der Vaart for (what was it?) 15mil euros, then that's throwing money away. Zaki is good, but nowhere near that good.

I knew they wanted him, but that's high.

As i say, Benzema is seen as an end of term option, and i imagine Drogba and Tevez are much the same.

Santa Cruz is a good shout, DBBTB, but like Llorente, i just dont think he's what Madrid are after.

As i say, Benzema is seen as an end of term option, and i imagine Drogba and Tevez are much the same.

Santa Cruz is a good shout, DBBTB, but like Llorente, i just dont think he's what Madrid are after.

With all of Madrid's current problems, do you think that a ST is the number 1 target in January? I think they could do with a winger, and some major defensive help as well. Maybe Ramon Calderon can go to Santander and kidnap Ezequiel Garay?

With all of Madrid's current problems, do you think that a ST is the number 1 target in January? I think they could do with a winger, and some major defensive help as well. Maybe Ramon Calderon can go to Santander and kidnap Ezequiel Garay?

Nah, TG, Garay is at Santander for the season. No doubt about it.

Madrid need a winger badly, and would have signed a big name one if it wasnt for the RVN thing. Diego Capel and Santi Cazorla were muted in the summer.

Without RVN though, a striker is now the priority. RVN is vital to Madrid in everyway, his link-up play and his goals. He's priceless.

Crespo or Adriano is who my money would be on. Both out of favour with Mourinho, they could go to Madrid on the cheap, Adriano has been linked with Fliumenese(sp), both are big target men and they both have the ability to score plenty of goals.

I wonder how much it would cost to take Lavezzi from Napoli, he is tearing Serie A to pieces just now. Chelsea were rumoured to be going to bid 12m in January but I think he will cost a bit more than that just now.