76 members have voted

1. 1. Hatton Or Malignaggi

• Hatton
    • Malignaggi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatton I think will win but in truth light welterwight is probably one of the weakest weight divisions about and Malignaggi isnt really very good and hes the 2nd best light welter in the world!!! I hope Hatton loses as I think he is a sell out who will do anything for a buck but I cant see it!!!

Hatton I think will win but in truth light welterwight is probably one of the weakest weight divisions about and Malignaggi isnt really very good and hes the 2nd best light welter in the world!!! I hope Hatton loses as I think he is a sell out who will do anything for a buck but I cant see it!!!

And you wouldn't if you have the appeal he does? :rolleyes:

I hope Haton wins, great guy! Fine boxer. Cannot fight at any other weight unfortunately.

So he lieks to enjoy himself between fights, he still gets the job done.

I dunnno why british fans have to givve our own guys so much stick. Calzaghe gets the same harsh treatment.

Wanting a yank to beat a brit at anything is just crazy IMO.

So much for Rule Brittania eh??

I hope Haton wins, great guy! Fine boxer. Cannot fight at any other weight unfortunately.

I dunnno why british fans have to givve our own guys so much stick. Calzaghe gets the same harsh treatment.

exactly he is always in shape for his fights

:unionflag:

True mate, but i read a recent interview with Mayweather Snr and he seemed absolutely disgusted with Hatton's "laddish" activities when he isnt in the ring. He told him that it has to stop completely, or he's out.

To be honest, i think all the drinking and fry up's has curtailed his career somewhat. I can't help but think that Hatton would be in a better position than he is in the current day if he got shot of Graham just that bit earlier.

Did you see the press conference when Hatton was saying how much he liked Malignaggi and hoped they could be friends, then two minutes after the press conference Ian Darke asked him about it and he said "there is nobody in the world he hates more than Malignaggie" :lol:

C'mon the Hitman!! :unionflag:

True mate, but i read a recent interview with Mayweather Snr and he seemed absolutely disgusted with Hatton's "laddish" activities when he isnt in the ring. He told him that it has to stop completely, or he's out.

To be honest, i think all the drinking and fry up's has curtailed his career somewhat. I can't help but think that Hatton would be in a better position than he is in the current day if he got shot of Graham just that bit earlier.

No doubt about it mate, you could argue he should have left after the Kostya Tzsu fight, his performances have been a mixed bag since then.

He is still a 2 weight world champion with his only loss being to the 1 of the greatest of all time so it is a good record.

He is with the right trainer now so I do hope he wins this 1 and gets a shot at manny. That would be a fitting way to end his career. 2 of his last 4 fights being against arguably 2 of the best P4P boxers in the world.

At least no1 can acuse the Hitman of ducking anyone.

No doubt about it mate, you could argue he should have left after the Kostya Tzsu fight, his performances have been a mixed bag since then.

He is still a 2 weight world champion with his only loss being to the 1 of the greatest of all time so it is a good record.

He is with the right trainer now so I do hope he wins this 1 and gets a shot at manny. That would be a fitting way to end his career. 2 of his last 4 fights being against arguably 2 of the best P4P boxers in the world.

To be fair, a dont think he has fought that many big fights. His 2 big fights have been Tsyzu and Mayweather. Would have said Castillo aswell but he was a blown up featherweight/lightweight who was well past his best. A still think Ricky will have too much for Paulie tho!!! Would love to see him fight PacMan!

To be fair, a dont think he has fought that many big fights. His 2 big fights have been Tsyzu and Mayweather. Would have said Castillo aswell but he was a blown up featherweight/lightweight who was well past his best. A still think Ricky will have too much for Paulie tho!!! Would love to see him fight PacMan!

Ricky was unlucky in the size he was, the division has never been blessed with as much talent as the ones jsut above or below so he could only beat what was there.

He didn't have the build to move up a weight properly as his performances showed. There is no way he could move down a weight with his lifestyle in between fights either :lol:

A victim of circumstance!

Ricky was unlucky in the size he was, the division has never been blessed with as much talent as the ones jsut above or below so he could only beat what was there.

He didn't have the build to move up a weight properly as his performances showed. There is no way he could move down a weight with his lifestyle in between fights either :lol:

A victim of circumstance!

Bollocks. He was in LWW at the same time as Floyd, Cotto, Judah, Gatti (pre shot), Tszyu (pre shot) in the world classers (yes he fought KT, but it was a KT that had fought 3 rounds in 3 years, and his shoulder was clinically fucked).

In the UK, he avoided Junior Witter for his full career, despite being called out by JW at every opportunity! Witter may well have done him, as he is far too slick for a wrestler like hatton.

To say he doesnt have the build to move up a weight is bollocks. Floyd started at Super Feather, and is around the same size! The problem is he went to Welter and fought 'live' fighters - Collazo and Floyd. Both outclassed him, as he actually stepped up a level in competition as well as the weight. Prior to that, and outwith shot fighters, every fighter on Ricky's resume is a 'tomato can,' hand picked by Frank Warren (as FW knew RH wasn't gonna make the top grade).

Dont believe the Hatton hype....he is a European class fighter that has been marvellously managed/marketed. Whether he beats PM is doubtful, though my money is on PM points; but the fact is, he is down at LWW away from the likes of Cotto and Margarito because he knows both would murder him! For what it's worth, Ricky/Frank Warren rejected a fight with Cotto (via Bob Arum) when Cotto was at LWW also.

I really hope Hatton wins. Malignaggi isn't doing much trash talking as he usually does and seems focused. In saying that Hatton looks very calm.
i think hatton will do him and malignaggi doesnt have the punching power with breaking his hands but i do agree with him avoiding witter