Advice Needed

Despite the title this isn't an off topic thread :craphead:

Right me and a few mates are looking into the possibility of going away for a long weekend to take in a European game and get rat arsed.

It's somthing we've never done before so I thought I would post a thread asking for a few pointers.

Ideally we'd like to go somewhere cheap and take in a game with a smallish stadium that is close to the pitch, similar to Highbury or Fratton Park, as we think it would create a better atmosphere.

Somewhere where you will also get a decent night out would be a bonus too :D

I've not looked into the prices of it yet, but the suggestions so far have been: Prague (Sparta) or Eindhoven (PSV).

Germany is also high on the list, as I have reason to believe that tickets are very cheap and you can get a beer in the ground too.

Anybody got any decent suggestions.

What about a Hertha Berlin match, mate?

Decent atmosphere, based in a wonderful city and most of all, it's one of the most iconic stadiums on the planet.

Was in berlin last year andseen it, awesome stadium! thats the one that is open at the end correct?

Bayern Munich or Ajax......a piss up in Munich or Amsterdam, 2decent teams & decent stadiums.......

Do not go to an Ajax game; the stadium is too big, stands are high up and away from the pitch and the acoustics are horrible. There is fuck all atmosphere.

I would recommend Germany.

Decent atmosphere, based in a wonderful city and most of all, it's one of the most iconic stadiums on the planet.

Thats where I would go mate.

Flights to Berlin are cheap as well (tu):beer1:

Was in berlin last year andseen it, awesome stadium! thats the one that is open at the end correct?

Berlin Olympic Stadium. I saw a German Cup Final there before it got done up. Amazing stadium and Berlin is a blast.

http://www.herthabsc.de/index.php?id=258

Berlin Olympic Stadium. I saw a German Cup Final there before it got done up. Amazing stadium and Berlin is a blast.

http://www.herthabsc.de/index.php?id=258

my mates went to berlin for stag weekend he said it was superb and nightlife was great

Despite the title this isn't an off topic thread :craphead:

Right me and a few mates are looking into the possibility of going away for a long weekend to take in a European game and get rat arsed.

It's somthing we've never done before so I thought I would post a thread asking for a few pointers.

Ideally we'd like to go somewhere cheap and take in a game with a smallish stadium that is close to the pitch, similar to Highbury or Fratton Park, as we think it would create a better atmosphere.

Somewhere where you will also get a decent night out would be a bonus too :D

I've not looked into the prices of it yet, but the suggestions so far have been: Prague (Sparta) or Eindhoven (PSV).

Germany is also high on the list, as I have reason to believe that tickets are very cheap and you can get a beer in the ground too.

Anybody got any decent suggestions.

Eindhoven isn't the most interesting city, but you're only 1 1/2 hours from Amsterdam.

I would suggest Galatasary V Fenerbache...

Literally THE most hostile derby in the world, plus out of europe, so no euro = cheap exchange rates!

Plus istanbul is probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world...

PLUS the birds are most certainly fair game :craphead:

anywhere in germany is good but 1860 munich and hamburg have a fan base thats bear friendly so either of these places have great nitelife

Really?

yes i know a few 1860 fans who go to all gers euro away games big ralph kricke runs theyre trips great big bluenose